TCMD Discussion!!

EaglesPeteC

10 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Let me toss this at you guys.

Evan Engram, think he could play wideout, not to stretch the field but as a compliment to Odell?

You hear most analyst saying he's a wideout disguised as a tight end.  

He clearly has the speed and height.  His weight I'm sure effects his quickness but I think he could be a solid player in the right situation.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/simulcam/0ap3000000790107/Simulcam-Engram-vs-Hopkins-vs-Green

Making that transition is not very simple, though. He does have the measurable, yes, but one thing I think people tend to overlook is that it makes a difference having grown up playing the game facing physical CBs regularly. At TE, he almost never sees those players directly across from him. Playing WR is not at all just about running and catching, it's also significantly about winning the hands battle at the line of scrimmage, breaking clean in and out of routes, selling routes on the perimeter, the list goes on. It's part of the reason why I'm not a fan of position switches almost ever in mocks. There's a reason it happens as rarely as it does in real life. Plus Engram is already an above average TE.

3 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Who'd be your TE? Jimmy Graham or Eifert someone like that? If so then sure I could see Eifert/Graham at TE and Engram/Odell out wide and Shepard in the slot. If you don't have that stud TE though, I think Engram moving is not an upgrade.

As it stands Rhett Ellison.  Definitely something to think about as upgrading TE would be much cheaper but fewer number of talent at that position.

I'm good with him at TE but when I watch his tape, I see a bulky wideout.

6 minutes ago, PurpleMugen said:

Making that transition is not very simple, though. He does have the measurable, yes, but one thing I think people tend to overlook is that it makes a difference having grown up playing the game facing physical CBs regularly. At TE, he almost never sees those players directly across from him. Playing WR is not at all just about running and catching, it's also significantly about winning the hands battle at the line of scrimmage, breaking clean in and out of routes, selling routes on the perimeter, the list goes on. It's part of the reason why I'm not a fan of position switches almost ever in mocks. There's a reason it happens as rarely as it does in real life. Plus Engram is already an above average TE.

True, but with the giants and all the injuries at receiver, he's played wide, slot, and inside already.  Guy lines up everywhere.

1 minute ago, Cbrunn said:

It seems I may be taking over the redskins, if anybody interests you message me, karrigan is the only untouchable at this moment 

Few guys on trade blocks that I'm interested in but can't send any more messages today 

did @USC_Fan get you access to the workbooks?

1 minute ago, Cbrunn said:

It seems I may be taking over the redskins, if anybody interests you message me, karrigan is the only untouchable at this moment 

Few guys on trade blocks that I'm interested in but can't send any more messages today 

I’m talking trades with the gym at mo. Are you sure? @USC_Fan

4 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

did @USC_Fan get you access to the workbooks?

Na, I was just waiting haven't heard from him, figured I'd just try to start some trade talks... If it doesn't happen then guess I'll continue to AGM with you 

My bad for maybe being premature, just figured if I was starting late might as well not waste the whole day 

35 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Let me toss this at you guys.

Evan Engram, think he could play wideout, not to stretch the field but as a compliment to Odell?

You hear most analyst saying he's a wideout disguised as a tight end.  

He clearly has the speed and height.  His weight I'm sure effects his quickness but I think he could be a solid player in the right situation.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/simulcam/0ap3000000790107/Simulcam-Engram-vs-Hopkins-vs-Green

Sure. I’m not sure you want to limit him to one spot though, call him whatever but he should be lining up in multiple spots to create mismatches.  Just upgrade the #2 spot and use him as a flex on offense similar to Kelce in KC, I think he had that type of skill set

1 minute ago, samsel23 said:

Sure. I’m not sure you want to limit him to one spot though, call him whatever but he should be lining up in multiple spots to create mismatches.  Just upgrade the #2 spot and use him as a flex on offense similar to Kelce in KC, I think he had that type of skill set

Good comparison. ? 

Archived