Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

3 hours ago, Forge said:

It's davis or Gordon here. If you want to believe in the upside of Gordon, then you keep him, though realize there's no way to tell when (if ever) there will be some sort of return on him though. The Titans passing game just looks so bad right now that I have no faith in Davis moving forward. I recently cut him in my league. 

I messed up big time. 

1 minute ago, Keep Pounding said:

I messed up big time. 

It's the best game of his career. Just happened at an unfortunate time. I believe in the bigger spectrum more so than the isolated game. He hadn't done anything all year. Maybe this is the game where he turns a corner, I don't know. But up until now he was pretty easily cuttable. 

my team. standard league

QB: Ryan

RB: Zeke, McCaffery, hyde, Michel, Jones

WR: Adams, Robinson, Tate, Baldwin, Mike Williams, Boyd

TE: Ertz

DEF: Bears, Packers(for the week)

K: Butker

so do i package lets say hyde and and maybe boyd and robinson or something like that for hopkins or brown? or stay put

Just now, SimsZilla said:

my team

QB: Ryan

RB: Zeke, McCaffery, hyde, Michel, Jones

WR: Adams, Robinson, Tate, Baldwin, Mike Williams, Boyd

DEF: Bears, Packers(for the week)

K: Butker

so do i package lets say hyde and and maybe boyd and robinson or something like that for hopkins or brown? or stay put

I am always largely of the opinion to trade depth for established studs. It seldom seems to work (I think you have to target specific teams for that) but my trade proposals always involve me giving up multiple players to acquire just one. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I am always largely of the opinion to trade depth for established studs. It seldom seems to work (I think you have to target specific teams for that) but my trade proposals always involve me giving up multiple players to acquire just one. 

alright so we are in the same mindset. should i target hopkins or brown or someone else? im leaning hopkins, but both owners need rb depth and are 1-2 gonna be 1-3

6 minutes ago, SimsZilla said:

alright so we are in the same mindset. should i target hopkins or brown or someone else? im leaning hopkins, but both owners need rb depth and are 1-2 gonna be 1-3

Target both and see what shakes out. The owners may be of very different mindsets. Putting them both out there is just more efficient lol. I think they are both good adds. I have thought of trying to trade for Brown, and I recently have traded for Hopkins in one league. I generally tend to send out multiple offers at once. When I'm targeting a specific player, it's usually because he's struggling and I'm trying to buy low, or I have a specific sleeper in mind and I want to pick him up before he blows up (I tried several times to do that with Kittle this year, and failed as now he's a legit stud tight end I think.  Unfortunately, I had a shot week one and I blew it as I wasn't aware that my leagues waiver wire priority reset after each week. I had the #1 waiver that week, but didn't use it because I wanted to hold on to it...)

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Target both and see what shakes out. The owners may be of very different mindsets. Putting them both out there is just more efficient lol. I think they are both good adds. I have thought of trying to trade for Brown, and I recently have traded for Hopkins in one league. I generally tend to send out multiple offers at once. When I'm targeting a specific player, it's usually because he's struggling and I'm trying to buy low, or I have a specific sleeper in mind and I want to pick him up before he blows up (I tried several times to do that with Kittle this year, and failed as now he's a legit stud tight end I think.  Unfortunately, I had a shot week one and I blew it as I wasn't aware that my leagues waiver wire priority reset after each week. I had the #1 waiver that week, but didn't use it because I wanted to hold on to it...)

I think I can trade for hopkins easier than brown. Brown owner doesn't like to trade. The real question is, do i trade Tate and Hyde AND boyd for hop or is that too much? Tate has been great as has boyd. I might be able to do williams tate and hyde

Just now, SimsZilla said:

I think I can trade for hopkins easier than brown. Brown owner doesn't like to trade. The real question is, do i trade Tate and Hyde AND boyd for hop or is that too much? Tate has been great as has boyd. I might be able to do williams tate and hyde

