Eagles TCMD War Room- Draft Complete!

EaglesPeteC

Went 3 for 3 this round on some quality defensive depth.

LB Gerald Hodges 1 year $1.7 million

Only 27 and solid depth who can fill in at all LB spots

S Cody Davis 5 years $15 million

Who? This guy was the 3rd S for the Rams last year and was quietly having a strong season. He was ranked in the top 15 by PFF in coverage for Safeties. He is also a really strong special teams player and still only 27. Feel like he will be a strong 3rd S for this team at a good price.

DT Cedric Thornton 1 year $1 million

Big Ced is back to add some veteran depth to the DT room. I feel like he can help fill Beau Allen's role.

4 hours ago, Danger said:

What's the QB market (for backups) looking like still at this time? How much cap space do we have to work with?

I have ~14 million left

QB depth got hit hard this round and I wasn't expecting it. Gabbert, Moore, EJ Manuel, Chase Daniel all gone this round. The "best" 2 QB's left at reasonable prices Landry Jones $1.5m APY and Drew Stanton at $3m APY.

I can run out and grab one of them this round or keep patient and see if one of the really expensive and better options keep gping unsigned and their APY drops low enough. Right now Keenum, Bradford and Bortles are all hovering around 13 m APY. It goes down 10% every round.

4 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

QB depth got hit hard this round and I wasn't expecting it. Gabbert, Moore, EJ Manuel, Chase Daniel all gone this round. The "best" 2 QB's left at reasonable prices Landry Jones $1.5m APY and Drew Stanton at $3m APY.

Landry Jones would do the trick. Not sure what Butt fumble's APY ask is but he's not a bad option either.

2 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Nice pickup with Hodges

I'd consider Trevor Knight over Landry, Knight can move around he won't cost that much, or shouldn't especially for #3

Who? 

Landry Jones only costs 1.5 million per year lol.

EDIT: Oh god no. He was dreadful in College even at Oklahoma. Nate Sudfeld >>>>> Trevor Knight.

Just now, nlesthought said:

Neither is Landry! 

Disagree. They both played at Oklahoma, look at their stats at the school. Then also look at Landry's stats in Pittsburgh.

Landry is much more experienced in the league than Knight. Knight honestly is a career PS guy.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

Disagree. They both played at Oklahoma, look at their stats at the school. Then also look at Landry's stats in Pittsburgh.

Landry is much more experienced in the league than Knight. Knight honestly is a career PS guy.

I was saying Landry Jones isn't better than Studfeld. Landry Jones has been in the league a lot longer, experienced but the Steelers will likely move on with Dobbs over Jones IRL. Knight was a rookie last year to say a career PS guy is based off what? I was looking for the cheaper option vs paying a #3 a ton of money. 

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

Landry Jones would do the trick. Not sure what Butt fumble's APY ask is but he's not a bad option either.

Sanchez also has a $1.5 APY. Honestly I'd rather spend $1.5 on Sanchez than Jones.

Sanchez you know can function for a short period of time and can be successful with a good O-line, running game and defense. Jones you don't know that.

Good call.

Archived