Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

When the parents of potential NBA draftees are former (or current) players themselves, they never want to come to Minnesota...that's a known fact.  It's happened multiple times (I don't believe it was only Steph Curry). 

21 minutes ago, swede700 said:

When the parents of potential NBA draftees are former (or current) players themselves, they never want to come to Minnesota...that's a known fact.  It's happened multiple times (I don't believe it was only Steph Curry). 

This doesn't seem like a comparable situation. Bronny isn't a top prospect, he's just trying to get a shot in the league, and the Wolves are actually good.

21 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Is bringing in a 40 year old LeBron even worth it? Just seems like a good way to create a circus. 

Lebron seems like he's still an impactful player. He misses a lot of games, but for a team that's looking to find a way to put themselves over the top, I definitely think he's worth it.

I do think the whole scenario is super unlikely, but I would be for it if it were to happen.

Just now, Worm Guts said:

This doesn't seem like a comparable situation. Bronny isn't a top prospect, he's just trying to get a shot in the league, and the Wolves are actually good.

I said draftee...that doesn't mean they need to be a top prospect....but it just seems that anytime a NBA father gets involved, he says "you don't want to go there."  Curry, Ball, James...I'm sure there's someone else I'm missing.   

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I said draftee...that doesn't mean they need to be a top prospect....but it just seems that anytime a NBA father gets involved, he says "you don't want to go there."  Curry, Ball, James...I'm sure there's someone else I'm missing.   

It's not a comparable situation though if it's not a top prospect. You're comparing players who would be coveted by most teams to one who really doesn't even deserve to be drafted. You're comparing players who have legitimate options to one that is essentially riding his dad's coattails. There's never been a comparable situation.

Edited by Worm Guts

8 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

It's not a comparable situation though if it's not a top prospect.

I disagree.  IMO, it doesn't matter whether the guy is draftable or not. It's not about comparing the individual players and their talent level. It's simply a point of not wanting to go there.  That's all it is.   

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

I disagree.  IMO, it doesn't matter whether the guy is draftable or not. It's not about comparing the individual players and their talent level. It's simply a point of not wanting to go there.  That's all it is.   

It's really more about if Lebron wants to come here than if Bronny wants to come here, which is what makes it different. The biggest difference though is that the Wolves are coming off a season where they made the WCF and not one where they were in the lottery.  

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

I guess I don’t see Lebron putting this team over the top. Almost certainly means that KAT has to go. How do Lebron and ANT coexist? Just seems like a poor fit all around. 

Why does it mean KAT has to go? I wouldn’t be willing to move major pieces around for the sake of bringing in 40 year old Lebron, but if he’s willing to come in for whatever exception we have to offer, I think we’d be fools not to take that chance.

1 hour ago, Worm Guts said:

Why does it mean KAT has to go? I wouldn’t be willing to move major pieces around for the sake of bringing in 40 year old Lebron, but if he’s willing to come in for whatever exception we have to offer, I think we’d be fools not to take that chance.

Because of the salary implications. The Wolves are already in luxury tax territory. If Lebron is coming in, salary has to go out somewhere.