Positional Analysis: WR

WindyCity

39 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'll give Landry this: he runs like an angry SOB and he's tough to bring down after the catch... it's a blast to watch. He's got great hands and can make catches in traffic as well... but our offense is lacking speed, badly. He doesn't offer that, he brings headaches, and he wants $$$.

That doesn't do it for me... now if he was a legit 4.30 dude? I'd be salivating, attitude and all.

They also lack durability and consistent production.

Probably even more than speed.

9 hours ago, Damikeeeee said:

I'd take a blue chip square peg in a round hole over a lesser talent (As a WR not as an athlete)

If Landry was truly a blue chip 25-year old WR why would Miami, a team purporting itself to be one on the come, be willing to allow him to hit FA and be willing to potentially lose him for nothing more than a future comp pick? 2018 is a big year for Gase and a bigger one for Tannehill too. 

20 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

If Landry was truly a blue chip 25-year old WR why would Miami, a team purporting itself to be one on the come, be willing to allow him to hit FA and be willing to potentially lose him for nothing more than a future comp pick? 2018 is a big year for Gase and a bigger one for Tannehill too. 

There cap is hot garbage a total mess with a backloaded Suh deal sitting there like a nuke.

Chad Forbes

Told on #Bears pursuit of Allen Robinson not to underestimate recruiting pitch new RBs Coach Charles London will offer. Expected to add multiple WRs and considered front runners for highly coveted FA Trey Burton.

Source isn’t great, but this would make me super happy.

53 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If the Bears landed Allen Robinson and Trey Burton, someone get me a towel and a cigarette.

Seriously. Dude is 6'2.5", 220 lbs, runs a 4.47 dash and a freaking 6.54 cone! AT THAT SIZE!?

I don't care about the ACL, if JAX doesn't tag him you go after him with all you've got. Dude's what, 24 years old? Sweet Jesus... I need a cold shower.

Looking into this further, we need Blake Bortles' wrist surgery to heal as slowly as possible. His 5th year of his contract becomes guaranteed in case of injury if he's still on the roster as of March 16th. As it stands, JAX has roughly $16 million in cap space.

21 minutes ago, G08 said:

Looking into this further, we need Blake Bortles' wrist surgery to heal as slowly as possible. His 5th year of his contract becomes guaranteed in case of injury if he's still on the roster as of March 16th. As it stands, JAX has roughly $16 million in cap space.

It would help if he healed slowly.

But if they release Bortles what are they going to find that is cheaper? Bad QBs get paid 15/season, we know that personally.

They are too low to draft someone.

I think they have to keep him regardless.

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It would help if he healed slowly.

But if they release Bortles what are they going to find that is cheaper? Bad QBs get paid 15/season, we know that personally.

They are too low to draft someone.

I think they have to keep him regardless.

Let's take it a step further... suppose they do have enough money around to tag Robinson, do they actually do that for a dude coming off a torn ACL?

8 hours ago, G08 said:

Let's take it a step further... suppose they do have enough money around to tag Robinson, do they actually do that for a dude coming off a torn ACL?

Under this premise we are going to be paying him enough to take him away from Jax.

What I would like to do is sign him for 1 year 14 million with a 4 year 56 million dollar option.

If he plays 15 games or has 1000 yards the option automatically gets picked up.

Archived