The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, VY said:

I think the most recent Super Bowl shows that if you build a strong enough team, with the right backup you can make do. 

Henne definitely is not the next Foles. If we are serious about minimizing drop off Kaepernick is the best option out there. But I doubt a new coaching staff wants to deal with "the distraction". Likely going with a crap guy like Henne and a late round pick.

While Kaep may be better than Henne, we're screwed with either starting. Henne can help the team somewhat with a clipboard. Kaepernick does not.

Foles wasn't even the next Foles until the NFC Championship game. Guys like him and Keenum had stunk it up in several places but happened to fall in the right place to have success. Foles lit it up his last two games, but had shown nothing prior to that outside of his first year with Kelly.

I'm not excited about Henne at all, but dear bejeesus stay away from Kaepernick.

35 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Bring him back as depth. Had a really nice year last year. Butler/Ryan/Jackson/McCourty/Sims? yes please.

I was coming in here to say this'

BRING BACK JMAC MAN. I'd take him over Tye smith no problem. This is his home. Should've never left! And then I can finally sit back and stop whining about our CBs.. I think Jackson has a big year with Butler on the other side. So what are we thinking? Pass rush in the draft? BPA?  Sorry not been reading what you guys have been posting much lately

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

While Kaep may be better than Henne, we're screwed with either starting. Henne can help the team somewhat with a clipboard. Kaepernick does not.

Foles wasn't even the next Foles until the NFC Championship game. Guys like him and Keenum had stunk it up in several places but happened to fall in the right place to have success. Foles lit it up his last two games, but had shown nothing prior to that outside of his first year with Kelly.

I'm not excited about Henne at all, but dear bejeesus stay away from Kaepernick.

Mariota goes down. 2 minutes to go. Down by 4 with the ball at your own 30. Henne doesn't have a snowflake's chance in hell in getting you into the endzone. Kaepernick at least gives you a shot. Think it's bogus to say that some of the guys getting signed before him are more talented, it's just not the case.

3 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

I was coming in here to say this'

BRING BACK JMAC MAN. I'd take him over Tye smith no problem. This is his home. Should've never left! And then I can finally sit back and stop whining about our CBs.. I think Jackson has a big year with Butler on the other side. So what are we thinking? Pass rush in the draft? BPA?  Sorry not been reading what you guys have been posting much lately

It's a nice thought, but a CB that low down the totem pole has to play ST's. 

17 minutes ago, VY said:

It's a nice thought, but a CB that low down the totem pole has to play ST's. 

I don't see McCourty as the type of player to balk at playing special teams.

That being said, he could likely get starter-ish money and a starting spot elsewhere(or at least better than 4th on the depth chart).

31 minutes ago, VY said:

Mariota goes down. 2 minutes to go. Down by 4 with the ball at your own 30. Henne doesn't have a snowflake's chance in hell in getting you into the endzone. Kaepernick at least gives you a shot. Think it's bogus to say that some of the guys getting signed before him are more talented, it's just not the case.

Yeah, there’s no way anyone can argue that a guy like Henne, or really anyone we end up going with at backup QB, has a better chance than Kaep of keeping the offense afloat if Marcus were to miss a couple games.

I have long accepted that it won’t happen based on rolling with Cassel last year, but we’d definitely be better off with Kaep.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Patriots trade for J-Mac. So now I have to hate him. Which makes me sad.

Speaking of the Patriots, I wonder if our game next year against them could be a primetime game, considering it's a playoff rematch and the whole "Patriots South" stuff.

14 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Speaking of the Patriots, I wonder if our game next year against them could be a primetime game, considering it's a playoff rematch and the whole "Patriots South" stuff.

Very good question. I doubt it happens as we never get those games (but who knows maybe that'll change), but looking at the schedule we could get as many as 3 or 4 - Pats, one of the Jags games, Eagles, and maybe a Texans game for a Vrabel vs O'Brien match-up. The game before we go to London would be a decent time to have a Thursday night game to give a few extra days of rest. 

1 minute ago, VY said:

Very good question. I doubt it happens as we never get those games (but who knows maybe that'll change), but looking at the schedule we could get as many as 3 or 4 - Pats, one of the Jags games, Eagles, and maybe a Texans game for a Vrabel vs O'Brien match-up. 

A wildcard could be the Cowboys on Thanksgiving.

Archived