The tWo Hangout

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

How was the trip?

Really enjoyed it...not the nost ideal place when you are low on money though haha. Drinks around downtown and the bars we stopped at were $8-$9 beers.

Stayed at an airbnb in south Chicago by Guaranteed Rate Field. I actually liked the area around there. Sure, it was a bit roughin some areas but otherwise was nice. Final night we drank at a bar called Turtles and it had some good food and beers were only $4-$5. Much more within reason haha.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Really enjoyed it...not the nost ideal place when you are low on money though haha. Drinks around downtown and the bars we stopped at were $8-$9 beers.

Yeah, things get expensive in certain areas. Girlfriend and I went to the beach this weekend and two mixed drinks each set me back $50. Other places, it’s much more reasonable.

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Stayed at an airbnb in south Chicago by Guaranteed Rate Field. I actually liked the area around there. Sure, it was a bit roughin some areas but otherwise was nice. Final night we drank at a bar called Turtles and it had some good food and beers were only $4-$5. Much more within reason haha.

I stay out of that area completely. Never go south of the Loop unless I’m heading to a museum in the daytime.

Did you end up doing much?

Just now, iPwn said:

Yeah, things get expensive in certain areas. Girlfriend and I went to the beach this weekend and two mixed drinks each set me back $50. Other places, it’s much more reasonable.

I stay out of that area completely. Never go south of the Loop unless I’m heading to a museum in the daytime.

Did you end up doing much?

Not too much tbh. Went downtown that friday night. Got deep dish pizza at a place im blanking on and it was great (first time ive had it). Went and checked out the bean and the parks had some live music. Generally stayed in that area.

Saturday we checked out some shops, stopped at a couple vars and had a couple out on the patios, went to a market, then went back to south Chicago that night like I said.

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Got deep dish pizza at a place im blanking on and it was great (first time ive had it).

If it wasn’t Pequod’s, you did it wrong.

That’s not too bad for stuff to do, given you were on a limited budget. Taste of Lincoln Ave was this weekend, so there was a ton of food there that you missed. 

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

If it wasn’t Pequod’s, you did it wrong.

That’s not too bad for stuff to do, given you were on a limited budget. Taste of Lincoln Ave was this weekend, so there was a ton of food there that you missed. 

We didnt plan much. We basically just decided to go forthe heck of it last week on Tuesday. Definitely wasnt the place we went to for pizza.

I would have loved to go more north but we just didnt. Wasnt the best planned out trip. I want to go back sometime during the schoolcyear for a weekend when i actually have some money from aid/loans lol.