These former Redskins must be lucky

Doc Draper

On 1/17/2018 at 4:18 AM, Dashing202 said:

Lol so a 49 yard field goal impresses you ?

Yes, when a guy hardley ever misses them unlike the kicker we kept over him. I hate losing clutch players for those who aren’t and it appears we did that when we chose to keep Hopkins over Forbath in 2015 when Forbath was healthy enough to return form his quad injury that year.

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, when a guy hardley ever misses them unlike the kicker we kept over him. I hate losing clutch players for those who aren’t and it appears we did that when we chose to keep Hopkins over Forbath in 2015 when Forbath was healthy enough to return form his I think quad injury that year.

Kicking wasn't an issue this year ther than one FG block .

On 1/16/2018 at 10:54 PM, turtle28 said:

Again, kick off coverage needed to be improved. I’d rather focus on that and have an automatic kicker inside 50 than a guy who can boom it out of the end zone but misses 8 kicks, including a game winner vs Cindy.

Hopkins 0-2 over 50 this year and 3-7 or 43% over 50 last year so, 3-9 the last two years over 50 the last two years.

What does a strong leg matter if it’s inaccurate? 

Notice I said this?

"I didn't like saying goodbye to his almost automatic kicks inside 50 yards. But I didn't mind seeing his short kicks go away"

The kick yards wasn't the net. It was how far his kicks went. He averaged near the bottom, every year.

What I'm saying is that I'm agreeing with you that he is a better kicker now. Back then he was more accurate, but he didn't lengthen the field for us. He has gotten better. Good for him.

41 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Notice I said this?

"I didn't like saying goodbye to his almost automatic kicks inside 50 yards. But I didn't mind seeing his short kicks go away"

The kick yards wasn't the net. It was how far his kicks went. He averaged near the bottom, every year.

What I'm saying is that I'm agreeing with you that he is a better kicker now. Back then he was more accurate, but he didn't lengthen the field for us. He has gotten better. Good for him.

Give me accuracy over a strong legged inaccurate kicker every day of the week. Many teams have gone on deep playoff runs or won Super Bowls with kickers who didn’t kick many over 50 or that had to have their punters kick off. The colts come to mind, the Anderson’s for the Falcons and Vikings in the late 90s and I’m blanking on others but I know it’s happened that was before. In 2013 & 14 our coverage was amongst the worst of all time, it definitely cost us a game vs Philly.  Maybe even more. Get better depth behind your starters and inturn better special teams players and that doesn’t happen but when Shanahan drafts guys in the draft who aren’t goodnon special teams - particularly in the mid and late rounds - then our special teams coverage becomes and issue.

11 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Can you imagine how obnoxious I’m gonna be when Calais Campbell is super bowl MVP?

Well, I doubt that happens, I’ll never forget that most in this forum particularly you wanted to draft Campbell over any of the 3 players we took in round 2 of the 08 draft - particularly Malcolm Kelley because of his knee injury - damn sad that Cerrato is such a fool!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived