(Polls) John Dorsey, Darnold Vs. Mayfield, & the Case of Mahomes

Mind Character

Does Dorsey prefer Baker Mayfield or Sam Darnold?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Does Dorsey prefer Baker Mayfield or Sam Darnold?

2. 2. For some of us, personal QB rankings have changed.So, at this point, who do you prefer at QB?

• Josh Rosen
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Sam Darnold
    • Josh Allen
    • Lamar Jackson
  3. 3. If we sign Kirk Cousins, should we still draft a QB at 1?

• No. You have to go all in on Cousins. Use the 1st and 4th pick on surrounding him with talent
    • No. Take BPA at 1 and use the 4th pick on a QB
    • Yes. You have to take a QB1, Cousins is 30 years old and could regress or get injured?

3 hours ago, DawgX said:

I prefer Darnold or Rosen, but I'm a big fan of Mayfield too. I could live with him at #1. As long as Dorsey doesn't select Allen.

I don't know why, but I think he's definitely in the running...like, there's a realistic shot at him being the pick type running I mean. I think there's a better chance that you go Allen 1 then I do Rosen. Nothing to support that, of course. Just my own thinking

47 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Oh, so you think the Browns should be the first team in NFL history to bench the 1st overall pick for multiple years with the worst and talent depleted roster in NFL history?

Brilliant....thats a sure way to success.

Who said anything about multiple years? I’ve gone on record for saying they should draft Darnold at 1, start a bet this year while he sits, trade or release the vet and start Darnold in 2019.

It’s worked before. 

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Agree with this.

Think the purpose of the rest of your post is to make us feel bad.

Darnold @ #1 and no looking back.

Not in the least. Im also possibly the biggest Allen supporter on this site (though admittedly slightly down on him following this year), so I would not see it as a bad thing necessarily anyway. And I don't think there's a greater chance of Allen over Darnold yet (not sure about Mayfield), just definitely over Rosen and that there is at least a realistic chance he's the pick

52 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Oh, so you think the Browns should be the first team in NFL history to bench the 1st overall pick for multiple years with the worst and talent depleted roster in NFL history?

1. That scenario assumes that we are stupid enough to pick up anything other than a vet QB who is possibly more than a bridge to the 1st overall pick.

If we were to do something stupid (Cousins), that scenario might unfold.

If we are less stupid (Smith),"(W) it could but probably won't.

2. "(W)orst and talent depleted roster in NFL history?

Sorry, but you just lost all credibility, man.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I wouldn't say we're the most talent depleted team in the league right now, let alone in history.

It's far from a guarantee that we'll trade for Smith anyway, and even if we did, he may only start for a year or two. Similar to when Cincinnati drafted Palmer 1st overall yet Kitna started his first year.

1 minute ago, pnies20 said:

mayfield is 6'0 and Darnold/Allen both have greater tools/upside. 

Just to reiterate, were NOT going to take Mayfield at 1. 

You very well could be right, but I couldn't care less about his height.

34 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I do. It's too much risk at #1.

QBs like Brees and Wilson have shown that height isn't necessarily that important. Sure, it'd be nice if Mayfield were two or three inches taller, but that's the least of my concerns.

3 minutes ago, DawgX said:

QBs like Brees and Wilson have shown that height isn't necessarily that important. Sure, it'd be nice if Mayfield were two or three inches taller, but that's the least of my concerns.

They've shown that it's possible to play QB at under 6'1 and be successful.  Fact is they're outliers.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Who said anything about multiple years? I’ve gone on record for saying they should draft Darnold at 1, start a bet this year while he sits, trade or release the vet and start Darnold in 2019.

It’s worked before. 

And Im the person saying that you dont give up a 2nd round pick + change for a 1 year stop gap in Alex Smith, because thats what it will cost. 

So just so that we are on the same page, you are willing to give up a 2nd + change for a 1 year rental of Alex Smith and draft Darnold #1 overall?

Archived