TCMD Discussion!!

EaglesPeteC

6 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

All love... I said it before and I will say it again.... I really thought I was going to get outbid on Solder (in terms of SB $$$0

No worries.  I made Tony Jefferson and Micah Hyde the top paid safeties in the league last year.

Sometimes you just want guys

Just now, samsel23 said:

No worries.  I made Tony Jefferson and Micah Hyde the top paid safeties in the league last year.

Sometimes you just want guys

I wanted (told myself I had to have) two players in free agency: Solder & Fuller.

All I have is FA $$$. No 1st or 2nd round picks.

5 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

I really hope this can get fixed, abusing the system like that is not realistic nor is it fair to all the work Mike put into this.

There needs to be more influence on how back loading contracts will affect the future year pool of money.  All or some of the SB and other roster/workout bonus should be reducing the 2019 pool of available cap space.  

IMO, Net Present Value is not the answer for awarding players.  It still weighs the total contract too much vs when the team can cut the player to get out of the ridiculous base salaries in the last few years of the deal.  

16 minutes ago, winitall said:

I am kinda curious how offer a guy a final year at $63 million just to drive up the contract amount isn’t considered ‘gaming the system’ under the guidelines of the mock.

Even if you throw out that last year ($63M), nobody offered $60M guaranteed to Solder (which is what Texans offered).  The contracts reward guaranteed $$$.  I don't think anyone else came close to offering Solder $60M guaranteed.

2 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Even if you throw out that last year ($63M), nobody offered $60M guaranteed to Solder (which is what Texans offered).  The contracts reward guaranteed $$$.  I don't think anyone else came close to offering Solder $60M guaranteed.

I think he was referring to the Bell contract. I don't see anything wrong with over paying people like you did. It's your mock your strategy, nothing wrong with that. But Bell to the Patriots over a million in total due to a back-loaded deal seems like gaming the system. But I am just the rookie here, so I may be talking out of my ***. 

Good morning guys.

So let me run this by you guys and let me know if you think this would resolve the issue.

Option 1....Roster bonuses and W/O bonuses are protected cells so you couldn't use them in making a contract.  Making the base salary and signing bonus the only two you can alter.

Option 2...Roster and WO bonuses combined cannot exceed the base salary for each year of the contract.

Option 1 would definitely resolve the loophole but limits flexibility in creating the contract.

Let me know what you guys think or if you have another option.

2 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Option 2...Roster and WO bonuses combined cannot exceed the base salary for each year of the contract.

I like this option.  If you have cap space and want to use it, more power to you.

Also... my apologies for creating extra work for you Mike.

It was why I was PMing yesterday to understand how I could offer more guaranteed $$$ to prospective free agents.

I re-read the rules over and over and was playing with contract structures in Excel right up until the deadline.

(To be honest, I like either option... so whatever works for you primarily)

4 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Good morning guys.

So let me run this by you guys and let me know if you think this would resolve the issue.

Option 1....Roster bonuses and W/O bonuses are protected cells so you couldn't use them in making a contract.  Making the base salary and signing bonus the only two you can alter.

Option 1 would definitely resolve the loophole but limits flexibility in creating the contract.

Let me know what you guys think or if you have another option.

How about a scoring system? Like we have value for the trades we should have a value for a contract. That way contracts with guaranteed money are worth more and back loaded deals are worth less that front loaded. 

Might be too much work to create another algorithm for this year but I feel like it would be a fair solution. 

1 minute ago, Fragafootball said:

How about a scoring system? Like we have value for the trades we should have a value for a contract. That way contracts with guaranteed money are worth more and back loaded deals are worth less that front loaded. 

Might be too much work to create another algorithm for this year but I feel like it would be a fair solution. 

It's too late in the game to change the formula, right now I'm just looking for a fairly easy patch.

The formula already puts more weight into front loaded, more guaranteed SB, as well as providing the contract length that the player is requesting.

4 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

I like this option.  If you have cap space and want to use it, more power to you.

Also... my apologies for creating extra work for you Mike.

It was why I was PMing yesterday to understand how I could offer more guaranteed $$$ to prospective free agents.

I re-read the rules over and over and was playing with contract structures in Excel right up until the deadline.

(To be honest, I like either option... so whatever works for you primarily)

Don't apologize, it's a loophole that's all.  

If you wouldn't mind, could you see if this option would prevent the type of contract you created?  

Thanks man. 

Just now, ny92jefferis said:

Don't apologize, it's a loophole that's all.  

If you wouldn't mind, could you see if this option would prevent the type of contract you created?  

Thanks man. 

I am prepping for a class  right now... will try after.  So around 1:30 PM EST

39 minutes ago, winitall said:

I am kinda curious how offer a guy a final year at $63 million just to drive up the contract amount isn’t considered ‘gaming the system’ under the guidelines of the mock.

We talked about making the contract lengths not to exceed more than 5 years prior to the start and didn't, now I wish we had, it would of curved those massive final contract year.

Archived