Robbie Anderson Arrested...Again

KingOfNewYork

41 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

You are the guy who picked him, all kidding aside what is wrong with all these NFL players getting into trouble all the time? THIS CHARGE 

I'd actually like to see a chart comparing now to say the 90s to see if players actually do get in more trouble now. I do think there are certain situations now that are not swept under the rug as easily, this potentially being one of those cases.

If Macc doesn't remove him, I hope ASJ becomes a big brother to him.

It really depends on how the other guys in the locker room feel about him. If he's a problem there, he'll probably be replaced. If he's loved, Macc probably won't because of his contract. There are some interesting names in FA/Trade pool.

For the big name options, I'd like Robinson, but I think we'll go for Landry. I'm willing to bet if the contract numbers match, he would love playing in New York with Odell (They treat each other like bothers) and sticking it to Miami. I can see Moncrief being in play if Enunwa's health is an issue.

You all know I hate mock drafts, but in this case I will take a shot. After Anderson goes on the WAIVER WIRE.

ROUND ONE  Calvin Ridley Alabama  WR

ROUND TWO Courtland Sutton SMU  WR

ROUND TWO Equanimeous Brown ND WR

ROUND THREE Josh Rosen  QB  UCLA

I guess now we all known why Rob Anderson was not drafted by any of the other 31 teams in the NFL.

39 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

I'd actually like to see a chart comparing now to say the 90s to see if players actually do get in more trouble now. I do think there are certain situations now that are not swept under the rug as easily, this potentially being one of those cases.

Very true it is not only football, baseball, basketball, Hollywood stars for years have been in all kinds of serious trouble, that has been covered up by studio big wigs or GM's in sports.  Look at some of the big problems colleges are having with some of those gangsters they bring in as recruits.

48 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

You all know I hate mock drafts, but in this case I will take a shot. After Anderson goes on the WAIVER WIRE.

I guess now we all known why Rob Anderson was not drafted by any of the other 31 teams in the NFL.

Listen man I think you need to be doing more when you hear Robby is coming down to Florida. As our Florida resident you need to be keeping him in check ☺️

52 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Did you just have a potential #1 QB going in the third? Plus, dude, this thread about Anderson.

If the comments Anderson made are true, he has to go.

A good portion of the Jet's fan base are police/fire/first responders and will not tolerate his presence. That's why the speculation over Kapernick  never had a chance here. These are the people who attend the games. It is what it is.

Tbh I don't think we will move on from him, this isn't the same as the Richardson situation as there was a firearm and a child involved in his case as well as he ended up being a bad egg in the locker room(I.e. His open feud with BMarsh) which Anderson hasn't shown. Not to take away from what he did was wrong and he should see some sort of suspension but I don't think it's a good idea to move on from a young and upcoming WR when we're in the position that we are.

3 hours ago, Harris Smith said:

If the comments Anderson made are true, he has to go.

A good portion of the Jet's fan base are police/fire/first responders and will not tolerate his presence. That's why the speculation over Kapernick  never had a chance here. These are the people who attend the games. It is what it is.

I think they let the legal system do it's work and cut him if anything sticks. Chances are we won't know the outcome of this until 2019 when he's in the final year of his cheap deals. I don't believe we resign him though. 

Considering this wasn't his first infraction, the strikes are stating build up on him. The football player, Anderson is awesome. He can blow the top off of a defense, but man we can't trust him in the offseason. Makes me wonder if we'd actually ramp it up for Allen Robinson, bringing in a QB FA with a potential #1 WR could be an enticing offer. It would be a little concerning relying on Robinson and Enunwa both coming off injuries.

6 hours ago, xenajets said:

Listen man I think you need to be doing more when you hear Robby is coming down to Florida. As our Florida resident you need to be keeping him in check ☺️

LOL.I have my hands full just watching Callaway. from the Florida Gators. Callaway is probably the best WR in the entire country, he is so much trouble I don't think any team will take a shot at him.

• 2 weeks later...

Anderson needs to learn his lesson. That doesn’t mean his life should be ruined due to his maturity issues. At least not yet. 

I think it's probable that the courts give him community service that he’ll have to complete there in Florida. The NFL should suspend him about four games and he should be let known by the Jets, under no uncertain terms, that if there is another transgression he will be potentially out of the league and out of a career and potentially millions of dollars. 

There’s a way to try to help him mature without wrecking his life. 

He's a talented WR.  

Admittedly, I'm probably higher on Robby Anderson than I should be. I watched this video mid season, along with watching him on the field and I was really impressed. I'm disappointed with his terrible decisions in Florida off the field. But darn it, he wants to play football and it shows in this video.

Before his academic suspension at Temple, people were talking about him as a 1st or 2nd round pick. He ran a 4.34 40 yard dash at his pro day. Chad Johnson says he has tools you can't teach and mentored him to maximize his receiving potential. 3 TD's in the preseason as a rookie. Solid rookie year for an undrafted player. Put up a great second year as a pro. 

I feel like if he can pull his head out of his rear, he can be a high end WR. On the flip side, it wouldn't be the first time that we saw a player not reach their NFL potential because their off field issues just make it not worth it for an NFL team. So, at BEST, he'll be on a tight leash from now on and serve a suspension. At worst, he'll be out of the league next year and nobody touches him.

This video shows what he came from and why he has some maturity to go through.  Hopefully for both he and the Jets, that can happen soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdWwx3pdGeE

Archived