2018 Free Agency

turtle28

52 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

and Breeland...however, I've always felt you could mask corner play with a solid front 7. We'll see how that will work out if our guys are able to stay healthy.

very true. i agree with that logic

12 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Former #Bears LB Pernell McPhee is visiting the #Redskins, source said, on a visit that will continue to Monday. His first known visit of free agency.

thoughts?

also looks like skins are giving out more visits . I wonder if they will call maclin .

I think that could put pressure on gallete to sign back with us, rather have gallete anyways

18 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I think that could put pressure on gallete to sign back with us, rather have gallete anyways

I think gallete is full of him self . Dude is acting like he's still a 10 sack guy.

If he's good than he will beat out Preston Smith . 

2 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Former #Bears LB Pernell McPhee is visiting the #Redskins, source said, on a visit that will continue to Monday. His first known visit of free agency.

thoughts?

also looks like skins are giving out more visits . I wonder if they will call maclin .

Has to be a situational pass rusher because of multiple knee injuries in his first two years in Chicago, he can easily replace Galette’s role in the defense.

8 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

I think gallete is full of him self . Dude is acting like he's still a 10 sack guy.

If he's good than he will beat out Preston Smith . 

Galette’s issue is he isn’t a good run defender and he had the two torn Achilles in back to back years. He’s delusional thinking he’s going to go anywhere to be a definite starter w/o good competition. He’s a situational pass rusher who you hope can get you around 5 sacks out of nickel packages.

4 hours ago, mar29020 said:

we already signed zach brown. if anything the defense has gotten worse since we lost fuller and murphy.

You missed my point. My point was because we are paying Alex Smith $10 million less or more than we would have had to play Kirk we could re-sign Zach Brown, sign Paul Richardson and could sign a NT upgrade . Murphy didn’t play last year, so that’s irrelevant. Yes, losing Fuller hurts but we could have his and Breeland's replacement in house and we may sign Scandrick who can replace Fuller in the slot.

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You missed my point. My point was because we are paying Alex Smith $10 million less or more than we would have had to play Kirk we could re-sign Zach Brown, sign Paul Richardson and could sign a NT upgrade . Murphy didn’t play last year, so that’s irrelevant. Yes, losing Fuller hurts but we could have his and Breeland's replacement in house and we may sign Scandrick who can replace Fuller in the slot.

Apparently smith is trash .

i mean that's what I'm hearing which is absurd .

6 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Apparently smith is trash .

i mean that's what I'm hearing which is absurd .

Some people come up with an idea and then become biased against a player to push their narrative, that’s all that happening. PSmith is one of the best young pass rushers in the NFL, give him another year or 2 to develop even more and he could be better than Orakpo and Kerrigan are. Having Alllen play next to him occupying blockers will help PSmith as well, just like it did tge first month of the season. I think Smith gets double digit sacks this year. 

17 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Not to at all pertain to the point you are trying to make,

but about Norman.. anyone see a realistic chance that Washington gets an extension cooked up with Norman to bring that 2018 cap hit down? or would y'all prefer to ride out his age 30 final year, and probably part ways? 

Norman’s cap hit last year was $20 million but this year its $17 million and the last two years of his deal he makes $14.5 million and $15.5 mil. Sure it’s rich, but I think Norman plays out his entire contract in DC now that Fuller is gone and Breeland is still most likely gone. You can’t aford to lose your top 3 corners from the last two years by next year. Despite Norman being 30, he’s in good shape, and doesn’t look any different than the 2015 Norman who played in the super bowl for the Panthers. I think he’s here until his contract expires in 2021, and maybe longer if we are a perennial playoff team by then.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Norman’s cap hit last year was $20 million but this year its $17 million and the last two years of his deal he makes $14.5 million and $15.5 mil. Sure it’s rich, but I think Norman plays out his entire contract in DC now that Fuller is gone and Breeland is still most likely gone. You can’t aford to lose your top 3 corners from the last two years by next year. Despite Norman being 30, he’s in good shape, and doesn’t look any different than the 2015 Norman who played in the super bowl for the Panthers. I think he’s here until his contract expires in 2021, and maybe longer if we are a perennial playoff team by then.

Don't know what I was thinking. Maybe it was the beer, but I asked this question while thinking Norman was on the final year of his contract, for some strange reason. :S

so yeah.. as long as he's in good shape and earning it, he should about finish that full contract out. :) 

Came into FA needing WR, CB, NT, LG, RB, ILB, and backup OLB 

after today it could possibly be just RB, LG, being the biggest needs. I want to go defense in the draft but...... if we picked guice in the 1st and price fell to us in the 2nd then I think we had a solid offseason TBH

then with the rest of the picks take defense, maybe another developmental WR or if Lauletta slides take a flyer on him and basically dump McCoy’s contract

I would really like to hear us bring in Mewhort for a visit, haven’t heard much on his market, are teams worried about his injuries the last two seasons? 

He could allow us to not to not have to take a guard early in the draft 

Archived