NFL News & Notes

Leader

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

This is far BUT, the fact nobody has contacted Lamar and actually sat down to see what he's asking for makes the comparison legitimate. 

Other quarterbacks are getting 50 a year now. Again, not saying Lamar should but he better than most of the quarterbacks in the league. I'm not a fan of running quarterbacks but think it's odd he's getting no love. 

This is where Packer Raymond jumps in and says they aren't negotiating with him because the Ravens will match. Then why don't they contact Baltimore and ask them what it might take to get Lamar? He clearly does not want to play in Baltimore any longer. 

But why would BAL engage in that conversation?  The Ravens have been (correctly) confident from the beginning that Lamar would get very little interest under the non-exclusive tag, and they would ultimately be able to get him signed at something close to their number.  Everything is playing out exactly how they want it to.

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

But why would BAL engage in that conversation?  The Ravens have been (correctly) confident from the beginning that Lamar would get very little interest under the non-exclusive tag, and they would ultimately be able to get him signed at something close to their number.  Everything is playing out exactly how they want it to.

Yeah, I just don't agree with this. I think Lamar is dug in and will play on the tag or sit out. I don't foresee him signing a long-term deal with the Ravens. I could see him sitting out games before signing his franchise tag. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Yeah, I just don't agree with this. I think Lamar is dug in and will play on the tag or sit out. I don't foresee him signing a long-term deal with the Ravens. I could see him sitting out games before signing his franchise tag. 

It doesn't change the fact that everything that has happened so far is exactly what the Ravens FO wants.  They believe they can get Lamar to sign, so they have no reason to change course right now.

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Russell Wilson is a locker room cancer, that didn't stop anybody. DeShaun Watson, enough said, that didn't stop anybody. 

Please name the 16 quarterbacks you are taking ahead of him. 

For the record, I'm not a fan of running quarterbacks but several people are fine with it. 

Allen, Burrow, Watson, Tua, Goff, Hurts, Lawrence, Herbert, Dak, Daniel Jones, Love, Fields, Stroud, Young, Richardson

There's 15 just on the field. Even more if you factor in contract value.

Lamar Jackson is going to tank any franchise unless he DRAMATICALLY reduces his asking price.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Allen, Burrow, Watson, Tua, Goff, Hurts, Lawrence, Herbert, Dak, Daniel Jones, Love, Fields, Stroud, Young, Richardson

There's 15 just on the field. Even more if you factor in contract value.

Lamar Jackson is going to tank any franchise unless he DRAMATICALLY reduces his asking price.

I'm not a fan of Jackson by any means, but that is a pretty crazy list to throw out saying you'd take any of them ahead of Jackson on the field.

• Like 3

Daniel Jones is just a worse Lamar Jackson at everything football and also overpaid.  Goff is the next andy Dalton/jon Kitna more of a borderline starter than good QB.  Fields is just a slower Lamar who can't throw albeit cheaper.

Lamar has been playing with a worse supporting cast than Mac Jones and he won the MVP unanimously.  Then he got banged up, and then this past season he got injured.  His knee was unstable and he could not play!  Things like that happen where the team gave a timetable but it wound up being wrong - guy didn't give up on his team he was injured.  Unsafe for him to play in the game.  Pretty open and shut for me.

Jackson is obviously among the best players in the NFL at any position, and a very underrated passer due to his insane rushing ability.  His best receiver in his career is Mark Andrews, a tight end who is far from an athletic specimen.  The only wideout who has had any kind of success in the league he's played with was Hollywood Brown - a guy who was great at dropping TDs at a MVS level rate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'm not a fan of Jackson by any means, but that is a pretty crazy list to throw out saying you'd take any of them ahead of Jackson on the field.

And yet Jackson ranks below average in ANY/A the last couple years despite being so good. 

He's a head case, we're seeing it clearly now. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team and NFL ownership obviously agrees. 

If you (not YOU, you, but anyone) thinks highly of Lamar Jackson, you should probably ask the question: why do literally no teams want him? Is it 31 teams that are wrong in their assessment or is it me?

16 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

And yet Jackson ranks below average in ANY/A the last couple years despite being so good. 

He's a head case, we're seeing it clearly now. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team and NFL ownership obviously agrees. 

If you (not YOU, you, but anyone) thinks highly of Lamar Jackson, you should probably ask the question: why do literally no teams want him? Is it 31 teams that are wrong in their assessment or is it me?

They don't want to pay him a guaranteed contract. They don't want to pay anyone other than maybe Mahomes a guaranteed contract. He'll get his money. He's a top moneymaker in the league.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He's a head case, we're seeing it clearly now.

you might be the only one on this island.  Dunno how he's a head case.  He might be a bad business person, a bad agent for himself, overplayed his hand.  But he's a head case?

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

you might be the only one on this island.  Dunno how he's a head case.  He might be a bad business person, a bad agent for himself, overplayed his hand.  But he's a head case?

Yeah, that must be it. I must be the only one in the world that sees issues with Lamar Jackson.

Come On Please GIF by NBA