Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

12 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

It’ll be interesting to watch Patterson with Brady. For a QB who demands perfection from his receivers (routes, assignments, etc), how’s he gonna handle a guy who can’t run routes?

Agreed.  He's probably only making highlight reel catches because he's in the wrong spot.  

Matt Kalil has been healthy this offseason and a new offensive coordinator hasn’t forced him to do the same kind of learning because he’s played for Norv Turner in the past. With those two things off the table, coach Ron Rivera said the Panthers “expect him to improve and be better for us this year.” Kalil seems to think he’ll fulfill that expectation.

Kalil: “I think from Week 4 on I started playing better and better, and toward the end of the season I was playing where I want to be. I think that carried over to organized team activities and to camp, and obviously I’m way ahead of the curve of where I started last year.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/02/panthers-expecting-more-from-matt-kalil-this-year/

The Steelers tweaked their roster on Thursday by adding two players and saying goodbye to a couple of others. Tight end Bucky Hodges and offensive tackle Kyle Meadows are in while linebacker Darnell Leslie and tight end Ryan Malleck are headed to the waiver wire. Malleck will carry an injury designation with him.

Hodges was a sixth-round pick by the Vikings last year, but landed on injured reserve before being released in September. He had a stint on the Panthers practice squad and spent a few months with the Jets this offseason before being release last week.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/02/steelers-sign-bucky-hodges-and-kyle-meadows/