Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

14 minutes ago, G-McDog said:

Does Hunt become much more valuable now? Where does he push up to within the rookie rankings with Wares injury?

No. He was already probably going to take the job. Fresh legs and all. 

Without the injury, he was my #6 rookie (standard and half-PPR formats). With the injury, he might have an argument for #5, but the two players are comparable in my eyes.

13 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

If you played in a league where you got 6-points per passing TD, does that change your QB strategy at all? 

I would add at least a round to your comfort zone for each QB. It can depend on your leaguemates, league size, rules, etc., but if Brady, Rodgers or Brees fall to me in a 6 pt per TD league I'm snatching.

6 minutes ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

I would add at least a round to your comfort zone for each QB. It can depend on your leaguemates, league size, rules, etc., but if Brady, Rodgers or Brees fall to me in a 6 pt per TD league I'm snatching.

I play in a 10 man ppr league with 6pt tds all around. A rod went with the 3rd pick in the 3rd round that's a little to rich for my blood, and I think Brady went in the early 4th.

2 hours ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

So you would grab Rodgers or Brady in the 2nd?

Who's the better pick up. Derek Henry or Kareem Hunt? It's a 2 player keeper league, but I'm more likely to keep someone else unless they go very special. So it'll likely be just for this season. Standard NFL.com league. 

Key and SOS: I just had my first out of six money league drafts today.  It's a 0.5 PPR league, with 6 points for passing touchdowns (QBs also get 0.1 points per completion) and bonus points for every position dependant on hitting certain yardage totals.  I hate my RB situation, but I focused on trusting my board and drafting based on value, rather than reaching for a RB in any of the early rounds.  It's a 10 team league, and I had the 4th pick. What do you think?

QB: Drew Brees

RB: Dalvin Cook

RB: Joe Mixon

WR: Julio Jones

WR: Dez Bryant

TE: Rob Gronkowski

FLEX: Martavis Bryant

DST: Jags

K: Dan Bailey

Bench:

Theo Riddick

James White

Desean Jackson

Jonathan Stewart

Derrick Henry

Randall Cobb

Jamaal Williams

Alright I'm back with another question and I feel like I already know the answer. The league where I debated taking Newton and Rivers, and Luck as my starter I ended up with Newton. The cap league, coming down to the final 2 picks, I can afford to take Luck. Great idea or no?

Archived