Doug Farrar" Redskins improved with Alex smith "

Dashing202

http://www.12up.com/posts/5964442-details-of-alex-smith-s-contract-with-redskins-are-completely-ridiculous?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=FBADS&utm_campaign=US3950

So when Smith has the NFL leading rusher and two 1000+ yard receivers, he's barely better than Cousins with the 28th ranked rushing offense and one of the worst receiving sets in the NFL

2 hours ago, Slateman said:

http://www.12up.com/posts/5964442-details-of-alex-smith-s-contract-with-redskins-are-completely-ridiculous?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=FBADS&utm_campaign=US3950

So when Smith has the NFL leading rusher and two 1000+ yard receivers, he's barely better than Cousins with the 28th ranked rushing offense and one of the worst receiving sets in the NFL

Who threw them the ball on rhythm, on time and made all that work in the passing game? Who moved well on the pocked, avoided a rush if it was coming, got out of the pocket and extended plays?

Its ridiculous that we give Cousins most of the credit for going over 4,000 yards last season, but you won’t give credit to Smith for having near the same yards, 1 less TD and 14  less turnovers and he led the Chiefs back to the playoffs. A lot of Cousins’ yards last year came from throwing to a 3rd down back, TEs and his slot rec, and he also had 35 more attempts in 2017 than Smith did.

I loved Cousins, wanted him re-signed in 2016 - knew it would be a mistake to franchise him - but he never seemed like he wanted to be here after they didn’t give him a fair market offer in 2016. He refused to negotiate with the team after that. Yes, most of that was because of Allen & Snyder but some of it was Cousins and his camp too.

Heck, as Dashing pointed out, Mccloughan didn’t think Cousins was a special player either, good player, but not special. Mccloughan’s council was to not give Cousins a deal that was going to pay him on avg of $20 million in 2016, I didn’t agree with him on that. And because McCloughan saw Cousins not take the $16.5 million on avg per year contract, he talked about trading Cousins in a press conference after we franchised him.

I’ll hang up and take your answer offline.

3 hours ago, Slateman said:

Ok so your gonna discredit a qb throwing them the ball?

He should get 100 percent credit getting kelce and hill 1000 yards.

Lol so if smith had garçon and Jackson they wouldn't been good?.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Who threw them the ball on rhythm, on time and made all that work in the passing game? Who moved well on the pocked, avoided a rush if it was coming, got out of the pocket and extended plays?

Its ridiculous that we give Cousins most of the credit for going over 4,000 yards last season, but you won’t give credit to Smith for having near the same yards, 1 less TD and 14  less turnovers and he led the Chiefs back to the playoffs. A lot of Cousins’ yards last year came from throwing to a 3rd down back, TEs and his slot rec, and he also had 35 more attempts in 2017 than Smith did.

I loved Cousins, wanted him re-signed in 2016 - knew it would be a mistake to franchise him - but he never seemed like he wanted to be here after they didn’t give him a fair market offer in 2016. He refused to negotiate with the team after that. Yes, most of that was because of Allen & Snyder but some of it was Cousins and his camp too.

Heck, as Dashing pointed out, Mccloughan didn’t think Cousins was a special player either, good player, but not special. Mccloughan’s council was to not give Cousins a deal that was going to pay him on avg of $20 million in 2016, I didn’t agree with him on that. And because McCloughan saw Cousins not take the $16.5 million on avg per year contract, he talked about trading Cousins in a press conference after we franchised him.

I’ll hang up and take your answer offline.

Who passed for almost 5000 yards when he had two 1000+ receivers and a running game not top 5 worst in football? In order to crack 4k for the first time he needed a better supporting cast than Cousins had last year. And Smith STILL couldn't pass for more yards than Cousins despite that.

What none of you people is understanding is that 20 million is the floor for an average QB. Not a "special" one. Not even a good one. An average one. Dak  Prescott and Andy Dalton are 20+ million a year QBs on the market. So sitting here complaining about having a "not special" guy is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. There are literally two special QBs in football right now. And they will never play for another team.

Cousins is good. Good enough to get you deep into the playoffs if you give him a good supporting cast. Alex Smith isn't. This single handedly makes the team significantly worse than where it was on January 1.

On 1/31/2018 at 6:29 PM, lavar703 said:

Oh you'll see Kirk. He'll forever be tied to this organization and every time he throws for 300 yards and 3 TDs and Smith plays poorly it will be brought up. This isn't ending anytime soon.

... @Thaiphoon, have you ever wondered what we did in a former life to deserve being moderators when this comes to pass?

On 2/2/2018 at 12:30 AM, turtle28 said:

Just volume of throwing more passes will improve Smith’s yardage totals in Gruden’s offense like it did for Kirk especially in 2016. 

Yes, but it will likely pull down his completion percentage, and TD percentage (which in turn will bring down his passer rating).

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

Who passed for almost 5000 yards when he had two 1000+ receivers and a running game not top 5 worst in football? In order to crack 4k for the first time he needed a better supporting cast than Cousins had last year. And Smith STILL couldn't pass for more yards than Cousins despite that.

