Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Adrian Peterson was asked which teams does he see himself playing for in 2018 and the Packers were one of the few teams he mentioned.

Peterson: "Green Bay wouldn't be a bad look, they're some options out there. You see around the league they have a two-back system. Guys are not pounding the ball 20-30 times a game. I think that leaves the door open for a couple of opportunities for me."

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Adrian-Peterson-looks-to-sign-with-Green-Bay-Packers-118544133

Packers offense is heavily shotgun based, no way Peterson fits their scheme. 

Even aside from his own decline with age, Peterson’s been left behind by the evolution of NFL offenses toward spread concepts. His lack of production as a receiver and his poor pass blocking are so limiting that it’s hard to imagine a team where he might get more than 10 carries. The Cards under Arians were one of the few. Maybe the Titans “exotic smashmouth”, though supposedly they’re revamping their scheme this year. Maybe a less talented offense with a young pocket QB who needs someone on the team to take some pressure off him — the Bills? The Jets?

Peterson: “You know obviously I’ve mentioned Houston a couple of times. I feel like Green Bay wouldn’t be a bad look as well. Carolina. There’s some options out there. You know Miami. Down there in Los Angeles, that would be a nice look, too, with Todd Gurley. You see around the league they have a two-back system. Guys are not really not pounding the ball 20, 30 times a game, so I think that leaves the door open for a couple of opportunities for me.”

Peterson also recently said he would be open to a return to New Orleans.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/28/adrian-peterson-keeps-mentioning-houston-as-possible-fit/

will somebody please invite this guy to prom...

On 5/24/2018 at 6:20 PM, TENINCH said:

Kneel all they want but come up with a solution to help fix all this. I haven't heard of a solution from either side. Meanwhile there are innocent civilians and cops dying.

Nazi's can march. Nation of Islam can march. I'm not going to pay attention to either one. Pretty sure they both eat paint chips.

The problem is that the NFL, as an organization, has not given them any other platform to do so.  If the NFL, like the NBA, actually communicated with their players and provided them opportunities elsewhere to have that platform, then maybe we wouldn't be having the same discussion, and they wouldn't be kneeling.  Banning protesting has never worked...and it won't work here either.  Instead of constantly doing things in attempts to "protect the shield", maybe they could actually strengthen the shield by working together with the players to allow them to express their views...and maybe some solutions could come out of that. 

Edited by disaacs
  • Like 3

Fans who have followed the Vikings since the early days certainly remember Tommy Kramer, who played under center in Minnesota from 1977-89.

It may have been years since Kramer stepped into the huddle, but the former quarterback stays connected to his former team and the fan base. He enjoys meeting members of the Vikings faithful, often taking to social media to share stories of new friends he’s made. Recently, Kramer opened an invite for fans to join him at a Twin Cities hotel conference room for a viewing of the 1980 Vikings-Browns game, during which Kramer finished 38-of-49 passing for 456 yards, four touchdowns and a passer rating of 132.7.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Lunchbreak-Pelissero-Visits-With-Highly-Encouraged-Vikings-WRs-/e6116cc2-055c-44cb-a3cb-8d826b135457?sf190849266=1

On 6/1/2018 at 9:59 PM, vike daddy said:

Fans who have followed the Vikings since the early days certainly remember Tommy Kramer, who played under center in Minnesota from 1977-89.

It may have been years since Kramer stepped into the huddle, but the former quarterback stays connected to his former team and the fan base. He enjoys meeting members of the Vikings faithful, often taking to social media to share stories of new friends he’s made. Recently, Kramer opened an invite for fans to join him at a Twin Cities hotel conference room for a viewing of the 1980 Vikings-Browns game, during which Kramer finished 38-of-49 passing for 456 yards, four touchdowns and a passer rating of 132.7.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Lunchbreak-Pelissero-Visits-With-Highly-Encouraged-Vikings-WRs-/e6116cc2-055c-44cb-a3cb-8d826b135457?sf190849266=1

Tommy Kramer would have to pay me to join him.  ^_^

First-year head coach Pat Shurmur will give the famed "Riders Up" call Saturday at the Belmont Stakes horse race, as announced Wednesday by the New York Racing Authority. The call signals jockeys to climb onto the saddle in the paddock about 10 minutes before post time.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2018/06/belmont_stakes_2018_giants_coach_pat_shurmur_to_gi.html#incart_river_index

• 2 weeks later...