Musing From Broncos Training Camp

AnAngryAmerican

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Brady is better than Lynch also... is that better?

I'm just saying even if Sloter is better than Lynch he's not better that Siemian and if he makes starts we are screwed.  I wont be surpised at all by 2019 that no QB on this roster today is still around.

I really don't get why people are all over Sloter.  He's looked decent against sub par competition.

I guess I can't get excited about a guy who on a team with an even middle of the road starting option would be PS at best 

22 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Siemian was better than Brock but they weren't going to play a 7th round rookie over him..:

I never thought Brock was good and I'm from MT :D

Best players will play but the best player ain't Sloter

Like I said the QBOTF isn't on the roster.

Kelly is an unknown I suppose but the other 3?

No way any of them are good enough to take this team far.

Going to be a great defense wasted by a bad offense yet again this year

On 9/1/2017 at 7:49 AM, Broncofan said:

One other observation from last night - our ST play still wasn't there.   Got a punt blocked, and our coverage and blocking on returns was pretty lackluster.

Man, I hope Olivo has us ready to be a lot better in Week 1.   With our home games, winning on ST is a really big hidden part to winning the field position game, which only helps teams play against our strengths (pass rush and No Fly Zone).

I'm not ready to push the panic button on the ST units yet. The vast majority of the guys playing there aren't going to be on the team a few hours from now. Brock has a good pedigree and he knows what he's doing, I think we will be fine.

3 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I'm not ready to push the panic button on the ST units yet. The vast majority of the guys playing there aren't going to be on the team a few hours from now. Brock has a good pedigree and he knows what he's doing, I think we will be fine.

I mean I think it would be easy for the units to succeed at mile high its the road games to worry about. That altitude is our 13th man

2 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Yeah with guys like Latimer sitting Week 4 we should be way better.  Booker will help too when he returns.   Just need to see it now.  No more dress rehearsals.  

I am disappointed Raymond didn't make the squad.  McKenzie has speed and potential but Raymond was the better returner.   Plus he'd contribute as a 4th-5th WR.   Realize he'd never beat McKenzie but Taylor really has to be great as a 3rd WR candidate to justify cutting more versatile guys.  We'll find out soon enough. 

Archived