Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

17 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Yeah let’s sign Bradford so he can get injured (did he even heal yet?) and provide absolutely nothing of value. Excellent thinking Mac.

Just the idea of picking up Bradford is insane. 

24 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Just the idea of picking up Bradford is insane. 

Just as insane as bringing back a 39 year old injury prone journeyman qb who fell apart late in games and even in his ‘best year’ was still mediocre. He’s good enough to get you enough wins to not get a top 5 pick but bad enough to never get you anywhere near a playoff spot.  

We need fresh blood both in the draft and FA. 

8 hours ago, xenajets said:

Just as insane as bringing back a 39 year old injury prone journeyman qb who fell apart late in games and even in his ‘best year’ was still mediocre. He’s good enough to get you enough wins to not get a top 5 pick but bad enough to never get you anywhere near a playoff spot.  

We need fresh blood both in the draft and FA. 

You don't mean Bradford as a starter but a back up that is OK.

15 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

You don't mean Bradford as a starter but a back up that is OK.

If we are bringing a vet qb to start the year perhaps after drafting Mayfield/Rosen at 6 then I’d rather Bradford/Teddy/AJ/Case than McCown. 

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

If we are bringing a vet qb to start the year perhaps after drafting Mayfield/Rosen at 6 then I’d rather Bradford/Teddy/AJ/Case than McCown. 

That’s a waste if cao space that can be spent at other positions. Bridgewater I’m ok with paying bc he still has franchise QB potential. Everyone else no thank you.

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That’s a waste if cao space that can be spent at other positions. Bridgewater I’m ok with paying bc he still has franchise QB potential. Everyone else no thank you.

I like bridgewater cause youd have a serious qb competition during training camp, which i think would push both Teddy and the drafted QB to be better and work harder.

A more established QB would pretty much be named the opening day starter regardless of who we drafted....even someone like Bradford would probably be an automatic opening day starter 

I just know i dont like Keenum much. I dont see what the analyists saw from him. I think those wide recievers made him look a lot better than he actually is

Just now, jetskid007 said:

Connor Hughes pointed something out in a trade-up situation with IND.... Rex hogan, who was our director of scouting in 2015-16, is Ballard’s VP of Player Personnel. Direct line of communication 

Do you view any QB worthy of trading up?

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Do you view any QB worthy of trading up?

I’m a huge believer in Darnold. So similar to Jameis from an ability/playing style perspective and the Eli-like demenour that meshes with the toned down culture we’re trying to build. He’s the one guy I feel like will eventually figure it out. I think he’s the best fit for THIS TEAM.

Fwiw I think Allen goes #1. 

I just read a few articles that state the Jets are going to start to go with plan B for QB. The jets feel that Cousins will sign with the Vikings. I'm really glad the jets will not get him. He is not the answer for the jets. i want Mayfield, Darnald or Rosen in that order. I like Allen but the other 3 I put a few steps ahead. i like Mayfield the most because he can step in and start day 1. I also think we can get Orlando Brown with our last pick in the second round. 

56 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

I like bridgewater cause youd have a serious qb competition during training camp, which i think would push both Teddy and the drafted QB to be better and work harder.

A more established QB would pretty much be named the opening day starter regardless of who we drafted....even someone like Bradford would probably be an automatic opening day starter 

I just know i dont like Keenum much. I dont see what the analyists saw from him. I think those wide recievers made him look a lot better than he actually is

What’s the difference between McCown and a guy like Teddy/Bradford? 

Cant imagine it being much. 

Just now, xenajets said:

What’s the difference between McCown and a guy like Teddy/Bradford? 

Cant imagine it being much. 

Bridgewater hasnt played in 2 seasons. His expectations should be a little lower and hehas more developmental upside over older guys.

Id like to double dip in that sense. Bridgewater and a rookie Qb would give us 2 QB's to develop for futire value... McCown wouldnt have any future value. and bradfords injury history is way worse than teddys and hes older.

Archived