Nacho Simulation Football League (S15 - Taco Bowl XV POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

At any rate, how is it any different from any other site that may or may not be used to grade players? I'm fairly certain he pulls data from 5-6 sites (and I know I've provided him one of them way back in the day). There was another very good one that measured EPA and WPA but that one is no longer updated IIRC.

He does pull data from multiple sites. But owners being led to believe one site wasn’t being used anymore while one owner knew with absolute certainty that it was being used is wildly unfair.

I’m all for PFF being added back. I want as accurate of a representation of players as possible. But if it is going to be put back, either everyone needs to know or no one should know. 

I just logged on and it appears it's only being offered in a PDF now rather than its old HTML pages in which my previous script took the data from. So it's definitely not happening at least for this season... I don't  have time to rewrite the script to parse a PDF.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I would've mentioned it once I made the assessment of whether it could still be done without a major code overhaul I don't have time for right now.

I feel like that’s something that should be done before keepers are set and the draft starts. Kinda unfair to have one player keeping their keepers and drafting based on the assumption PFF is coming back while the rest of the league doesn’t know.

Just now, iPwn said:

I feel like that’s something that should be done before keepers are set and the draft starts. Kinda unfair to have one player keeping their keepers and drafting based on the assumption PFF is coming back while the rest of the league doesn’t know.

I mean he did just come to me with the offer a couple days ago. Didn't see the harm in it, as I said. And it appears it was for naught, anyway. At least as far as Season 15 is concerned. I did save the PDF, if I can write a parser before Season 16 I'll try to include it for then.

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I just logged on and it appears it's only being offered in a PDF now rather than its old HTML pages in which my previous script took the data from. So it's definitely not happening at least for this season... I don't  have time to rewrite the script to parse a PDF.

I've got the weekly rankings from PFF in excel format.  Happy to share.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Do you mean the player ratings or the signature stats?

I have no interest in the 1-100 player ratings.

I got it from the PFF Elite membership.  Not sure what the difference is between the signature stats and player ratings.

Hit me up with your email addy and I can send you what I've got.

Just now, ny92jefferis said:

I got it from the PFF Elite membership.  Not sure what the difference is between the signature stats and player ratings.

Hit me up with your email addy and I can send you what I've got.

Oh yeah, I missed this page looking through here. It does appear I can export them to CSV. Unfortanutely the HTML  is still in a completely different format than it was before. Still manageable, though.... much more so if I extract to CSV

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

Wouldn't PFF's metrics come into effect S17? I thought there were no ratings changes between S15 and S16.

This would be an exception, I guess. I just doubt I can write a parser for the new formatting in time with my current work schedule.

5 minutes ago, iPwn said:

If you think that PFF was a 'make or break' determining factor in how I viewed my keepers or draft board, you are mistaken.

I think the last time I subscribed was for a month back in 2016, pulled all the data from the 2015, 14, and 13 seasons. But that info is on my old computer. Didn't do it last year and did it this year so that I could collect 2 years worth of data for 1 month's subscription.