Forge's TCMD - 49ers

Forge

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Pick coming up shortly. So far, all three big bodied receivers are available (Cobbs, Lazard, Scott). We have another pick early in round 5. 

I would pick Lazard here who i like best but i you feel one of them or Ateman is still there  at our next pick it makes sense to just wait and see what happens.

Don't know what positions you are still looking at improving.

Just now, Justone2 said:

I would pick Lazard here who i like best but i you feel one of them or Ateman is still there  at our next pick it makes sense to just wait and see what happens.

Ateman is gone, the others are still there. 

At this point, it's just depth players for the most part. There are some interesting guys still out there - I'd have to check to see who all has been picked, but I know Bilal Nichols, DT from Delaware is there, Tegray Scales, LB Indiana. Scarborough is available if we want another running back, though admittedly we are a little crowded there currently. Fumagalli is still there, I believe, as is Jaylen Samuels. Samuels could project nicely as a depth weapon. 

Just now, Forge said:

Ateman is gone, the others are still there. 

At this point, it's just depth players for the most part. There are some interesting guys still out there - I'd have to check to see who all has been picked, but I know Bilal Nichols, DT from Delaware is there, Tegray Scales, LB Indiana. Scarborough is available if we want another running back, though admittedly we are a little crowded there currently. Fumagalli is still there, I believe, as is Jaylen Samuels. Samuels could project nicely as a depth weapon. 

Wasn't Samuels just picked?

Strange that Ateman went before Lazard. 

I really like Dalton Schultz as a TE as well.

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

Wasn't Samuels just picked?

Strange that Ateman went before Lazard. 

I really like Dalton Schultz as a TE as well.

Drat, yes he has been. Hasn't bee updated on our workbook yet. 

5 hours ago, Justone2 said:

That's my thinking. Roll of the dice, but I think one of them will be there. Fumagali now and a WR with the next pick sounds like a reasonable approach. Unless you're thinking of some other position.

40 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Big fan of the Lazard pick. Especially seeing where you picked him and he extra picks you added. This truly is a great year if you want a big tall receiver.

Yeah, I figured with all those guys available, I may as well fall back. Cobbs went, and I actually like him less than Lazard. I debated Tate for a second...i know that 40 was really, really ugly, but he may play faster or even pull a Boldin, but in the end went with Lazard. 

We have 5 more picks in rounds 5-7 now, so basically just a lot of filler at this point. Probably just some bpa. May add another pass rusher, another corner. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I figured with all those guys available, I may as well fall back. Cobbs went, and I actually like him less than Lazard. I debated Tate for a second...i know that 40 was really, really ugly, but he may play faster or even pull a Boldin, but in the end went with Lazard. 

We have 5 more picks in rounds 5-7 now, so basically just a lot of filler at this point. Probably just some bpa. May add another pass rusher, another corner. 

Don't know if Kylie Fitts is still available but thats a guy i think could really out play his draft position is he can stay healthy. A big if in his case but man that guy can play.

Those big receivers are pretty hard to rank for me this year because they all are pretty similar. I was a big fan of Lazard before the combine and he basically showed better then most expected. That whole group of tall receiver will be interesting to watch for the draft because they are all so close in skill and i feel that for most of them it will be 100% dependent on where they get drafted and what chances they will get.

Just now, Justone2 said:

Don't know if Kylie Fitts is still available but thats a guy i think could really out play his draft position is he can stay healthy. A big if in his case but man that guy can play.

Those big receivers are pretty hard to rank for me this year because they all are pretty similar. I was a big fan of Lazard before the combine and he basically showed better then most expected. That whole group of tall receiver will be interesting to watch for the draft because they are all so close in skill and i feel that for most of them it will be 100% dependent on where they get drafted and what chances they will get.

Fitts is available, and he was actually on my list. I have a couple of guys I'll bring up closer my pick, but I Think this one will be spent on the defensive line. Unfortunately, two of the defensive tackles I may be interested in went off the board recently. 

Archived