Vic Fangio agrees to return to Chicago

TankWilliams

19 hours ago, incognito_man said:

could be he had the standing offer from CHI too and was seeing if anyone else blew him away. just figured he's be the first one gone.

I think that's essentially just about right. Pretty sure the Bears let him know early on they really wanted him back, and would compensate accordingly. For a guy who really only has one way to advance his career--HC--it makes sense for him to stay in Chicago. 

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

no, nobody told me that other teams would pass on him.

The way i hear it nobody passed on him.  He only wanted to leave if the right wc job opened up.  He was the first choice for the Bengals &Packers for sure, they werent Vics choice though

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

The way i hear it nobody passed on him.  He only wanted to leave if the right wc job opened up.  He was the first choice for the Bengals &Packers for sure, they werent Vics choice though

Got a source on that? 

On 1/14/2018 at 9:17 PM, Ketchup said:

Got a source on that? 

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/09/vic-fangio-is-packers-top-choice-to-be-new-defensive-coordinator/

not sure exactly what you were looking for, however it was widely believed that he was gbs first choice and that chicago would do every thing possible to keep him. theres no shame in admitting the pack had to go to plan b.

14 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/09/vic-fangio-is-packers-top-choice-to-be-new-defensive-coordinator/

not sure exactly what you were looking for, however it was widely believed that he was gbs first choice and that chicago would do every thing possible to keep him. theres no shame in admitting the pack had to go to plan b.

No there is no shame admitting it if we knew it was fact. Rapaport is a hack and is wrong more then he’s right so taking his word that Fangio was the Packers tip choice is silly. GB hired Pettine and right after that both SD and Chicago rehired there DC’s. It’s not stretch in logic to assume both were waiting on the GB job. Do I know that for sure, no obviously not and I’m open to being proven wrong. 

Superman said he heard Fangio didn’t want to leave unless it was the right job and that Fangio was “for sure” the top choices for Cincy and GB so I asked what his sources were on that. Sorry if wanted someone to back up a statement such as “for sure” with an actual source offends you. 

22 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

No there is no shame admitting it if we knew it was fact. Rapaport is a hack and is wrong more then he’s right so taking his word that Fangio was the Packers tip choice is silly. GB hired Pettine and right after that both SD and Chicago rehired there DC’s. It’s not stretch in logic to assume both were waiting on the GB job. Do I know that for sure, no obviously not and I’m open to being proven wrong. 

Superman said he heard Fangio didn’t want to leave unless it was the right job and that Fangio was “for sure” the top choices for Cincy and GB so I asked what his sources were on that. Sorry if wanted someone to back up a statement such as “for sure” with an actual source offends you. 

are you disputing that it was widely reported that was the case? you asked for a source and i just provided one, but it wasnt good enough for you. What would be good enough, a statement from the packers admitting pettine was plan b?

Would it not be smart of fangio to see what GB offered and then relaying that to chicago to beat it? 

22 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

are you disputing that it was widely reported that was the case? you asked for a source and i just provided one, but it wasnt good enough for you. What would be good enough, a statement from the packers admitting pettine was plan b?

Would it not be smart of fangio to see what GB offered and then relaying that to chicago to beat it? 

You didn’t provide a reliable source. That article was written by a nobody and he used Rapaport as his source, who I said is a terrible source. Like I said, I don’t care if Pettine was plan b. He’s a solid plan b if you ask me. Someone stated it as a fact that both Cincy and GB had Fangio as their  top choice and then disappeared when asked for a source on where he heard it. 

Archived