Eagles TCMD War Room- Draft Complete!

EaglesPeteC

20 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Who is more important to have? Jason Peters or Nigel Bradham?

If i trade or release JP, it opens up enough $ in 2019 to match the offer on Bradham.

@Danger @Hockey5djh

It's not as straight forward as you make it out to be. You have to weight a few things.

1. Jason Peters is only going to get you one more season, even if he does come back healthy.
2. Bradham takes up much more cap space now and later then whatever we would save by releasing Peters. You'd be putting all of your eggs in one basket.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's not as straight forward as you make it out to be. You have to weight a few things.

1. Jason Peters is only going to get you one more season, even if he does come back healthy.
2. Bradham takes up much more cap space now and later then whatever we would save by releasing Peters. You'd be putting all of your eggs in one basket.

Ok so here is the situation.

The Bradham contract has an 8 million cap hit in 2018 and then 12 million over the rest of the 3 years in the contract.

If I match it, I will have 15 million + the 2018 money saved on Peters to work with for the rest of the mock for 2018

Right now 2019 only have 12 million in space, so without cutting Peters, I literally can't sign my draft class if I match Bradham because of lack of 2019 funds.

So getting rid of Peters opens up the 11 million in 2019 he is due to work with for the rest of the mock.

Eagles have much more favorable cap space in 2020 and beyond.

Yea, who does Bradham think he is? He's Schwartz dependent. And errryone knows it. 

Id be interested what you could get for Peters in a trade though. In reality, either he's healthy or he's gone this year. And I'd bet more that he's going to be gone. That's a rough injury to get back from being 72 years old. 

4 hours ago, AustrianEagle said:

not worth it, move on from bradham.

1 hour ago, ianlewis16 said:

yep

28 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Can't see them paying that much for Bradham...

I hate to disagree but....

Putting contract realism aside and just talking about the players....is it more important to have a 36 year old All Pro LT, coming off a major injury, making 10+ Mil with a replacement waiting in the wings or is it more important to retain your 28 year old, top starting LB from your 2017 Superbowl run who currently has no replacement?

IMO you resign Bradham.

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

I hate to disagree but....

Putting contract realism aside and just talking about the players....is it more important to have a 36 year old All Pro LT, coming off a major injury, making 10+ Mil with a replacement waiting in the wings or is it more important to retain your 28 year old, top starting LB from your 2017 Superbowl run who currently has no replacement?

IMO you resign Bradham.

I don't disagree that Bradham is an important player. I just think at that future price, the fact we'll have Hicks back to lead that LB core, the fact that he'll be 29 when the season starts, i'd lean towards moving on. tough call though. 

47 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Def a tough call. If it were all the same, given roster/replacement and future, I'd take Bradham over Peters but Bradham's money is ludicrous. 

Not getting much interest for Peters. I mean he is 36, and coming off an injury. Got a couple late round pick offers right now.

I also feel like at 32 the options of tackle are much better than a LB. Only LB I can see being there who might fit what Bradam does is Rashaan Evans and there is literally nobody in FA that can come close to replacing him.

Also Giants put in the offer for Bradham. Seeing him in NY would make my skin crawl haha

In reality the Eagles can restructure Peters right to lower the cap hit. He can retire or just take a paycut. 

In reality the Eagles can't afford a high cap hit to retain Bradham without moving multiple pieces. 

In reality Peters is more likely to stay over Bradham

In this game, not sure can you restructure Peters contract? Force him to retire? Talk about paycut

In this game, Bradham has attained a possible cap hit that is forcing the Eagles to move more pieces 

1 minute ago, nlesthought said:

In reality the Eagles can restructure Peters right to lower the cap hit. He can retire or just take a paycut. 

In reality the Eagles can't afford a high cap hit to retain Bradham without moving multiple pieces. 

In reality Peters is more likely to stay over Bradham

In this game, not sure can you restructure Peters contract? Force him to retire? Talk about paycut

In this game, Bradham has attained a possible cap hit that is forcing the Eagles to move more pieces 

Restructuring doesn't help. That gives me more money in 2018 and less in 2019. The problem is the 2019 money not the 2018 money.

Can't-do pay cuts or force retires.

The only piece I have to move to retain Bradham is Peters. It really is a 1 for 1 scenario 

12 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Restructuring doesn't help. That gives me more money in 2018 and less in 2019. The problem is the 2019 money not the 2018 money.

Can't-do pay cuts or force retires.

The only piece I have to move to retain Bradham is Peters. It really is a 1 for 1 scenario 

But didn't you say there is no carryover from '18 to '19? Restructure or grab a LB in round 1. Peters is an All-Pro but he's a pillar and too old to be traded to expect fair value

Forgive me Jason Peters for what I must do.....

At the end of the day JP is 36, coming off an injury and #32 is a sweet spot to get an OT that can come in a complete with Big V to replace him

while

Bradham is 28/29 and has elite coverage skills, there is nobody in free agency to adequately replace him. I'd probably have to trade up in Round 1 to get Roquan Smith or Rashaan Evans because nobody else good enough will be there who can step in and possibly replace what Bradham does.

Archived