Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

Shame that he left. What was it, a million in international money?

With the players that they have been drafting/signing, I'm not surprised that he was moved.

In Twins news, they of course are now doing decently again after trading away so many pieces. I should be surprised but I'm not. This is basically the range that I expect them to stay in for the rest of the season. Between 4 to 8 games below .500. I hope that we really get to see some of the younger players up and doing things. At least we're getting that with the pitching anyways.

Zylstra wrapped up an excellent career at Concordia in the fall of 2015 and became a star receiver for the Edmonton Eskimos in the CFL. He’s now competing with a deep group of candidates to be the fourth or fifth wide receiver for the Vikings.

Jim Cella, Concordia’s sports information director, was at Thursday’s Vikings practice. I talked with him later and asked a familiar question:

“Remind me … what’s the source of Cobbers?’’

The information Cella sent along included the fact that Vikings was nominated as a nickname in the 1920s, but was rejected by students. Maybe they had a premonition about Super Bowls and defeat.

Concordia grew in the 1890s in the middle of corn fields and rival schools called its students “corncobs’’ — and Cobbers became the official nickname in 1932.

http://www.startribune.com/storied-moorhead-football-program-has-another-taking-his-shot-at-nfl/490613531/

Twins haven't really dropped after the moves. I mean, that's about where I thought they would be after the moves, because they do have some talent, I feel like it makes the moves look a lot better, because they have gotten a few more prospects for the system with these moves.

2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Twins haven't really dropped after the moves. I mean, that's about where I thought they would be after the moves, because they do have some talent, I feel like it makes the moves look a lot better, because they have gotten a few more prospects for the system with these moves.

Helpful when the new second basement is hitting like .380 compared to Dozier’s .210 and clutched up with a two run single to take the lead over the Pirates. 

Nice to see Forscythe bounce back after a terrible time in LA. 

3 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Helpful when the new second basement is hitting like .380 compared to Dozier’s .210 and clutched up with a two run single to take the lead over the Pirates. 

Nice to see Forscythe bounce back after a terrible time in LA. 

Yeah, he is going to get a contract, not with the Twins, but somewhere.

Dozier has also been doing decently well with LA, though had some issues medically as of late. Abnormal EKG apparently. 3 HR's, 12 RBI's, and .255 BA for Dozier thus far in LA.