What none of you people is understanding is that 20 million is the floor for an average QB. Not a "special" one. Not even a good one. An average one. Dak  Prescott and Andy Dalton are 20+ million a year QBs on the market. So sitting here complaining about having a "not special" guy is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. There are literally two special QBs in football right now. And they will never play for another team.

Cousins is good. Good enough to get you deep into the playoffs if you give him a good supporting cast. Alex Smith isn't. This single handedly makes the team significantly worse than where it was on January 1.

Smith is 2-5 playoff wise and has a 14 touchdown 2 int ratio IN the post season.

I mean SM said it not us , I thought I'd point him saying that since everyone feels he knows what he's talking about .

Like you've had 3 former Alex Smith eye witness say he's good. You have had guys like Mike Vick, and some analysts say Smith is better .

6 hours ago, oldman9er said:

The only valid gripe is whether you wanted to start over by developing a rookie, and sitting through a year or three of winning 5 or less games. Otherwise, it's hard to argue that you didn't get the best QB option replacement not named.. Cousins. 

Actually, it's the fact that the Redskins just kicked the can to the time when they will have to start over by developing a rookie and sitting through a year or three of winning 5 or less games a year or two into the future, thus wasting the talent they do have right now.

1 minute ago, Dashing202 said:

Smith is 2-5 playoff wise and has a 14 touchdown 2 int ratio IN the post season.

I mean SM said it not us , I thought I'd point him saying that since everyone feels he knows what he's talking about .

Like you've had 3 former Alex Smith eye witness say he's good. You have had guys like Mike Vick, and some analysts say Smith is better .

I have 12 years of performance that indicates he's average. He's now lost his starting job twice. Not to injury, but because two coaches looked at him and said, you know what, it ain't good enough. 

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Because Smith did it one year out of five with the Chiefs, whereas Cousins did three years in a row.

2 minutes ago, Slateman said:

I have 12 years of performance that indicates he's average. He's now lost his starting job twice. Not to injury, but because two coaches looked at him and said, you know what, it ain't good enough. 

Idk what to tell you... I honestly don't lol

2 hours ago, Slateman said:

Then why was Alex Smith a FG away from going to the super bowl in 2011-12? The 49ers lost to the Giants in the NFC Championship that year and the Giants went on to beat the Patriots in the super bowl. The time Smith playoff game for Smith in San Francisco  came in January of 2012, when Lawrence Tynes kicked a field goal in overtime to defeat the 49ers and send the New York Giants to their fifth Super Bowl.

So, please save it.

The stats don’t tell the whole story here as Thai used to always say when Campbell or McNabb racked up 300 yards games because they had to throw so much in 2009 & 2010. Cousins threw the ball 115 more times than Smith did in 2016, 35 more times than him in 2017 and they basically had the same production, although Smith had less mistakes. Getting 4900 yards off of 600 passing attempts happens because of the volume of passes. If Smith threw the ball 600 times in a year I’m sure he’d have around 4900 yards, probably more than his career best of 26 TDs and less than 10 ints.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Then why was Alex Smith a FG away from going to the super bowl in 2011-12? The 49ers lost to the Giants in the NFC Championship that year and the Giants went on to beat the Patriots in tge super bowl.

So, please save it.

The stats don’t tell the whole story here as Thai used to always say when Campbell or McNabb racked up 300 yards games because they had to throw so much in 2009 & 2010. Cousins threw the ball 115 more times than Smith did in 2016, 35 more times than him in 2017 and they basically had the same production, although Smith had less mistakes. Getting 4900 yards off of 600 passing attempts happens because of the volume of passes. If Smith threw the ball 600 times in a year I’m sure he’d have around 4900 yards, probably more than 25 TDs and less than 10 ints.

Your FG away QB got benched for Colin Kapernick. Who ACTUALLY got them to the Super Bowl. 

No, Smith wouldn't have. Because that would have meant he'd take chances. Which he doesn't do.

22 minutes ago, Woz said:

Because Smith did it one year out of five with the Chiefs, whereas Cousins did three years in a row.

You keep saying this but what Smith did most recent in his career is more relevant that what he did 4, 5 or 10 years ago. We both know Gruden will throw the ball even more than Andy Reid, it wouldn’t shock me if Gruden had Smith throw the ball 35 to 50 more times than Reid did. With those 50 more passes he’ll probably complete about 30 of them, which means he could have 250 to 300 more yards than he even had in 2017.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

You keep saying this but what Smith did most recent in his career is more relevant that what he did 4, 5 or 10 years ago. We both know Gruden will throw the ball even more than Andy Reid, it wouldn’t shock me if Gruden had Smith throw the ball 35 to 50 more times than Reid did. With those 50 more passes he’ll probably complete about 30 of them, which means he could have 250 to 300 more yards than he even had in 2017.

It's not more relevant than what he did the last three years. 

Cousins is so massively far ahead of where Smith is. Smith's BEST year isn't as good as Cousin's worst as a starter.

Archived