Jaguars vs. Steelers Divisional Playoff GDT

JLambert58

16 minutes ago, warfelg said:

On the flip, he's been given 6 1st/2nd round players and only 1 of them is worth their weight.  Some of that has to be on coaching.  At some point so many disappointing players has to fall on coaching.

This D has no attitude or enforcers out there.  They really got run over today.   I wouldn't be shocked if this team fall sin important D stats next year such as Rush D and  pass D and maybe TO's.  

We are half a decade into the defense rebuild now. At no point since the dark years of the '80's has this team had a run of such mediocre defense for so long. With a defensive coach at the helm, no less.

Does anyone think they're going to match 13-3 next year or win homefield? Be healthier? What improves their chances of actually winning it at all or gives anyone hope that it's actually going to happen?

Maybe the offense will finally put together a full season and set the records it should based on talent.

Hahahahaha

19 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

all I can say after this  doodoofest is if you aren't calling for a top-down organizational purge ,  you're part of the problem and you will not see the improvement you want.

it was quite a doodoofest. Most of the game was so bad, but for me it was how uninspired the team started. Typical tomlin legacy, p[laying down to lesser opponents. We have to be the most underachieving team this decade.

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

This D has no attitude or enforcers out there.  They really got run over today.   I wouldn't be shocked if this team fall sin important D stats next year such as Rush D and  pass D and maybe TO's.  

I would be but not because of that. This team looked shocked whenever they ran the ball up the gut like they weren’t expecting it. That’s coaching. 

I think the steelers could do better then tomlin.. worried if he's just a slightly better version of a jeff fisher, Rex Ryan etc... hate how far our defense has Fallon under his watch

but at the same time.. we could do worse...so I'm stuck on neutral with tomlin.. don't care if we keep him for another few years or fire him tomorrow

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

I think the steelers could do better then tomlin.. worried if he's just a slightly better version of a jeff fisher, Rex Ryan etc... hate how far our defense has Fallon under his watch

but at the same time.. we could do worse...so I'm stuck on neutral with tomlin.. don't care if we keep him for another few years or fire him tomorrow

Who out there is better than him and available without saying someone who currently works a pregame show?

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

We see teams change coaches and get a spark out of it every year. And one year with this roster and Ben could mean another ring.

Who really thinks Mike Tomlin is the long term solution for this team when the QB goes? Like, Mike Tomlin's future post-Ben is so valuable than it's not even worth risking it for a chance at another ring now?

Only thing I do know is I do not see Tomlin getting another ring here.

20 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

not at all

top down

Colbert - Tomlin - Haley- Butler

all*** need to be gone

do you think with how bad this team was today that it could be enough to shake up  the ranks as you pointed out? It was pathetic despite what the score said. When 1/4 of the fans leave that early in the game, that says something 

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Who out there is better than him and available without saying someone who currently works a pregame show?

I don't know.. like I said.. I think we could do worse than tomlin.. so I'm not in a hurry to run him out of town.. for now

Just now, August4th said:

The defense has fallen because we lost and all time great defensive coordinator and a slew of amazing players in a short timeframe....and havent been able to replace them.   Hell, it would be unrealistic to think we would.      Im not saying we shouldnt expect more from our defense, but our defense wouldve likely fallen off in a huge way regardless of who was coaching.....especially when we have failed miserably at finding/developing defensive backs and pass rushers the last 5 or so years.

Tomlin isnt great.   If he was a QB, Id equate him to Alex Smith......a guy who is limited, but is good enough to win you games, and you have a better chance of doing worse than him than finding an upgrade....because the cold hard reality is, there arent many great head coaches in this league.  

Archived