NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

The new CBA will only give players more leverage. It will get worse not better. That's why you root for your team, not the individual anymore. Sure you root for them when they are on your team, but few players outside of the QB position will stay with one team for their career. 

Generally I side with the players on most disputes. This just really rubbed me the wrong way though. The way it was done , causing all this drama to get out of it, isn’t right . After a off season where he signed an extension with the team.

Just now, Scoremore said:

He should have been out of the league permanently after the crap he pulled.  So in my eyes he was rewarded.  If it wasn't a plot then he is truly crazy.  If that is the case good luck NE.

People are all over the place about this guy.

He doesnt actually want to play anymore.....

to

He wants to play....but only for the world champions....

so

He wrangles himself out of 21 guaranteed for a one year deal worth much less.

He "takes a knee" this year (as in gets injured.....) he'll be on the market next year as a 31y/o WR coming off a knee injury - with no team. No contract. No guarantees. Would you roll those "diabolical" dice?

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Dont see the logic. The guy "finagled" his way out of a 21M guaranteed deal into a 9M guaranteed deal and thats a reward?
I dont see the "grand plot" lines others do.

It may not be the smartest plan ( it wasn’t) but it definitely didn’t just fall into place.

My question is, what happens if NE can’t/doesn’t give him a long term deal after the year? Nobody else certainly is. 

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

Generally I side with the players on most disputes. This just really rubbed me the wrong way though. The way it was done , causing all this drama to get out of it, isn’t right . After a off season where he signed an extension with the team.

Is it really any different than LeVeon Bell holding out all year to get a trade and a new contract?

The Raiders screwed the pooch- they should have suspended his *** until he came around to their way of thinking.  They let the circus force the decision.  Belichick never lets the circus get going.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m hoping that the addition of Brown will keep teams focused on beating the Patriots defense instead of limiting Brady. Brady has not and will not win a Super Bowl without a top ten scoring defense.

We havent been to the SB in a dogs age. I wont begrudge NE for getting to (and winning) multiple ones in the interim.
If anything - I wish their comp in the AFCLeast was tougher - but thats not their fault. They just kick their *** and move on.

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It may not be the smartest plan ( it wasn’t) but it definitely didn’t just fall into place.

Neither of us have any evidence it was planned like this. None.

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

My question is, what happens if NE can’t/doesn’t give him a long term deal after the year? Nobody else certainly is. 

I couldnt care less. For either the organization or the player. He stays healthy and doesnt murder somebody - some team will make him an offer.

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Is it really any different than LeVeon Bell holding out all year to get a trade and a new contract?

The Raiders screwed the pooch- they should have suspended his *** until he came around to their way of thinking.  They let the circus force the decision.  Belichick never lets the circus get going.

For starters Bell never signed the one-year deal at the teams/CBA designation. He played that way one year and said no more. He gave up a year of his career to get what he thought was just. Brown and his agent negotiated a deal with additional guaranteed money. There is really no comparison in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

He actively maneuvered his way out of Oakland using extreme actions and was signed by NE hours after he was released. Tampering absolutely happened, but even if it didn't these actions alone are reprehensible.

Again: Neither of us have any evidence it was planned like this. None.

OAK held the cards in this deal. They didnt have to suspend/release him. AB couldnt count on them doing that.
He's been a pain in the *** - so have a lot of players before him that the teams didnt cut loose.

• Like 1

kinda crazy in historical terms, the Raiders used to be the team that took on all of the misfits that other teams cast aside
Both Al Davis and John Madden were happy to grab those unorthodox players -  and it generally worked out well
BB is a student of the game and he likely learned stole a few tricks from The Godfather

Just win, baby

78f76c0d63dc447997e2e1c02de9f224.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Local news just said Brown won't be eligible to play tomorrow- are they waiting to officially sign him until Monday?

Rosters for Sunday games are locked on Saturday because the league office closes, so no transactions can be processed till Monday

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

Neither of us have any evidence it was planned like this. None.

I couldnt care less. For either the organization or the player. He stays healthy and doesnt murder somebody - some team will make him an offer.

I don’t have to smell s*** to know it smells bad. If you do, that’s your issue. 

• Like 2