The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

Welp we got a playoff win for the first time in forever. Mediocre season for the most part though. Need a major overhaul of this offensive staff. 

Free Agents

QB Brandon Weeden, WR Eric Decker, WR Harry Douglas, WR Eric Weems, OG Quinton Spain, OG Josh Kline, OG Brian Schwenke, DE David King, DE DaQuan Jones, OLB Erik Walden, ILB Avery Williamson, CB Brice McCain, S Curtis Riley, K Ryan Succop

I'm honestly not crazy about resigning any of those guys besides maybe Kline or Spain but we need to upgrade the Guard position either way so they're whatever to me. 

I posted it in the GDT thread but I'm looking forward to watching Corey next season. He and Marcus will have an injury free off-season this time around and they got a lot to work on. We saw his raw talent with that one handed catch but he and Marcus weren't on the same page far too often this year.

We need a better rush, linebacker, SS, interior OL, and change of pace back. Oh and a new HC (if we want to compete deep into the playoffs and not just the regular season) and OC.

OKAY! Now that the seasons over... FIRE EVERYONE TRADE MARCUS SELL THE TEAM!!!

Nah LOL. But for real I think we can build off of this year. And Marcus and Corey having a full offseason together will help SO MUCH and hopefully a new OC maybe a new HC if he doesnt want to fire Terry.. 

We NEED a change of pace RB with some legit speed. Someone to replace Dodd cause we need a pass rusher and depth along the Dline. Taylor needs more PT. and Id like to find another CB but I do expect Adoree to improve alot and become almost shut down next year. And like a lot of you said a OG that can pass block and keep the pocket clean so Marcus can step into throws with some confidence 

Lots of things to improve on and Im excited to see what we do this offseason

I had posted before that I don't think we can fire Mularkey just based on sheer statistics alone, but I think anyone who actually watched the games would know there is very good reason to fire Mularkey, and I've changed my mind. I think we actually do fire him after the Super Bowl.

14 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I had posted before that I don't think we can fire Mularkey just based on sheer statistics alone, but I think anyone who actually watched the games would know there is very good reason to fire Mularkey, and I've changed my mind. I think we actually do fire him after the Super Bowl.

Why the hell would we wait that long?

15 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Question will be does the team feel like Mularkey has taken them as far as we can go.  Are they willing to face the music, when they said that he was the coach "going forward." Are they willing to fire him even though we've "improved" our status as a team and made the divisional round of the playoffs?

Outside looking in, I'd be like "dang man goes 9-7 two years and advances to the divisional round of the playoffs and gets fired?"

But if they wanted to fire him regardless, might as well do it and not wait.

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Question will be does the team feel like Mularkey has taken them as far as we can go.  Are they willing to face the music, when they said that he was the coach "going forward." Are they willing to fire him even though we've "improved" our status as a team and made the divisional round of the playoffs?

Outside looking in, I'd be like "dang man goes 9-7 two years and advances to the divisional round of the playoffs and gets fired?"

But if they wanted to fire him regardless, might as well do it and not wait.

it's really an uncomfortable situation to be in. the team's underachieved massively in many respects which are directly his fault, and yet they clearly like their coach and play hard for him and had some success doing it. really wish mularkey was just better on his X's and O's. 

Archived