Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

LT: CHRISTIAN DARRISAW, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

Second team: Kolton Miller, Las Vegas Raiders

The 2021 first-round draft pick is following up a standout 2022 campaign with an equally impressive 2023. He missed this past week due to injury, but he has allowed just 13 total pressures from 304 pass-blocking snaps this season.

Only Viking to make the list (Well, JJ did make the second team at WR, which is kind of interesting considering he missed half of the first half). 

• Like 1

On 10/29/2023 at 7:17 AM, vike daddy said:

The Minnesota Vikings 2024 regular-season schedule will be determined by an NFL formula that will be in its fourth season since the league expanded to 17 games.

Vikings Home Opponents:

NFC North: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions and Green Bay Packers
NFC West: Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers
AC South: Houston Texans and Indianapolis Colts
NFC South and AFC East teams that finish in the corresponding divisional place as the Vikings

Vikings Road Opponents:

NFC North: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions and Green Bay Packers
NFC West: Los Angeles Rams and Seattle Seahawks
AC South: Jacksonville Jaguars and Tennessee Titans
NFC East team that finishes in the corresponding divisional place as the Vikings

Vikings.com

A few days ago my wife and I talked about going to Seattle next year since she wants to see the Needle (I was married to my ex when I lived in Seattle) so I told her that the Vikings were playing there next year.  Once the schedule comes out in April, I'm hoping to line up that trip so I can make the return to what's now Lumen Field 22 yrs after I witnessed the Shaun Alexander debacle on Sunday Night Football. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

is Tanner Morgan a Carr-esque kind of player? running the scout team this week?

Tanner Morgan is a me-esque player that will help no one if we're being honest.

He'll probably play the Taysom Hill role this week.

Edited by JDBrocks
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

A few days ago my wife and I talked about going to Seattle next year since she wants to see the Needle 

i've been traveling and living in and out of the Pacific NW for 50 years now, and just went up in the Needle for the first time in 2021. it was a Covid year so the place, and the city streets, were empty.

have you been to the Chihuli art exhibit right next door? fantastic stuff!

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i've been traveling and living in and out of the Pacific NW for 50 years now, and just went up in the Needle for the first time in 2021. it was a Covid year so the place, and the city streets, were empty.

have you been to the Chihuli art exhibit right next door? fantastic stuff!

I did not, as it was built long after I left.  I'll make sure to put it on the list.  I also have to go to Pike Place Market...lived there for 5 years and never went.  🤣

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I did not, as it was built long after I left.  I'll make sure to put it on the list.  I also have to go to Pike Place Market...lived there for 5 years and never went.  🤣

the Market is fun, you bet, and everyone should go there. the original hole in the wall Starbucks shop is across the street if wifey likes coffee and coffee history.

but the Chihuli art collection... it's top of the world kind of stuff. blown glass, incredibly artistic....

https://www.chihulygardenandglass.com/

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

but the Chihuli art collection... it's top of the world kind of stuff. blown glass, incredibly artistic....

https://www.chihulygardenandglass.com/

@swede700

Dale Chihuli was an architecture student before becoming a glass blowing artist, and was always fascinated with late 1800's glass conservatory buildings. so next to his facility is a conservatory as part of the exhibit with this enormous vine-like piece. 

if you lay with your back on the floor and look up, the effect is it intentionally twines itself around the Needle next door.

Chihuli.jpg

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1