Colts expected to hire Josh McDaniels as HC

RaidersAreOne

I wouldn’t want jay or Brandon Marshall on my team either so I don’t think that’s a nock on josh. Both guys are certified head cases I think that’s a positive he had the guts to move on.  Also if he trusts the owner saying luck will be back he’s brave. Luck even if “healthy”  I would be scared of his play style, the guy takes a lot of shots. 

Edited by 98Eddie

1 hour ago, 98Eddie said:

I wouldn’t want jay or Brandon Marshall on my team either so I don’t think that’s a nock on josh. Both guys are certified head cases I think that’s a positive he had the guts to move on.  Also if he trusts the owner saying luck will be back he’s brave. Luck even if “healthy”  I would be scared of his play style, the guy takes a lot of shots. 

Jay Cutler isn't even remotely a certified head case.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Jay Cutler isn't even remotely a certified head case.  

Jay never got better if anything he got worse and everyone lost faith because he looks like and acts like a quitter. He had so much talent but was so arrogant he never listened. Sounds certifiable to me

Edited by 98Eddie

12 minutes ago, 98Eddie said:

Jay never got better if anything he got worse and everyone lost faith because he looks like and acts like a quitter. He had so much talent but was so arrogant he never listened. Sounds certifiable to me

You don't know much about him or the situation.  He wasn't arrogant as a bear.  He wasn't a quitter as a bear.  You listen to too much Mark Schlereth.  When he was in Denver, yes, he had a few maturity issues and didn't handle the McDaniels situation well, though McDaniels didn't handle it well either.  He never got much better because he was cursed with 6 different offensive coordinators in 8 seasons, a poor supporting cast for the majority of his time, and the fact that chicago media will treat you like garbage if you don't' give them good sound bites.  His body language wasn't great, but the deck was stacked against him, he wasn't the one who caused the problems for the most part.  Yes it was time to move on when the Bears released him last season, but thats because our team was run terribly and ruined his chances for success, not the other way around.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

Doubt it.  Sure, he's matured some and won't be quite the insufferable jackwad he was in Denver, but I'm not confident he'll be a good long-term hire.

Everything I've heard about him for the last 5 or so years has been the opposite. He basically came back to New England humbled and Belichick told him "you failed" and that he would have to reevaluate where he went wrong and use this as an opportunity to get better. He's also put together imo the most versatile offense in the NFL since 2014 in their ability to adapt to different game plans and beat you multiple ways. The only thing I'd really worry about is defense. 

14 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

If he really chooses Colts over the Titans, it will tell me all I need to know about him. Bust city.

Luck > Mariota. 

Also he probably realizes he's going to be stuck with Mariota in Tennessee for the foreseeable future. While with Luck if after this injury he doesn't come back to his old standard of play, he'll have the chance to find his own QB. Also he has a much better relationship with the GM in Indy. He'll either have the better QB or get a QB he wants and he'll have a GM he can work with. Also Irsay can't fire a new regime right away after Pagano and Grigson stuck around so long. 

16 hours ago, kramxel said:

Insert "this gonna be good" gif.

Guy was absolutely atrocious in Denver, why would anyone think that he's HC material?

Peter principle at it's finest!

So? 

Belichick was 1-4 in winning seasons in Cleveland. Counting New England he had 1 winning season in his first 6 head coaching seasons. 

Tom Landry didn't even have a winning season his first 6 years in Dallas.

Noll didn't have a winning season his first 3 years in Pittsburgh

Point is 2 years that occured nearly 8 years ago is not anywhere near a reasonable indicator of what a coach might become. This league gives up on coaches too easily for instant gratification. Then a franchise "might" find a coach who gets hot for a year or two before they wallow in mediocrity forever and the franchise is on hold for a decade. 

5 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Luck > Mariota. 

Also he probably realizes he's going to be stuck with Mariota in Tennessee for the foreseeable future. While with Luck if after this injury he doesn't come back to his old standard of play, he'll have the chance to find his own QB. Also he has a much better relationship with the GM in Indy. He'll either have the better QB or get a QB he wants and he'll have a GM he can work with. Also Irsay can't fire a new regime right away after Pagano and Grigson stuck around so long. 

Umm...Luck got a $140 million contract not long ago...

Just now, Oregon Ducks said:

And if he's injured and can't play as well, changes will have to be made. And if he can play, McDaniels then got a superior QB to Mariota. 

Either he gets the best QB in his division or he's going to have an out to move on. Mariota's been average for over the course of 3 years and there's about a zero chance the Titans won't sign him long term.

11 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

They can actually get out from under contract as soon as after 2018. You give Luck 2018, see where he's at. If he's not where he needs to be, it's only a 12 million dead cap hit while freeing up 15 million in space. Given the Colts roster currently, that 12 million dead isn't the hardest thing to overcome. They have over 80 million of space this year, which is unlikely to be used to it's full extent I would have to imagine. That would give them roll over to 2019 to help account for the dead money (they also have other moves that they could make to free up space in 2019; trading Hilton is one thought, Sheard is unlikely to be worth his 8 million dollar hit that year, Hankins has an 8.5 million dollar hit with no dead money).