TCMD Discussion!!

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, DTMW78 said:

Not saying OL is not important.

Tackle in the top 5 is fine by me, guard not so much.

I wanna see my top 5 pick be a difference maker on the field.

Nelson is a solid pick no doubt, but given the choice I would have taken Barkley.

In the past I'd say that tackle was the only offensive position to go that high, but teams are valuing guards much higher than they did in the past and for good reason.

Look what Brandon has done in Washington or Zach Martin in Dallas and Nelson with the Giants...ha.

Barkley regardless his talent would be average behind the giants offensive line.

3 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

I think the Cardinals would have a Super Bowl if we had drafted Adrian Peterson over Levi Brown

I'm not commenting on the Nelson pick here, but passing on Peterson irl was a big mistake by the Cards. Not that I'm complaining, of course, AD is one of my all-time favorite Vikings (perhaps my favorite).

2 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Quenton Nelson is a difference maker. Guards are as important as tackles and Quenton Nelson should be among the best in the NFL from day 1.

Again, I don't disagree on Nelson being good, and guards being an important position on the field.

Just not top 3 important imo.

The same could be said about Barkley.

2 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

So was Trent Richardson

Basically all I'm saying is that they could be missing out on the next big thing in Barkley. Not saying at all that Nelson isn't a good pick, he is, but I just think Barkley is going to be more impactful throughout his career. 

1 minute ago, IDOG_det said:
3 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Levi was seen as a pretty sure thing coming into his draft class. 

So was Trent Richardson

Ki-Jana Carter and Reggie Bush were other RB's that popped into my head when considering Barkley but the value was too good for me at that point & I had already picked my QB.  When it comes to the draft, there really are no guarantees.  For me, I'm hoping that Barkley is more Marshall Faulk then Trent Richardson/Ki-Jana Carter/Reggie Bush.

Peace!!!

2 minutes ago, davidderion said:

We have a pick in every round except for 2nd ?

My apologies, so you gave up a 1st next year, a 2nd this year, and 2 5ths for a guy to sit behind Ben, who could still play for a couple more years. I still don't like the move for Pittsburgh, just my opinion though.

I do like that you probably snagged Baker from Miami. 

2 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Basically all I'm saying is that they could be missing out on the next big thing in Barkley. Not saying at all that Nelson isn't a good pick, he is, but I just think Barkley is going to be more impactful throughout his career. 

I wouldn't of had any issues drafting Barkley at 3 IF I had a better younger offensive line.  Nelson helps where the team struggled the most over the past few years.  Where Barkley would likely end up on IR because of the beating he would of taken trying to create his own running lanes.

Nelson fits my needs and while some would disagree, he's the best offensive lineman in this draft making the value at 3 worth it.

Archived