NFL News & Notes

Leader

6 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think colleges know who Urban Meyer is more than the NFL did.  If you're not going to supply him with elite talent, it's not worth the headache.  He's not a program builder, but he is a bully and a control freak.

I think he can recruit. He's still an ******* though. 

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Florio is a puss but I agree here. It's time. 

I mean, if you agree with Florio you know you are wrong.

Asymtopatic people can still spread the virus. And although initial knowledge on the Omicron variant seems to indicate it's evolved into a primarily respiratory virus that causes less severe sympthoms, there's not enough evidence yet to be sure about it (we will know in a couple months). 99% of the data out there is from preprints that have not been reviewed yet. It's malpractice to take that data as the truth.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Florio is a puss but I agree here. It's time. 

I'm seeing a change in our school district with the way they are handling this as well. I guess what they are saying is it's time to get back to life as we used to know it. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, VonKarman said:

I mean, if you agree with Florio you know you are wrong.

Asymtopatic people can still spread the virus. And although initial knowledge on the Omicron variant seems to indicate it's evolved into a primarily respiratory virus that causes less severe sympthoms, there's not enough evidence yet to be sure about it (we will know in a couple months). 99% of the data out there is from preprints that have not been reviewed yet. It's malpractice to take that data as the truth.

Isn't this exactly what the NFL has started to do this week? 

Albert Breer -   The NFL and NFLPA are working to finalize an overhaul to their COVID-19 testing.
Likely, as part of that.....

• No change for unvaccinated guys (Daily testing).

• Those vaccinated AND asymptomatic only subject to spot testing.

• Vaccinated with symptoms get tested.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Albert Breer -   The NFL and NFLPA are working to finalize an overhaul to their COVID-19 testing.
Likely, as part of that.....

• No change for unvaccinated guys (Daily testing).

• Those vaccinated AND asymptomatic only subject to spot testing.

• Vaccinated with symptoms get tested.

They have decided to treat it like the flu.  Should be interesting and maybe better.  Rather than vaccinate, just let everybody take their turn getting it and see what happens.

Michael Silver -    So when we say 'asymptomatic,' we're relying on NFL players--who obviously want to play, a lot--to declare whether they have symptoms? Got it. Good plan.

///

It's a dumb plan in fact but the NFL has boxed itself in. With the 17 week schedule, they have less wiggle room to move games around.