Jaguars vs. Steelers Divisional Playoff GDT

JLambert58

20 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Patriots lose Hightower.

They found a way.

See, this proves what I say alot on here....that people unfairly want to compare coaches and teams to the Patriots, a historically well run franchise.

And if you want to compare them for the sake of doing so...fine, but its unrealistic to expect a team to function like they do.   Would it be nice?   Absolutely, but they are a historically special situation.    Tomlin is nowhere close to Belichick, and if you are expecting a coach to be, I got news for ya....youre never going to be happy with any coach we ever bring in.   

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

this dude is delusional ... I bet he flexes in the mirror before he goes to bed and when we wakes up everyday

he's the same clown that Tomlin has let  flex/woof  after giving up 20 yard 1st down plays (but big hits) for the last 3+ seasons.

only now he senses he's on his way out, so it's amplified.

25 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Patriots lose Hightower.

They found a way.

exactly. We never had Ham int he rams SB, and many considered him the best OLB up to that point .  Just an example.  Some teams win with back up QB's , hows that for a change? This team needs a major rework , and saying Shazier alone would have had the D good is too much. The entire team was bad in the first half. 

Then let the Steelers throw their hat into the ring to get Matt Patricia. If he's that much better. Because Tomlin wanted to brag how big of a part he had in this defense earlier in the year.

You aren't going to go through the season fully healthy. And every year people want to use this or that injury as an excuse. It's an endless game of whac-a-mol.

Just now, SlevinKelevra said:

he's the same clown that Tomlin has let  flex/woof  after giving up 20 yard 1st down plays (but big hits) for the last 3+ seasons.

only now he senses he's on his way out, so it's amplified.

So you know whats said to him on the sidelines and in the lockerroom?

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

See, this proves what I say alot on here....that people unfairly want to compare coaches and teams to the Patriots, a historically well run franchise.

And if you want to compare them for the sake of doing so...fine, but its unrealistic to expect a team to function like they do.   Would it be nice?   Absolutely, but they are a historically special situation.    Tomlin is nowhere close to Belichick, and if you are expecting a coach to be, I got news for ya....youre never going to be happy with any coach we ever bring in.   

Yup.  Not to mention they were prepared for it.  They also use a bunch of players for single roles, and we don't.  For us it puts more pressure on the starters, and even more on the backups.  And to me that's a frustration of the FO.  They didn't better prep this team for Shazier going out because none of the backups are able to play sideline to sideline like Shazier.

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

So you know whats said to him on the sidelines and in the lockerroom?

what part of "LET" translates to "said".

he keeps doing it. there's VIDEO evidence of it.   whatever tomlin said/does,  he keeps/kept DOING IT.   he was not taken off the field, he was allowed to keep doing it (possibly with consequences, yes)

your desire to join the gangup and "cast him as an idiot" postfest because we disagree on things is really clouding your ability to actually READ WHAT I WROTE.

a parent might tell their child to quit kicking the airplane seatback in front of them, but if all they get for continuing to do it 3, 4, 10 more times is loss of a lollipop rather than physical restraint, then YES, the parent is LETTING THEM DO IT.

1 minute ago, SlevinKelevra said:

what part of "LET" translates to "said".

he keeps doing it. there's VIDEO evidence of it.   whatever tomlin said/does,  he keeps/kept DOING IT.   he was not taken off the field, he was allowed to keep doing it (possibly with consequences, yes)

And if Tomlin takes him off the field to punish him and.......well I don't even know who FS2 is with Wilcox and Dangerfield out is.....and that guy gets beat I would be willing to bet every last dollar I have that you would complain that Tomlin pulled Mitchell.

14 minutes ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

I can't wait til this clown is off the team. Never have I ever seen a player who talked so much crap without backing it up.

what is NKM even implying "ya'll gonna know my name"? Does he expect the jags to sign him for depth? wtf is this crap, it's not even from crapaport eitherO.o

Just now, warfelg said:

And if Tomlin takes him off the field to punish him and.......well I don't even know who FS2 is with Wilcox and Dangerfield out is.....and that guy gets beat I would be willing to bet every last dollar I have that you would complain that Tomlin pulled Mitchell.

maybe I would, maybe I wouldn't  it's too bad we'll never know.  Tomlin reserves his doghouse for selective infractions only.  (Mendenhall, etc).

or maybe, you know, maybe, since I have told you repeatedly I have a "buck stops here" mentality, I'd actually respect and commend him for acting like the authority figure , teacher, mentor, and coach he is employed to be.

1 minute ago, CKSteeler said:

Then let the Steelers throw their hat into the ring to get Matt Patricia. If he's that much better.

That doesnt make much sense.    Matt Patricia isnt Bill Belichick.   Coaching under him a few years doesnt give him Belichick's mind.    Lots of Belichick disciples have been busts as head coaches.

On top of that, this isnt just regarding Tomlin.   

There is Belichick.....then everyone else.

Because Tomlin wanted to brag how big of a part he had in this defense earlier in the year.

Link?

Honestly not sure what youre talking about, but Im interested.

You aren't going to go through the season fully healthy. And every year people want to use this or that injury as an excuse. It's an endless game of whac-a-mol.

Except no one is making excuses for him.   There were lots of poor decisions it todays game he should answer for.

Shazier going down isnt an excuse....but it was still a huge hit to our defense.    That cant be argued.

Until you can point out the other franchises in the NFL that come remotely close to the success Belichick has, its unfair to hold Tomlin to that standard, because no one else should be held to that standard.     It'd be like saying a decent swimmer sucks because he isnt as good as Michael Phelps.    

Im rather neutral on Tomlin.   If he is fired....fine, I just hope they know what they are doing if that were to happen.     Im not as confident as you and others seem to be that it would be easy to upgrade from Tomlin.

3 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

what is NKM even implying "ya'll gonna know my name"? Does he expect the jags to sign him for depth? wtf is this crap, it's not even from crapaport eitherO.o

I think he meant they'd be seeing a lot of him (name on back of jersey) running behind the play trying to catch guys scoring TDs

Archived