Probably not giving all that. Hyde + Boyd for Hopkins is actually not a bad start if he's really bad at running back. My trade for Hopkins was AP + Larry Fitz. You trade has less name recognition (people don't know boyd yet), but is actually the superior option because I'd rather have Boyd than Fitz for rest of the season (I also got Alex Collins in my deal for Hopkins). If you want to throw him Baldwin, I don't hate it. He's taking a chance to buy low on Baldwin and get great value, you're basically saying hey, I'm never going to use Baldwin at this point anyway based on your receivers, but I should get more week in / week out stability from having a #1 receiver.  I also like Tate more than Robinson as you know, so I"m probably holding on to Tate for the most part. If he says no to Hyde + Boyd, I'm okay with adding a back of the bench type guy. At most, I give up Baldwin, but that's largely because I think his name value is worth more than what he's actually going to give fantasy people the rest of the season. I just don't like that offense. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Probably not giving all that. Hyde + Boyd for Hopkins is actually not a bad start if he's really bad at running back. My trade for Hopkins was AP + Larry Fitz. You trade has less name recognition (people don't know boyd yet), but is actually the superior option because I'd rather have Boyd than Fitz for rest of the season (I also got Alex Collins in my deal for Hopkins). If you want to throw him Baldwin, I don't hate it. He's taking a chance to buy low on Baldwin and get great value, you're basically saying hey, I'm never going to use Baldwin at this point anyway based on your receivers, but I should get more week in / week out stability from having a #1 receiver.  I also like Tate more than Robinson as you know, so I"m probably holding on to Tate for the most part. If he says no to Hyde + Boyd, I'm okay with adding a back of the bench type guy. At most, I give up Baldwin, but that's largely because I think his name value is worth more than what he's actually going to give fantasy people the rest of the season. I just don't like that offense. 

thanks dude, im gonna see what i can do. hopefully doing that trio for hopkins. would give me tate and robinson or so for my wrs bench. with michel as my rb3 and jones as rb4. id be ok with that going foward i think

4 minutes ago, SimsZilla said:

thanks dude, im gonna see what i can do. hopefully doing that trio for hopkins. would give me tate and robinson or so for my wrs bench. with michel as my rb3 and jones as rb4. id be ok with that going foward i think

The only problem you're going to have is a lack of name recognition on  Boyd's part, as I think that is a very real problem in fantasy football. But the truth is, Boyd runs as many routes on a per game basis as AJ green, and he gets targets. I think he's good for 5-7 receptions every game, which immediately gives him a very nice floor in ppr leagues (unless there is a game where Dalton craps the bed, which is possible). 

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

The only problem you're going to have is a lack of name recognition on  Boyd's part, as I think that is a very real problem in fantasy football. But the truth is, Boyd runs as many routes on a per game basis as AJ green, and he gets targets. I think he's good for 5-7 receptions every game, which immediately gives him a very nice floor in ppr leagues (unless there is a game where Dalton craps the bed, which is possible). 

So I'm actually trying to trade with my wife, (shes the hopkins owner) and shes pretty decent at fantasy so she knows who boyd is actually. she agreed to do hopkins for hyde boyd and baldwin, and she wants me to include mike williams but id get back allison and godwin. I think i have to take that? gives me a team of:

RB: Zeke, McCaffery, Michel, Jones, (WW pickup)

WR: Hopkins, Adams, Tate, Robinson, Allison, Godwin

Think that's a VERY good team. rb depth scares me but i'd be ok i think

13 minutes ago, SimsZilla said:

So I'm actually trying to trade with my wife, (shes the hopkins owner) and shes pretty decent at fantasy so she knows who boyd is actually. she agreed to do hopkins for hyde boyd and baldwin, and she wants me to include mike williams but id get back allison and godwin. I think i have to take that? gives me a team of:

RB: Zeke, McCaffery, Michel, Jones, (WW pickup)

WR: Hopkins, Adams, Tate, Robinson, Allison, Godwin

Think that's a VERY good team. rb depth scares me but i'd be ok i think

Yes. Getting Allison and Godwin back is really nice for the depth. Easy to be fooled by what happened against  the Bears today, but I still think that Godwin has a solid bye week filler wr 4 option, same for Allison. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yes. Getting Allison and Godwin back is really nice for the depth. Easy to be fooled by what happened against  the Bears today, but I still think that Godwin has a solid bye week filler wr 4 option, same for Allison. 

yeah I think I am going to take it. I hate trading with my wife, because people automatically assume collusion lol but the deal is very fair

Should I trade Brandin Cooks for Sony Michel?  0.5 PPR league.  I'm weak at RB, but pretty solid at WR.  He also offered Dalvin Cook for Michael Thomas, but I'm not doing that.

My team is below.

QB - Stafford

WR - Michael Thomas

WR - Golden Tate

RB - Alvin Kamara

RB - Buck Allen

TE - Ebron

W/R/T - Emmanuel Sanders

Bench: 

Brandin Cooks

Nyheim Hines

Duke Johnson