Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

3 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

I'm looking to shore up the back end of my RB depth.

Currently sitting with Dalvin / Kamara / Conner / Dion

Thinking about picking up Ekeler, but I'm dropping Davante Parker for Enunwa.

Are any of these viable drop options for Ekeler?
Watkins, Garcon, Kupp, Kerryon Kohnson

I think anyone who isn't going to crack your lineup,  possibly even as a bye week fill in, is a viable drop for someone like Ekeler if you view handcuff guys as a bigger roster priority (though he gets snaps during games, Ekeler's value on a roster largely stems from being a clear cut handcuff as you shouldn't want to be playing him with Gordon healthy). So I don't see any way in which Garcon is likely to crack your lineup over Watkins and Kupp, so that's an easily acceptable one if you prefer. 

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

do I drop Alfred Morris, Jordy Nelson, or Austin Ekeler. I need to pick up a defense. .5 ppr league

I think I'd drop Jordy depending on what your waiver wire looks like. I know in some of my leagues, the receiver waiver wire is pretty stacked with comparable guys to Jordy - Crowder, Godwin, Cole, Allison, Ginn, Westbrook, Dorsett, Mike Williams, John Brown are all out there in various leagues I'm in. Then guys like Brandon Marshall, Cole Beasley, Tyler Boyd, etc etc etc. So I think Jordy is the easiest one to replace. Ekeler is nothing more than a stash play, but if Gordon gets hurt, I think he's an immediate rb1 in that offense, so I think that's worth the roster spot, even if you never end up playing him for the year. Morris has a 50% carry share in the 49er backfield for sure, and he's going to be the goal line back. He's a guy I don't want to start if I can help it, but could have some nice weeks as a bye week filler, so I think that's important. If he's your rb4, you can certainly get away from him, but I don't see the need to. 

30 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Currently starting Cooper/Landry/Corey Davis.

I have Hogan on the bench. Should I pick up Dante Pettis and start him over Davis/Cooper? Was thinking of dropping burkhead/barber?

I really dislike Cooper in this game. I feel like he had to prove it to me before I start him. He is rosterable but not startable. With Goodwin out, Pettis is starting. I don't expect a great game, but I expect a call from solid one

59 minutes ago, Forge said:

I really dislike Cooper in this game. I feel like he had to prove it to me before I start him. He is rosterable but not startable. With Goodwin out, Pettis is starting. I don't expect a great game, but I expect a call from solid one

Well pettis just for picked up....

Hogan over cooper anyone?

2 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

So...

Do I drop any of the following for Mark Walton?

Aaron Jones, Sony Michel, Frank Gore, Cameron Meredith, Marquise Goodwin?

Nah, it's two weeks and I think that Gio would be the more trusted back. Marvin has a history of not trusting rookies unless forced to

Archived