Jaguars vs. Steelers Divisional Playoff GDT

JLambert58

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Or, Mitchell delivers a huge hit after giving up another first down in a game he played largely terrible in....

"Oh yeah.....who da man!?     Best safety in the league right HERE!!!!!! Aint no one drop the hammer like Mike Mitchell!!!!"   

lol the way that he acts on the field reminds me of the players from 'any given Sunday'

2 minutes ago, DR43 said:

Why are you restricting me?  Are you conceding his record is a solid point?

He has drafted fairly well, especially taking into account we have been drafting late in the first round most years.

i think his point is that winning-losing record - in of and by itself - is not indicative of actual coaching ability.  some great teams have won with and inspite of  mediocre or outright poor coaching.  See my Barry Switzer comment.

3 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

while lots of his coaching tree HAS failed, yes.  "few years" is an outright lie/distortion of his pedigree.

His suggestion of Patricia had more to do with how great of a coach Belichick is and the fact that Patricia coached under him.   So it isnt a lie/distortion because Im not talking about Patricia's qualifications directly

4 minutes ago, DR43 said:

Looking ahead if Shazier isn't included in the 2018 salary cap and if we cut, JJ Wilcox, Vance McDonald, and William Gay, we will be nearly 21 million under the cap.  

Four million of that will go to the draft.

How much would it cost to bring back bell to a hefty contract?  Keep in mind it would be the first year of his contact so, would that mean he would due around seven million?

That leaves us with $10 million.  

Could we pick up someone like Trumaine Johnson?

He's going to expensive.  With your cuts Haden would be back.  Sutton, Hilton, Allen.  Davon House would be an interesting pickup.

I wonder what Burns would look like playing safety.

4 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Because I want you to point out why he is a good coach without simply pointing out what he has accomplished. It SHOULD be a very simple exercise.

Your first sentence makes no sense.  

Firing Tomlin is non-sensical.  The team went 13-3, and a perennial playoff team (as they should be given the talent).  One has to consider the circumstances in which the steelers are in.  They're a great team and during most time periods, they'd probably have another championship or two.  Unfortunately, they have stick stacked team during probably the best run a franchise has ever had. 

What I find funny is how, certain Steelers fans can chastize Tomlin for looking ahead but completely ignore that Cowher used to do this. Like, he literally had the team book Hotels in the Super Bowl city when they went to the AFCCG. It backfired every time but twice just so you know.

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

He's going to expensive.  With your cuts Haden would be back.  Sutton, Hilton, Allen.  Davon House would be an interesting pickup.

I wonder what Burns would look like playing safety.

I have little to no faith in Burns or Davis.

Burns is a poor mans Ike Taylor....and I was never big on Ike either.

Sean Davis is just as bad as Mitchell....maybe even worse.

5 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Because I want you to point out why he is a good coach without simply pointing out what he has accomplished. It SHOULD be a very simple exercise.

Here's some things:

When Tomlin "goes with his gut" it more often works than when it doesn't.  Players, both in our lockerroom and in others respect him.  Tomlin does have a good pulse on the game no matter how much people try to rip on him.  

7 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

His suggestion of Patricia had more to do with how great of a coach Belichick is and the fact that Patricia coached under him.   So it isnt a lie/distortion because Im not talking about Patricia's qualifications directly

maybe so, but you said (implied) Patricia has only coached under him "a few years" which IS a lie or distortion.

or - let me put it this way.  For every  14$ in your bank account, you only keep 2 or 3  (a 'few').  Sound good?  We can donate the rest to a charity.  Or the HC search fund.  thanks.

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I have little to no faith in Burns or Davis.

Burns is a poor mans Ike Taylor....and I was never big on Ike either.

Sean Davis is just as bad as Mitchell....maybe even worse.

I have faith in Burns, because of how much we talk about Lake sucking.

Ditto with Davis, along with Mitchell being a terrible running mate.

Here's one way I would like us to be a bit more like the Pats:

I want to see Haden man on man on the #2 WR next year, with Burns getting safety help on the #1.  This is what they did when they had Butler and Revis.  Revis took the #2, putting a better corner on a lesser WR; then used the #2 corner and FS to double up on the #1, making it easier.

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

I think Patricia coaches the defense and found ways to scheme around it. Or maybe it's all Belichick. You don't really know, do you? What I do know is that we are talking about the Jaguars. Not the 2007 Patriots. No Belichick disciple has walked into a situation anywhere near as good as Tomlin's.

Archived