Nacho Simulation Football League (S15 - Taco Bowl XV POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

Makes the Williams pick even sweeter

Eh. Players with only 1 season under their belt aren't exactly the best options for starters, hence why Nacho implemented the 1 tag rule in the first place. I tried to roll with Carr in S11 after he had 2 seasons under his belt (and a damn good sophomore year to boot), and he unfortunately wasn't all that great. I'm sure QB is probably a harder position to expect a young player to thrive in.

7 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Eh. Players with only 1 season under their belt aren't exactly the best options for starters, hence why Nacho implemented the 1 tag rule in the first place. I tried to roll with Carr in S11 after he had 2 seasons under his belt (and a damn good sophomore year to boot), and he unfortunately wasn't all that great. I'm sure QB is probably a harder position to expect a young player to thrive in.

Yup.. 

9 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Williams was a good prospect who had a great rookie year. I don't expect a great safety yet, but I think he should be good and is a cheap keeper for the next two NSFL seasons until he gets another NFL season under his belt. 

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

Williams was a good prospect who had a great rookie year. I don't expect a great safety yet, but I think he should be good and is a cheap keeper for the next two NSFL seasons until he gets another NFL season under his belt. 

He’s a cheap keeper for one season, not two.

11 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

English please

He said you won't know if he should be one of the better safeties, because we have Season 16 come before the 2018 NFL season. So you are banking on a rookie starting two seasons after just one NFL year under his belt.

Keanu Neal had 106 tackles, 1 fumble recovery, 5 forced fumbles and 8 Pass Def his rookie season. Here's how he looked last year:

Keanu Neal [7 GS]: 39 tackles, 11 coverages.
Keanu Neal [16 GS]: 94 tackles, 23 coverages, 1 sack, 4 interceptions, 2 forced fumbles, 1 recovery, 1 touchdown.

Now for me you can make a case that I figured out my sliders to better accommodate my safeties, but his first season wasn't looking all that stellar and I pulled the plug on him early to keep him at 1 tag. The next season I felt that he'd have to sink or swim because he'd either be worth 2 tags after his second NFL season, or I'd move on from him. And he managed to look good. But that first season... I guess being on pace for 25 coverages isn't the worst thing, but I had hoped for more impact out of a guy with that many forced turnovers.

4 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

He said you won't know if he should be one of the better safeties, because we have Season 16 come before the 2018 NFL season. So you are banking on a rookie starting two seasons after just one NFL year under his belt.

Keanu Neal had 106 tackles, 1 fumble recovery, 5 forced fumbles and 8 Pass Def his rookie season. Here's how he looked last year:

Keanu Neal [7 GS]: 39 tackles, 11 coverages.
Keanu Neal [16 GS]: 94 tackles, 23 coverages, 1 sack, 4 interceptions, 2 forced fumbles, 1 recovery, 1 touchdown.

Now for me you can make a case that I figured out my sliders to better accommodate my safeties, but his first season wasn't looking all that stellar and I pulled the plug on him early to keep him at 1 tag. The next season I felt that he'd have to sink or swim because he'd either be worth 2 tags after his second NFL season, or I'd move on from him. And he managed to look good. But that first season... I guess being on pace for 25 coverages isn't the worst thing, but I had hoped for more impact out of a guy with that many forced turnovers.

Time will tell! 

Just now, El ramster said:

Should have kept Joyner scrub.. Williams single handedly costed the saints the biggest game ever.

Eh. Joyner had two bad/average seasons before last year, he wouldn't have been great.

I also lol'ed when you drafted him so high considering I legit offered him for the highest bid. Could've landed him for a 10th.