Jaguars vs. Steelers Divisional Playoff GDT

JLambert58

6 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

I'm not saying to ignore his accomplishments, I'm challenging people to explain how good he is without just simply linking me to Wikipedia. I know a lot of what he does is behind closed doors, but based on what we see, how is he better than other coaches?

Tell me this....what exactly DO we see from coaches?   And I mean ACTUALLY see.

How much do you, I or any other fan know about what EACH, INDIVIDUAL HEAD COACH does?   

And if you read my entire post, you would see I answered your question.....and Ill admit, most of that answer was based largely on hearsay and what limited stuff I get to see and hear about regarding Tomlin....because most of his impact and work is behind the scenes where us fans cant see.

If you choose to speculate what he does and doesnt do, and blindly want to attribute blame to him for certain things that may or may not be his fault....I cant stop you.....but Im not going to just blindly go along with you either.

7 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

This is what is great about Tomlin, he's a confident guy who breeds confidence in his players.  Half the battle to winning is believing you can win and for that we should all be happy that Tomlin is the guy leading the team.  He may not win every time, but he believes he can.  

Yup.  As a coach the best thing you can do is make them feeling like they can do anything.  It's IMO the hardest thing to do.  X's and O's is really easy for me.  Coaching plans is easy.  Feeling the flow of the game is easy too.  

Making your players want to run through a brick wall for you?  That's hard.

I think Tomlin can do all of those really well.

Time management?  That's so far down the list for me because if you can do those other things, time management is the last thing you need.

Hey guys, just wanted to say you have some great fans. Yea there are some drunk morons but that’s everywhere. 1 woman offered me hand/feet warmers in the elevator...she then asked if i was a steeler fan and i didnt lie. Even told her she could have them back. When they first showed Shazier on the jumbotron i stood up and clapped because I’m rooting for his recovery and the woman behind me thanked me for it which was cool. 

You guys are ultra talented and loaded on offense and have a lot of pieces on defense. I know Ben wont retire yet. I hope Bell stays for you guys and Antonio Brown is better than any WR in the game no questions asked even if he is hurt or sick

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Hey guys, just wanted to say you have some great fans. Yea there are some drunk morons but that’s everywhere. 1 woman offered me hand/feet warmers in the elevator...she then asked if i was a steeler fan and i didnt lie. Even told her she could have them back. When they first showed Shazier on the jumbotron i stood up and clapped because I’m rooting for his recovery and the woman behind me thanked me for it which was cool. 

You guys are ultra talented and loaded on offense and have a lot of pieces on defense. I know Ben wont retire yet. I hope Bell stays for you guys and Antonio Brown is better than any WR in the game no questions asked even if he is hurt or sick

You guys drafted Fournette and I'm rooting for y'all to win it all.  

13 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

At least we didn't lose like the saints just did.  I really hope the NFL gets Jags vs Vikes in the Superbowl.  That's the Superbowl they deserve.

but then that would be 2 defensive teams - we can't have that can we.

eagles are really good on DF as well, so that just leaves the pats 9_9

34 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Glad you had a good time and you were treated right.

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

That’s what everyone at Heinz Field was telling me lol I hope it happens but we will likely be 10+ pt underdogs

would be worth the loss if we get to see the jags strangle brady on live TV.. gonna be a huge jag fan Sunday

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Hey guys, just wanted to say you have some great fans.

Wanted to reiterate this. We got a lot of disrespect this week in general, but most of the Steelers fans were top notch about this. And from everyone I know that went to the game, they all said the fans at the game were some of the best and kindest they’ve seen. Thanks for being a really classy group. It’s a real juxtaposition from some of the stuff we saw last week, and I do appreciate it.

5 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Wanted to reiterate this. We got a lot of disrespect this week in general, but most of the Steelers fans were top notch about this. And from everyone I know that went to the game, they all said the fans at the game were some of the best and kindest they’ve seen. Thanks for being a really classy group. It’s a real juxtaposition from some of the stuff we saw last week, and I do appreciate it.

Thank you for your class as well. Congrats on the victory.

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

High class in regards to Shazier! Glad you were treated right, i had a feeling you would be. Congrats on the win.

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

2 hours ago, iPwn said:

Congrats on the victory guys. You guys deserved it. Now go into Foxboro and do the same thing you did at Heinz!! Best of luck!

Archived