Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

Is Richburg going to be a stop-gap or is he a monster truck?

Might not have to be a monster truck but just a real quality center who understands assignments and is both technically sound and cerebral at center. We were spoiled going from all-pro to all-pro at C for two decades but Richburg will certainly be a significant upgrade over the worst starting center in football that we have. 

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

Would be tied for 12th and 5-12 are only separated by 600k per year.  Either way, he's not worth it.

I think he'll get 5 or 6 once a deal is done. I'd be fine with that but honestly I don't think $7M is outrageous either. Over priced for him sure but I think he could get something similar on the open market. I don't believe his stats are indicative of how he played this year, as odd as that sounds.

4 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

I think he'll get 5 or 6 once a deal is done. I'd be fine with that but honestly I don't think $7M is outrageous either. Over priced for him sure but I think he could get something similar on the open market. I don't believe his stats are indicative of how he played this year, as odd as that sounds.

To me, he's an above average athlete who is a below average receiver and a below average blocker.  I think he should be paid like a below average TE which would put him around that 5 mil range as you mentioned.

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

To me, he's an above average athlete who is a below average receiver and a below average blocker.  I think he should be paid like a below average TE which would put him around that 5 mil range as you mentioned.

He's definitely a below average TE. 3 years $5M per seems more than reasonable. Can't get hosed on these deals just because we have the money. Macc needs to stay firm on these types of players. The above average guys, fine. We can have more wiggle room with those types of players. ASJ not so much.

Per Tony Pauline: One player the Jets hope to re-sign is tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins, something we initially reported after the Super Bowl. Seferian-Jenkins is coming off a breakout campaign and was one of the most consistent threats on the team’s offense. The two sides will meet at the combine to discuss a contract, and the number I’m hearing for Seferian-Jenkins is a two-year deal at $6 million per season.

40 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Per Tony Pauline: One player the Jets hope to re-sign is tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins, something we initially reported after the Super Bowl. Seferian-Jenkins is coming off a breakout campaign and was one of the most consistent threats on the team’s offense. The two sides will meet at the combine to discuss a contract, and the number I’m hearing for Seferian-Jenkins is a two-year deal at $6 million per season.

That's slightly more than I care to give to him. I think he's worth like 5mill per, but we have money so 1mill per is no big deal. With an upgrade at QB hopefully his stats will increase.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

That's slightly more than I care to give to him. I think he's worth like 5mill per, but we have money so 1mill per is no big deal. With an upgrade at QB hopefully his stats will increase.

I think he'd thrive if we got Cousins and if we don't get Cousins then we have about $40M more to play with this offseason. IMO pay our own guy like the 20th highest paid TE and forget about TE for 2 years.

Archived