The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

You can go all day if you want, but Mariota is a complete QB and we will run an offense for a complete QB, not the offense that hides the inability of your QB to make reads in the pocket like Kaep needs.

We will not install two offensive game plans to facilitate the flaws of our backup QB. The offense Mariota runs will be the offense the backup runs.

Once again stay on topic we’re not talking about Mariota stay on the freeway & stop getting off the next exit. We’re talking about a backup QB position. News flash if there are any complete QB’s chances are they’re not a backup or looking for work. Again Mariota has nothing to do wit this. Almost every NFL team outside the eagles have a different playbook for their backup QB... 

2 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Once again stay on topic we’re not talking about Mariota stay on the freeway & stop getting off the next exit. We’re talking about a backup QB position. News flash if there are any complete QB’s chances are they’re not a backup or looking for work. Again Mariota has nothing to do wit this. Almost every NFL team outside the eagles have a different playbook for their backup QB... 

News flash your backup QB plays in the same offense as your starter.

And no, no they don't. They may not call some of those plays because some of the backups flaws, but they do not have two separate playbooks nor game-plans going into a game..

Now I’m waiting name a NFL team that runs the same system they run with their starter as their back up ?. When Wentz went down Philly offense changed a lil far as zone reads & design runs, Carolina David Anderson is not Cam Newton. Houston offense completely different from savage to Watson. Dallas changed their entire offensive scheme from Romo to Dak, what you’re saying sounds good I hear you how Mariota is the complete QB & we'regoing to have a backup that runs the same offense that Mariota runs, its sounds good but it’s a slim chance we find a backup wit a Mariota skilkset, & I know you gone take that & run with it so let me change a poor mans version of Mariota 

News flash kap can play in our offense ??‍♂️? it’s the same offense RG3 ran & had success with his problem was he got tired of getting hit & tried to prove to shanahan that he’s a pocket passer. So how couldn’t kap thrive as a backup in our system ? yeah you write though you won this debate kap doesn’t fit won’t work moving along 

3 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Now I’m waiting name a NFL team that runs the same system they run with their starter as their back up ?. When Wentz went down Philly offense changed a lil far as zone reads & design runs, Carolina David Anderson is not Cam Newton. Houston offense completely different from savage to Watson. Dallas changed their entire offensive scheme from Romo to Dak, what you’re saying sounds good I hear you how Mariota is the complete QB & we'regoing to have a backup that runs the same offense that Mariota runs, its sounds good but it’s a slim chance we find a backup wit a Mariota skilkset, & I know you gone take that & run with it so let me change a poor mans version of Mariota 

Whwn Cam goes out they don't call read-option plays. They limit their existing play-book they do not have a new one.

Foles ran the exact same offense as Wentz they just started calling more RPOs in the Vikings and Patriots games. Plays already in the playbook and ran with Wentz, just called more often over a two-game period because of the success they had.

They limit or adapt play-calling from the exact same playbook.

3 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

News flash kap can play in our offense ??‍♂️? it’s the same offense RG3 ran & had success with his problem was he got tired of getting hit & tried to prove to shanahan that he’s a pocket passer. So how couldn’t kap thrive as a backup in our system ? yeah you write though you won this debate kap doesn’t fit won’t work moving along 

I didn't say anything about him in our system. You said he would thrive in some type of heavy read-option, outside the pocket offense, and I said that's not what we are. We'll have some read-option and could call it more often with him.

Just now, TitanSS said:

I didn't say anything about him in our system. You said he would thrive in some type of heavy read-option, outside the pocket offense, and I said that's not what we are. We'll have some read-option and could call it more often with him.

1st off all I never said we would change the offense, for a backup again read what I said. & the read option naked bootleg play action  fast tempo is the shanahan offense. Not saying that Marcus will be used the exact same as RG3 but it exist in the playbook. Shanahan offense is built for Mobil QB’s & Strong run game. To keep the defense off balance.

Archived