Landry vs Robinson or?

Pandomonium

who should we go after for our #1 WR this offeseason  

7 members have voted

1. 1. who should be our #1 WR?

• Jarvis Landry
    • Allen Robinson
    • We don't need another WR, Our receiving corps are just fine.
    • We need a true #1 but we should draft one (put answer below and tell why)
    • We need a true #1 but we should sign someone other than the two guys you mentioned (give answer below and tell why)

I guess the form at the end of last season suggests we don't really need a true #1 receiver but imagine what a dominant wr could do for the offense.

I don't think Landry or Richardson have that potential, Robinson may have.

If we were to go after one of em he would be my choice.

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not sure how he's less risky, unless you are talking about him being less risky solely on his price tag. Cheaper I would agree on. Richardson has had durability issues since college and multiple torn acls. He's been more durable than I would have thought though since coming to the NFL...only missed one season after tearing his acl and a couple games here and there.

The ACL recovery for Robinson and the cost is why i'd say its less risky. But the multiple knee injuries to Richardson I forgot about. All I know is one guy you can bring in for a workout, the other you cant. 

5 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

I guess the form at the end of last season suggests we don't really need a true #1 receiver but imagine what a dominant wr could do for the offense.

I don't think Landry or Richardson have that potential, Robinson may have.

If we were to go after one of em he would be my choice.

Where do you have Watkins in that grouping?

2 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I'm not going to lie...I think Watkins is in moderate 1 year prove it deal territory. 1 year, 9 million, something like that. I don't know if I'm a GM that I could give him more. Guy has always had durability issues, hasn't particularly displayed a full, complete game...the last two years combined, he barely has 1000 yards (23 games) and his first two years, he averaged right around 1000 yards a season...just nothing he has done is crazy impressive or made him appear to be a very good receiver at this level. 

I like Landry more than most. His 9 ypc don't bother meas much as some folks  because he has had garbage at QB most of his career. I think pairing him with Jimmy  in this offense would really make him explode.

I love what Robinson has done (PRE-ACL) with such a dumpster juice QB as Bortles. The issue is what will he be coming off that injury? The upside is that he would come cheaper than Landry BECAUSE of that injury and if he turns out to be fully recovered, some team is going to get a hell of a deal. However if he has lost a step because of that injury, someone is going to be greatly disappointed. BUT I love his #1 WR potential.

I'm not high on richardson for the same reason many aren't high on Robinson, the difference is: 1 he has too many ACLs as stated above and 2. he doesn't have the durable body type 

As far as the draft goes I like the kid out of SMU and  the kid from Notre Dame, 
they are both nice sized targets who can be great red zone targets.

Just my .49 cents

5 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Watkins has shown he can be a #1 in the past.

But his decline in L.A would give me cause for concern.

If we can get him on a similar deal to what Philly gave Jeffrey this past year I'd be for it.

https://overthecap.com/free-agency

here is a comprehensive list of free agent WRs this offseason

of course there may be a few more with some guys being released, but these are the scheduled free-agents

who do you like and why?

Discuss

(my bad you have to click on the "WR" icon underneath the bolded "free agency" heading a 4th of the way down the page and just above the listing)

A lot of guys on that list i would be okay about. But same was last year when we signed Goodwin and look at how he performed once we got Jimmy G.

Of this list i wouldn't mind taking a shot at John Brown from the Cardinals. Just 2 years ago he had over 1000 yards receiving. Not the biggest guy but as a back-up option i wouldn't mind signing him.

I'm pretty sure the 49ers are serious contenders moving forward. So which guy would bring the most to our current roster in our scheme? I like Moncrief too, (in addition to Robinson, Landry, or Richardson) but he doesnt have much YAC ability. 

The guy I have in mind from that list that I havent heard about much is Quincy Enunwa. He'd be a little more difficult to acquire since he's a RFA for the Jets whos coming off neck surgery and didnt play in 17. But in 2016 he was one of my favorite WR's in the NFL. Anquan Boldin-esque in a 25 year old body who ran the 40 in 4.45 seconds. We'd have to outbid the Jets which shouldnt be a problem unless the Robby Anderson issues keep them from wanting to commit to him. Not sure what round tender the Jets will have on him so that will factor too. 

2 hours ago, Pandomonium said:

https://overthecap.com/free-agency

here is a comprehensive list of free agent WRs this offseason

of course there may be a few more with some guys being released, but these are the scheduled free-agents

who do you like and why?

Discuss

(my bad you have to click on the "WR" icon underneath the bolded "free agency" heading a 4th of the way down the page and just above the listing)

Josh Gordon is on the list.

True #1 receiver right there.

Would love to pair him with Jimmy G.

1 minute ago, DTMW78 said:

Josh Gordon is on the list.

True #1 receiver right there.

Would love to pair him with Jimmy G.

Provided he's actually clean now I would absolutely LOVE to have Gordon, However, the browns have about as much cap space as we have and I'm sure they would be willing to pay to keep him so they can pair him with that rookie QB they are going to draft.

16 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

Provided he's actually clean now I would absolutely LOVE to have Gordon, However, the browns have about as much cap space as we have and I'm sure they would be willing to pay to keep him so they can pair him with that rookie QB they are going to draft.

Yeah that's true.

But if he makes it through the year trouble free and hits F.A next season the 9ers should make a play for him.

The Browns are bound to pick the wrong QB, it's what they do.

Archived