Jaguars vs. Steelers Divisional Playoff GDT

JLambert58

16 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

We are half a decade into the defense rebuild now. At no point since the dark years of the '80's has this team had a run of such mediocre defense for so long. With a defensive coach at the helm, no less.

Does anyone think they're going to match 13-3 next year or win homefield? Be healthier? What improves their chances of actually winning it at all or gives anyone hope that it's actually going to happen?

Maybe the offense will finally put together a full season and set the records it should based on talent.

Hahahahaha

and when you say the dark years, you also say the name mark malone for qb , not a  1st ballot HPOF qb. This itself helps the D too. 

don't expect this team to play to its talent level, they never have.  As for the D, it is getting worse IMO despite sacks stat improving.  Run D is worse, that is for sure.

This team might get a good record just as they did this year, but we could also expect the same results. There is a problem with the mentality on this team, no killer instinct and they always play down to opponents except this time cost them. They even brought it up in the post game show and everyone there said the steelers were overlooking the opponent before the pats AFCCG.  That falls on the HC IMO, no way Noll or Cowher lets that happen. No way any good coach lets that happen. And then consider the conduct of the players too, that would never happen with Noll, Cowher or other good coaches. 

Truth of the matter is, this team needs a change at the top but because we have talent , we will still have decent regular season record , the change won't occur and this will continue.  

Most underachieving team this decade

3 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

I mean, You could explain why BB is a great coach without referencing his record, same with tons of other great coaches. But can you do it for Tomlin?

First off, Ive never claimed Tomlin was great.  

Secondly, Ive explained on many many occassions why is he "solid", even with our flaws.   Haters ignore it, so Im not going to keep doing it.

Third, outside of Belichick, who are the "Great" coaches in this league, in your opinion?    Better yet....what current coaches would you take over Tomlin?

He plays down to bad teams,

His entire team does.   Does he deserve blame?  Absolutely....but its certainly not all on him.  

When veteran players arent doing 

he let's his players talk about a game that may not happen,

This is why I cant take haters like you seriously.

You foolishly believe Tomlin should be a babysitter.   Thats not what he is.   He doesnt control what they think and do....you do realize that, right?

his decision making in games is suspect,

In many cases yes....it is. 

Thats why he isnt a great coach.

he has stuck with todd haley for far too long

Has he?

Does Rooney get any blame for this, since he was apparently the one who wanted to bring him in in the first place?

I dont know the whole story, but thats why I dont comment on the matter much....because I dont know much control Tomlin has over Haley's job.

, etc.

Second lazy argument youve made.

Yes....Tomlin has flaws.

No, Tomlin isnt great.

I just laugh at the notion that people think we could easily do better than Tomlin.   And again, not because Tomlin is anything special, but because there arent many great head coaches out there.    I guarantee, if we got rid of Tomlin and another guy came in and wasnt immediately winning us Superbowls, the same Steeler fans wanting to fire Tomlin now would want that coach fired after the first 2 years.....hell, maybe even the first year if we were to miss the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

and when you say the dark years, you also say the name mark malone for qb , not a  1st ballot HPOF qb. This itself helps the D too. 

don't expect this team to play to its talent level, they never have.  As for the D, it is getting worse IMO despite sacks stat improving.  Run D is worse, that is for sure.

This team might get a good record just as they did this year, but we could also expect the same results. There is a problem with the mentality on this team, no killer instinct and they always play down to opponents except this time cost them. They even brought it up in the post game show and everyone there said the steelers were overlooking the opponent before the pats AFCCG.  That falls on the HC IMO, no way Noll or Cowher lets that happen. No way any good coach lets that happen. And then consider the conduct of the players too, that would never happen with Noll, Cowher or other good coaches. 

Truth of the matter is, this team needs a change at the top but because we have talent , we will still have decent regular season record , the change won't occur and this will continue.  

Most underachieving team this decade

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

First off, Ive never claimed Tomlin was great.  

Secondly, Ive explained on many many occassions why is he "solid", even with our flaws.   Haters ignore it, so Im not going to keep doing it.

Third, outside of Belichick, who are the "Great" coaches in this league, in your opinion?    Better yet....what current coaches would you take over Tomlin?

His entire team does.   Does he deserve blame?  Absolutely....but its certainly not all on him.  

When veteran players arent doing 

This is why I cant take haters like you seriously.

You foolishly believe Tomlin should be a babysitter.   Thats not what he is.   He doesnt control what they think and do....you do realize that, right?

In many cases yes....it is. 

Thats why he isnt a great coach.

Has he?

Does Rooney get any blame for this, since he was apparently the one who wanted to bring him in in the first place?

I dont know the whole story, but thats why I dont comment on the matter much....because I dont know much control Tomlin has over Haley's job.

Second lazy argument youve made.

Yes....Tomlin has flaws.

No, Tomlin isnt great.

I just laugh at the notion that people think we could easily do better than Tomlin.   And again, not because Tomlin is anything special, but because there arent many great head coaches out there.    I guarantee, if we got rid of Tomlin and another guy came in and wasnt immediately winning us Superbowls, the same Steeler fans wanting to fire Tomlin now would want that coach fired after the first 2 years.....hell, maybe even the first year if we were to miss the playoffs.

lmao, literally 2 exact opposite posts

22 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Who out there is better than him and available without saying someone who currently works a pregame show?

did you miss the game today? You should be asking how much worse could this get. Is there a coach out there that would have been worse today? I don't know, this was bad. 

Why do people here keep thinking we can't do better than tomlin?  Many of the coaches in these playoffs are recent.  I guess we could have had some of them  if we were looking for a coach. 

1 minute ago, SlevinKelevra said:

besides tomlin, name a coach who literally

1) attacks the pats with the same failed game plan over and over expecting a different outcome

2) regularly plays down to competition

3) gives a PRESSER bragging that he won't learn/change.

you can't name one.

here's the problem  I'm not asking for Belichick.

I'm just asking for someone who might actually give our roster a chance.

nice strawman though.

Problem is I can name coaches who have and still do all of that. 

Your dodging of the question and not answering it tells me you don’t have an answer you just don’t like Tomlin. So unless you have a plan in place you can’t fire the guy. 

As for guys that say say what you wrote: Andy Reid, Pete Carroll, Mike McCarthy, Marvin Lewis, Rex Ryan, Both Harbaughs...

1 minute ago, DR43 said:

Can i mention his three AFC championship games, eight playoff years, and his Super Bowl victory?

sure, as long as in the same breath, you mention that Barry Switzer is an even more successful coach based on those metrics in the briefer timeline he was allowed.

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

did you miss the game today? You should be asking how much worse could this get. Is there a coach out there that would have been worse today? I don't know, this was bad. 

Why do people here keep thinking we can't do better than tomlin?  Many of the coaches in these playoffs are recent.  I guess we could have had some of them  if we were looking for a coach. 

I can assure it could have been much worse. You are talking with emotion if you don’t think it can get worse. 

25 minutes ago, August4th said:

I don't know.. like I said.. I think we could do worse than tomlin.. so I'm not in a hurry to run him out of town.. for now

who would have done worse than what you saw today and leading up to the game? When was the last time a coach and his players were thinking of the next playoff game after this one?  Especially after you consider the team they were playing already killed us at home this season. 

why do people here defend tomlin so much? Don't y'all here how many broadcasters say we are the most talented and dangerous team etc? That is a hint

Archived