Miscellaneous News V 5.0

Breesus mode

17 minutes ago, Texasmade said:

lol this guy. 

On the other hand, JK Dobbins will be free to come back home. :ph34r:

Why would Dobbins leave tOSU?  He’s the best offense of weapon for one the best teams in the nation  It’s more likely Tom would leave for Ohio State than Dobbins leaving for Texas

ElevenWarriors writer just tweeted this was an open secret

Urban's screwed. If everybody really knew, his primary concern might shift to trying to get OSU to honor the majority of his contract. The alternative is that OSU conducts an investigation, and Day 1 they get all his texts, phone calls, and e-mails. They interview him, his wife, any remaining members of the staff, and any other employee who is a mandated reporter, and cross reference it with their records. And everything they get, writers can get with FOIA requests as long as it's a noteworthy story (read: as long as Urban's employed).

This is going to be a never ending **** mudslide. If OSU is smart, they wade 2 feet into this, realize how bad it smells, and cut ties. If Urban is smart, which he is, he realizes his leverage here is a quiet resignation where he still gets paid and his wife doesn't get in any trouble.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

ElevenWarriors writer just tweeted this was an open secret

Urban's screwed. If everybody really knew, his primary concern might shift to trying to get OSU to honor the majority of his contract. The alternative is that OSU conducts an investigation, and Day 1 they get all his texts, phone calls, and e-mails. They interview him, his wife, any remaining members of the staff, and any other employee who is a mandated reporter, and cross reference it with their records. And everything they get, writers can get with FOIA requests as long as it's a noteworthy story (read: as long as Urban's employed).

This is going to be a never ending **** mudslide. If OSU is smart, they wade 2 feet into this, realize how bad it smells, and cut ties. If Urban is smart, which he is, he realizes his leverage here is a quiet resignation where he still gets paid and his wife doesn't get in any trouble.

Why would his wife have to worry about avoiding getting in trouble?

im curious on what Gene Smith knows about this all?

Matt Campbell? Next HC at tOSU? 

Also Ramzy is taking a lot of heat for not doing anything about. He said he knew of things but didn’t want to do the leg work on it. 

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Why would his wife have to worry about avoiding getting in trouble?

im curious on what Gene Smith knows about this all?

Matt Campbell? Next HC at tOSU?

The text messages are between "Shelley" (who I am assuming is Shelley Meyer), and Zach Smith's now ex-wife. Shelley Meyer is both an OSU employee and an RN, so she's a mandated reporter.

And you're correct. If Urban/Shelley funneled this up to Gene Smith and he did nothing, then it's his *** in the jackpot. But do we really think an AD is going to cover up something like this when the head coach offers up his assistant on the chopping block? Realistically, this ended with Urban.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The text messages are between "Shelley" (who I am assuming is Shelley Meyer), and Zach Smith's now ex-wife. Shelley Meyer is both an OSU employee and an RN, so she's a mandated reporter.

Oh I didn’t know she worked for tOSU and was a nurse. Well didn’t smith’s Wife file a report on all of this, meaning Shelly wouldnt have to file anything if a police report was already started

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Also Ramzy is taking a lot of heat for not doing anything about. He said he knew of things but didn’t want to do the leg work on it. 

Yep and he deserves it. You're a reporter, you have a seriously influential story, and you bury it because filing court requests is out of your league? Okay, go find someone who will.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

And you're correct. If Urban/Shelley funneled this up to Gene Smith and he did nothing, then it's his *** in the jackpot. But do we really think an AD is going to cover up something like this when the head coach offers up his assistant on the chopping block? Realistically, this ended with Urban.

Maybe Urbz pulled a joe pa...told the admins and let them handled it all

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yep and he deserves it. You're a reporter, you have a seriously influential story, and you bury it because filing court requests is out of your league? Okay, go find someone who will.

These are things that make a reporter. He didn’t want to ruin his life becuase he is an tOSU fan, I believe a Columbus guy, and prolly didn’t want to be known as the guy who potentially took down Urbz

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Maybe Urbz pulled a joe pa...told the admins and let them handled it all

If you're Gene Smith, and Urban Meyer comes to tell you "hey my WR coach who has a DV background is kicking the crap out of his wife again. I'm legally obligated to tell you this", you fire him. Done and over. Gene Smith had no loyalty to Zach Smith here, Urban did since it was Zach Smith's family that gave him his big break into coaching.

Only one of these parties has any motive that I can think of to cover this up.

By the way, can we get a mod to make this it's own topic? This is gonna be a front page CFB story for a while. @IDOG_det

13 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If you're Gene Smith, and Urban Meyer comes to tell you "hey my WR coach who has a DV background is kicking the crap out of his wife again. I'm legally obligated to tell you this", you fire him. Done and over. Gene Smith had no loyalty to Zach Smith here, Urban did since it was Zach Smith's family that gave him his big break into coaching.

Only one of these parties has any motive that I can think of to cover this up.

By the way, can we get a mod to make this it's own topic? This is gonna be a front page CFB story for a while. @IDOG_det

Well Gene Smith is the AD of tOSU and Smith is the grandson of an tOSU coaching legend. So there is something there. It’s kinda similar at Penn st, they had no reason to hold onto the guy except he was just really really good at his job. 

I think Gene Smith knew about it and he didn’t step in either. 

The only out I see them potentially having is since there were never formal charges they are going to ride that excuse. That’s the only thing I see. It’s not great but it’s the only thing

so let’s start a short list of candidates

Tom Herman

Matt Campbell

Greg Schiano

DJ Durkin

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Well Gene Smith is the AD of tOSU and Smith is the grandson of an tOSU coaching legend. So there is something there. It’s kinda similar at Penn st, they had no reason to hold onto the guy except he was just really really good at his job. 

I think Gene Smith knew about it and he didn’t step in either. 

The only out I see them potentially having is since there were never formal charges they are going to ride that excuse. That’s the only thing I see. It’s not great but it’s the only thing

so let’s start a short list of candidates

Tom Herman

Matt Campbell

Greg Schiano

DJ Durkin

I'd think Schiano. Makes sense financially since they'd have to cough up a fairly huge buyout for anybody else.

13 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'd think Schiano. Makes sense financially since they'd have to cough up a fairly huge buyout for anybody else.

Would really be something if/when they replace someone who covered up/didn't report a domestic abuse with someone who allegedly covered up/didn't report pedophilia.

Archived