Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

I got offered Kerryon Johnson and James Conner for David Johnson. The offer seems fair but I'd have to drop someone. Should I make the trade, and if so, who should I drop? Watkins?

I'd keep it in the back of your mind but personally I'd rather deal from a position of strength. I'd try and package Brees or Goff with one of your RBs not named DJ for a RB2 upgrade.

22 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I'd keep it in the back of your mind but personally I'd rather deal from a position of strength. I'd try and package Brees or Goff with one of your RBs not named DJ for a RB2 upgrade.

That seems like a better idea. I managed to snag Goff for the Brees bye week and I'd really like to not just drop him afterward. 

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

My top two in that group are Foreman and Jones. I'd grab Jones now in hopes that the rumors of him taking the starting spot after the bye are true, you probably have another week for Foreman.

That's my plan. Picked up Jones yesterday. If he sucks it up this week, I'll dump him for Foreman next week. 

Someone just dropped Trey Burton...He's worth an add right? Would you drop Njoku for him?

Or would you drop any of..

1. Doug Baldwin WR
2. Tyler Lockett WR 
3. Keelan Cole WR
4. Ronald Jones RB 

I sniped my opponent this week and grabbed Jameis off the Waivers (he's got Brees, bye week). I have Kirk Cousins....Guess I could just turn around and drop Winston for Burton....or is going from Njoku to Burton even that significant?

12 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Someone just dropped Trey Burton...He's worth an add right? Would you drop Njoku for him?

Or would you drop any of..

1. Doug Baldwin WR
2. Tyler Lockett WR 
3. Keelan Cole WR
4. Ronald Jones RB 

I sniped my opponent this week and grabbed Jameis off the Waivers (he's got Brees, bye week). I have Kirk Cousins....Guess I could just turn around and drop Winston for Burton....or is going from Njoku to Burton even that significant?

I don't like having two shares of that Seattle receiving game, that's for sure. Burton is definitely worth a pick up, but he and Njoku are going to be pretty close tier wise most weeks, especially since Njoku has looked much better since Baker came in. So that's going to be a lot of matchup guessing going on. I think that if you picked up Winston just to prevent your opponent from getting him, and have no interest in keeping him or playing him (I usually don't carry 2 quarterbacks), then yeah, I'd cut Winston once the timing works out that he won't come off waivers prior to the games sunday. Cole and Baldwin are rosterable, but I have no issues cutting them at the current point in time especially if you're not using them. If those are the only wide receivers you have then that's a different story, but if those are the guys at the bottom of your roster after the starters, then I think it's fine. 

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

assign them each a number and roll some dice, none of them have any significant role in their offense. Swaim and RSJ probably have the most targets over the last couple of weeks so I'd lean towards one of them but I wouldn't expect much.

Staying away from RSJ after that goose egg last week & he is playing my Defense. I rolled the dice with Uzomah, I like that matchup & Dalton loves his TEs

With Kamara on bye I’m in a tough spot for RB2, I have Thompson but he’s questionable & my other back ronald Jones is a mystery. 

If thompson can’t go should I roll the dice on Jones or grab Mack off the wire? The RB depth is pretty dried up on the wire. 

Murray is available but I don’t trust that line 

Kind of a random thought I had last night... for all you DFS players out there who are going to be doing a Monday night only team, might be a good idea to have a build with Kendrick Bourne. He seems to be a guy we target in the redzone. He'd be somewhat risky, but hes also very cheap and will be guaranteed to not be used by literally anyone else lol

James White - legitimate RB1 / Rb2 in a full ppr league? He's currently sitting at #7 in our league position rankings for running backs and I'm still trying to solve my Rb2 issues in this league. 

Another guy (a real contender in the league) who had a quarterback deficiency just pulled off a deal fleecing another player for Watson, and I think I need to make a legit move to keep up. While I'm 5-0 in the league (he's 2-3), I view my team as now the third best in the league. I'm trying to target a legit rb1/rb2 type but several people in this league are very adamantly against trading, which limits my pool to choose from and he's one of the guys who actually responds to offers. 

like you said, White been great... will it keep up with Edelman and Gordan getting more targets.. You would have to think Sony role gets expended, and they want to get Gronk going... this offense is so explosive.... 

what you guys think of Marlon Mack in full PPR? you think he can break out Sunday... he was throw in a trade this week. I might drop him for another QB for insurance to Goff.. thoughts on Mack?

4 hours ago, Keep Pounding said:

Maybe this has already been mentioned and if it has I apologize, but how long should I keep Aaron Jones? One has to think McCarthy will eventually give him more opportunities right? 

You would think that but....

Regardless, unless you have a shallow roster with a decent waiver wire, Jones should be rostered, just not started. Right now, it's probably unlikely you'll find someone more worthy of that roster spot, so unless you need it due to injury or something, I'd just hang tough with it. 

5 hours ago, tgrades3 said:

Mack or Henry in a PPR?

Got 1 spot open & both available 

I don't know how anyone can trust Mack in that muddled Colts backfield right now. While I'm disconcerted by Henry's recent decrease in usage and snap counts, at least I know somewhat in what he's going to bring me. Personally, I'd go elsewhere than either of those guys. 

**edit

Just realized that you probably meant as a ROS stash and not as a play this week. I don't know that it changes my answer at all, but Mack probably does have the higher speculative upside in the PPR, so if want to shoot for the highest upside and just sit him on the bench, I could understand that, but I have quite a bit more faith in Henry being a helpful fantasy player ROS. Just think it's more likely you get any sort of fantasy value from Henry rather than Mack. 

Archived