Nacho Simulation Football League (S15 - Taco Bowl XV POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

You tanked for years so that you could build a 5-4 squad. 

Yeah I was more so defending my own record rather than Tammy's. It took me 1 bad season and 0 draft picks to get to the same record that 4+ years of tanking & 7 firsts did for Tammy.

Add in the fact that I didn't draft till the 7th..

Tammy I would not be happy with the results your tank job yielded tbh. You got a star RB.. thats it. Sacrificing 4+ seasons for a 5-4 record right now is not great.

I'm far more impressed with iPwn's job than yours ngl. If your team was dominating the way his is I would give you the benefit of the doubt.

4 minutes ago, Gmen4ev said:

I'm far more impressed with iPwn's job than yours ngl. If your team was dominating the way his is I would give you the benefit of the doubt.

One team has the second best record, top ranked defense, and top point differential. The other is tied for third/4th place in his division. So ??‍♀️

Just now, MookieMonster said:

OL are so hit or miss in this sim. It seems like the toughest position to get the elite players to play that way. Seems so random like top 5 OTs sucking and then you’ve got some scrubs playing at an all star level. 

I've come to the point where OL stats are somewhat meaningless. Offensive performance (both rbs & qb) is where its at.

Jared Veldheer [9 GS]: 6 pancakes, 8 sacks allowed, 8 stuffs allowed.
Kyle Long [9 GS]: 11 pancakes, 5 sacks allowed, 13 stuffs allowed.
Ryan Kalil [9 GS]: 9 pancakes, 6 sacks allowed, 7 stuffs allowed.
Nick Mangold [9 GS]: 13 pancakes, 5 sacks allowed, 9 stuffs allowed.
Branden Albert [9 GS]: 8 pancakes, 3 sacks allowed, 13 stuffs allowed.

You'd look at these 5 guys and assume they're all doing horribly. And another owner may have benched/replaced a few of them at this point. But realistically the negative numbers are so high due to the incredibly high offensive aggro setting I have set, and likely due to my far below average WR group.

Matthew Stafford [9 GS]: 179/287 (62.37%, 98.29 Rating) for 2,287 yards, 17 touchdowns, 6 interceptions. 13 carries for 46 yards (3.54 YPC, 11 LNG), 0 touchdowns, 5 fumbles.

Kareem Hunt [9 GS]: 157 carries for 747 yards (4.76 YPC, 58 LNG), 4 touchdowns, 1 fumble. 15 receptions for 110 yards (7.33 YPR, 25 LNG), 1 touchdown, 1 fumble.
Jamaal Charles [9 GS]: 85 carries for 370 yards (4.35 YPC, 29 LNG), 1 touchdown, 3 fumbles. 23 receptions for 256 yards (11.13 YPR, 35 LNG), 2 touchdowns, 4 drops, 2 fumbles.

Aside from two poor games from Stafford he's been incredibly elite and has held his own despite the bad WR's. Hunt and Charles are slowing down but in their first 6ish weeks they were unstoppable.

I credit all three guys performance to my(imo) above average offensive line, and if I would have chosen the bottom of the barrel again their numbers would likely be far far worse.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Man y'all are annoying.

True. But what else is going to happen in this thread 2/3 days during the season if not a bunch of trash talk?

Y’all better hope that glen and I don’t both become good at the same time for a long period of time. Our trash talk when I was with Hyrule was absurd, and I’d expect it to happen again. 

3 minutes ago, iPwn said:

True. But what else is going to happen in this thread 2/3 days during the season if not a bunch of trash talk?

Y’all better hope that glen and I don’t both become good at the same time for a long period of time. Our trash talk when I was with Hyrule was absurd, and I’d expect it to happen again. 

I'm just waiting for you to get good.

1 hour ago, Gmen4ev said:
1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

OL are so hit or miss in this sim. It seems like the toughest position to get the elite players to play that way. Seems so random like top 5 OTs sucking and then you’ve got some scrubs playing at an all star level. 

I've come to the point where OL stats are somewhat meaningless. Offensive performance (both rbs & qb) is where its at.

Jared Veldheer [9 GS]: 6 pancakes, 8 sacks allowed, 8 stuffs allowed.
Kyle Long [9 GS]: 11 pancakes, 5 sacks allowed, 13 stuffs allowed.
Ryan Kalil [9 GS]: 9 pancakes, 6 sacks allowed, 7 stuffs allowed.
Nick Mangold [9 GS]: 13 pancakes, 5 sacks allowed, 9 stuffs allowed.
Branden Albert [9 GS]: 8 pancakes, 3 sacks allowed, 13 stuffs allowed.

You'd look at these 5 guys and assume they're all doing horribly. And another owner may have benched/replaced a few of them at this point. But realistically the negative numbers are so high due to the incredibly high offensive aggro setting I have set, and likely due to my far below average WR group.

Matthew Stafford [9 GS]: 179/287 (62.37%, 98.29 Rating) for 2,287 yards, 17 touchdowns, 6 interceptions. 13 carries for 46 yards (3.54 YPC, 11 LNG), 0 touchdowns, 5 fumbles.

Kareem Hunt [9 GS]: 157 carries for 747 yards (4.76 YPC, 58 LNG), 4 touchdowns, 1 fumble. 15 receptions for 110 yards (7.33 YPR, 25 LNG), 1 touchdown, 1 fumble.
Jamaal Charles [9 GS]: 85 carries for 370 yards (4.35 YPC, 29 LNG), 1 touchdown, 3 fumbles. 23 receptions for 256 yards (11.13 YPR, 35 LNG), 2 touchdowns, 4 drops, 2 fumbles.

Aside from two poor games from Stafford he's been incredibly elite and has held his own despite the bad WR's. Hunt and Charles are slowing down but in their first 6ish weeks they were unstoppable.

I credit all three guys performance to my(imo) above average offensive line, and if I would have chosen the bottom of the barrel again their numbers would likely be far far worse.

No no no offensive line is meaningless, avoid drafting at all costs.

4 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

lol I definitely see the value I just wonder what causes the huge variation. It almost seems like an elite DL always beats an elite OL where I feel like in the NFL, its generally the opposite in most cases.

13 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Yes. Or untill the 9th like I did