New Players To Mock To Steelers

Armsteeld2

RD1. OLB Arden Key 6'6 265: Elite cat-like quickness.  I call him The Cheetah because of his angular frame that looks like a sprinter instead of a football player.  Has great hand ability to keep himself clean from the OL.  Hustles to the ball.  Plays with some nastiness.  Is ok versus the run but needs to get better.  Stopped playing football in order to find himself so some can see that as a risk and that is why I think he can last til pick 28.  Steelers get a freak OLB and can switch Dupree to and OLB/ILB.

RD2. CB Mike Hughes 5'11 185: Great with his hands and redirecting WR.  Does a good job of going through blockers to get at ball carriers.  Great ball skills and outstanding kick returner.  Uses the sidelines well to squeeze boundary receiver.  Not afraid to come up in run support.  Very competitive.

RD3. SS Terrell Edmunds 6'2 222: Solid size.  Big hitter.  Plays close to the LOS much of the time.  Diagnosis and clicks plays quickly.  Passionate and intense player who plays with confidence.  Solid tackler.

RD5. MLB Frank Ginda 6'0 245: Excellent instincts & fights through trash pretty good.  Patient and explosive to the ball.  Doesn't take false steps.  Fast enough to flow from sideline to sideline.  Excellent tackler.  

RD 5. WR Jaylen Smith 6'4 220: Physical receiver who has some wiggle.  Gets separation using his big frame to shield defenders.  Has speed to pull away from defenses.  Has nice hands.  Very underrated player.

RD7. QB Devante Kincade 6'1 197: Strong arm.  Ole Miss transfer.  QBs are hard to evaluate.  Has solid pocket awareness.  Is an elusive runner when the play breaks down.  Is very competitive and wants to be the best.  

RD7. NT Du'Vonta Lampkin 6'3 335: Powerful. Uses hands well.  Agile.  Hard to control 1 on 1.  Late round flyer on a big guy.

26 minutes ago, DaRealTitletown said:

I would love this but to me the need at safety is free safety... Not enough to hate the draft just curious what your thoughts about our safety position are?

Our Safety play was atrocious to be honest.  Davis sucks in coverage but is only average versus the run.  Mitchell sucks at everything besides being an asshat.  Golden is only ST and Wilcox wasn't given many opportunities on defense.

I'm hopeful my Derwin James or Ronnie Harrison in the 1st round. Either would be an upgrade.

16 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I am a fan of trying Key.  He has been injured so he would have to clear the medical checks but when health he is explosive.

Agreed.  Pure speculation but I wonder about his mental health makeup or whatever the reason for him withdrawing from the team.   Whatever the reason, he overcame it and gained about 20lbs bulking up to 265ish.  

He has no trade value, yet is a sure starter here, figure that out while Harrison is in the SB.

By trading him, the FO admits to making a bad mistake, and they never did that with Jarvis so no reason to think they will now. Our FO just won't do it.  @Armsteeld2 do you think this is a good draft to get 2 edge rushers? 

7 hours ago, MDSteeler1971 said:

I've seen Key go in the top 10 but also seen him drop. The rest are nice but don't you think that Kincade is quite small?

He needs a year or two to gain some weight. If he gets to about 210 he'll be good.  I think Drew Brees and Mike Vick both are around 6' 210ish.

57 minutes ago, Armsteeld2 said:

He needs a year or two to gain some weight. If he gets to about 210 he'll be good.  I think Drew Brees and Mike Vick both are around 6' 210ish.

Why draft a developmental QB in round seven when we have Josh Dobbs?  He was drafted last year to fill that role.

45 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

Why draft a developmental QB in round seven when we have Josh Dobbs?  He was drafted last year to fill that role.

The easy answer is because he sucks. Not to say a Rd 7 project would be any better. But I'm telling you, Dobbs is AT BEST a backup.

2 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

The easy answer is because he sucks. Not to say a Rd 7 project would be any better. But I'm telling you, Dobbs is AT BEST a backup.

I am not disputing your opinion Chieferific. If you think Dobbs is not the answer even as a back-up, I won't argue that point. I don't see him as Big Ben's replacement, but I do believe that he may be Landry Jones replacement. As you said, at best. Again, my point is why trade one development project for another? We have him, we have other needs and if neither of these guys are the answer, let's wait until we find someone who is in a year or two.

1 minute ago, Steeler Hitman said:

I am not disputing your opinion Chieferific. If you think Dobbs is not the answer even as a back-up, I won't argue that point. I don't see him as Big Ben's replacement, but I do believe that he may be Landry Jones replacement. As you said, at best. Again, my point is why trade one development project for another? We have him, we have other needs and if neither of these guys are the answer, let's wait until we find someone who is in a year or two.

Agreed. They seem to like LJ and he has improved enough to be a capable backup. I think you carry all 3 QBs until Ben retires and see what's what then (i.e Rookie/FA). Maybe Dobbs pans out by year 3 as the backup or even the starter (doubt it).

Archived