Titans Head Coaching Search 2018

KingTitan

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Depending on the OC, I'd take it.  Leader of men is a big thing to me and keeping culture in mind.

Yeah, same. With that said, it would shock me if they didn't go with an offensive-minded candidate.

If we hire a defensive coach and strong OC and Mariota progresses, that OC is gone in a year or two.

Just now, TwoToneBlue said:

Yeah, same. With that said, it would shock me if they didn't go with an offensive-minded candidate.

If we hire a defensive coach and strong OC and Mariota progresses, that OC is gone in a year or two.

I just think you need the right guy and the right guy will be able to see what is needed on offense.
Mike Zimmer. Ron Rivera. Bill Belichick, Dan Quinn.... and even Tony Dungy. They all were defensive guys that led some good offenses. 

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I just think you need the right guy and the right guy will be able to see what is needed on offense.
Mike Zimmer. Ron Rivera. Bill Belichick, Dan Quinn.... and even Tony Dungy. They all were defensive guys that led some good offenses. 

I’m not against hiring a defensive minded guy at all. Like you’ve said, it just takes the right OC to pair with him and we will be just fine.

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Vrabel would have to knock the assistant coaches hirings out of the park especially on offense. John McClain seems to think he can be successful.

I like him. I think he has the attitude we would want.

Toughness. Football. Smart...Dependable.

Sounds like him to me.

Looks like it too lol

Image result for mike vrabel

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Vrabel would have to knock the assistant coaches hirings out of the park especially on offense. John McClain seems to think he can be successful.

lol You are like me. Pretty much listening to every ounce of radio coverage. 

McGinnis talking about the personal aspect of a firing.

I really do feel bad for Mularkey. I liked him and wanted him to succeed.  Time just ran out.

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

I feel like whoever we hire is going to need to hit home run hires as coordinators so that doesn’t scare me off of him. There isn’t a true great candidate for HC this season IMO. Each guy being talked about has some pretty big question marks. It just depends on what question marks the front office feels comfortable taking a chance on. 

I could be down with Vrabel... And there's a JRob connection too... 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/04/mike-vrabel-2018-nfl-coaching-carousel-houston-texans-defensive-coordinator

Unlike the former Patriots assistants who have crashed and burned in head-coaching roles, Vrabel saw the Hoodie through the eyes of a player. From that experience he came away with some core beliefs about coaching. “That preparation is vitally important,” Vrabel says. “Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of a player, being consistent, never predicting how a game is going to go, being ready for constant change, evolution. We try to take [the opponent’s] best plays and best players away from them every week and make them beat us with something that’s not their strength.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

lol You are like me. Pretty much listening to every ounce of radio coverage. 

McGinnis talking about the personal aspect of a firing.

I really do feel bad for Mularkey. I liked him and wanted him to succeed.  Time just ran out.

Yeah, Mularkey seems like a great guy, but just too stuck in his ways and unwilling to adapt the offense when it's clear that is what Mariota needs to reach his full potential.

1 minute ago, ragevsuall17 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/04/mike-vrabel-2018-nfl-coaching-carousel-houston-texans-defensive-coordinator

Unlike the former Patriots assistants who have crashed and burned in head-coaching roles, Vrabel saw the Hoodie through the eyes of a player. From that experience he came away with some core beliefs about coaching. “That preparation is vitally important,” Vrabel says. “Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of a player, being consistent, never predicting how a game is going to go, being ready for constant change, evolution. We try to take [the opponent’s] best plays and best players away from them every week and make them beat us with something that’s not their strength.

Yeah. He was on my list. I like what he is about. I think he fits the motto. Tough, Dependable, Smart.

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

My list....in no order.

1. Steve Wilks- Panthers DC
  2. Dave Toub-Chiefs ST Coach
  3. Harold Goodwin- Cardinals OC
  4. Pat Shumur-Browns OC
  5. Pete Carmicheal Jr. Saints OC
  6. Josh McDaniels-Patriots OC
  7. Mike Vrabel- Texans DC

Thinking more on it. These are my guys.

1. Wilks
2. Vrabel
3. Toub

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah. He mentioned they have same agents

Makes sense.  Fine with me, being someone that doesn't love McDaniels. 

He's also an idiot, so take it with a grain of salt. I think we have a shot at McD, I'm just not sure if he's the best fit. It would be great to throw the Colts off so late in the game for them.

My dream scenario would be: 

Titans - McDaniels

Giants - Patricia

Lions - Vrabel

Colts - Jeff Fisher

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah. He was on my list. I like what he is about. I think he fits the motto. Tough, Dependable, Smart.

Yeah, definitely. And I think players tend to respond well to former players as coaches. 

The big concern with Vrabel is he has been a coach at Ohio State and the Texans. His connections around the league may be a bit thin for hiring his staff.

15 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I like Vrabel a lot and think he'll be successful. That quote is a framer, something we need our next HC (and his staff) to live and breathe. 

If he could get a great OC I'd be onboard. I was looking to see if he and DeFilippo had any connections, but they don't really aside from growing up near each other in Ohio. 

• Like 1