Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

Finished my home league draft. It's a 12 team PPR keeper league. Each team keeps 2. I made some moves last year (and won) but it cost me my first. I made some more moves to move up and grab an early pick in the first. I took the first big risk of the draft and we will see how it paid off. This is how my team looks:

QB - Winston (14)

RB - DJ (K-9), Zeke (1), Powell (4), Stewart (7), Henry (8), McFadden (10), 

WR - Pryor (K-9), Fitzgerald (3), Ty. Williams (6), C. Coleman (8), Amendola (12), Lee (15), Meredith (17) [We have 7 bench spots. Thought I could potentially stash him]

TE - Witten (13)

K - Bailey (15)

DEF - NE (16)

As you can see I'm not as strong at WR as I'd like. I think my stable of RBs is pretty good for a 12 team league. I'm banking on a potential Murray injury since he has had a zillion touches in the last 4 years. Thoughts?

I just finished my ultra-competitive 12 team, .5 PPR draft. I had the 11th pick out of 12. I got my dream first two picks but the middle of the draft fell a lot differently than anyone could have mocked. I need to make room for a K & Defense...

QB: Jameis Winston

RB: Mark Ingram / Jonathan Stewart / Rex Burkhead / Dion Lewis

RB: Mike Gillislee / Ameer Abdullah / Chris Carson

WR: Jordy Nelson / Paul Richardson / Robby Anderson

WR: Michael Thomas / Seth Roberts

TE: Hunter Henry

FL: Chris Hogan / Pierre Garcon

1.11 WR Jordy Nelson, Packers

2.2 WR Michael Thomas, Saints

3.11 RB Mark Ingram

4.2 RB Mike Gillislee

5.11 WR Chris Hogan

6.2 RB Ameer Abdullah

7.11 WR Pierre Garcon 

8.2 RB Jonathan Stewart

9.11 QB Jameis Winston

10.2 RB Rex Burkhead

11.11 WR Paul Richardson

12.2 RB Chris Carson

13.11 TE Hunter Henry

14.2 RB Dion Lewis

15.11 WR Seth Roberts

16.2 WR Robby Anderson

So I need some help on a potential Jay Ajayi trade. I was never a huge fan of Ajayi but the freaking night before our draft we all go out and a few guys in my league convinced me that Ajayi is an absolute stud lol. So sure enough, when i took AJ in the 1st round at 10 and then when it came back around to me and Ajayi was still there, I had the previous nights convos in my head and just took him...but my boy DeMarco Murray who I 've been high on the entire offseason got taken 2 picks later...I knew i made a huge mistake. I mean Ajayi can be a monster, but the injury history terrifies me and watching him play a few games, it looks like he has absolutely zero vision. That being said, if he stays healthy he probably gets around 300 touches and fighting for a top 5 finish at RB...Just think he's going to give me headaches, With a lot of games with 8 or less fantasy points. This is my starting lineup in a 12-team standard league...

QB: Eli Manning
RB: Jay Ajayi 
RB: Christian McCaffrey 
WR: AJ Green
WR: Dez Bryant 
TE: Jimmy Graham 
FX: Pierre Garcon
DST: Texans
K: Brandon McManus 

Bench:
Tyrell Williams WR
Kyle Rudolph TE
Alvin Kamara RB
Derrick Henry RB
John Brown WR
Samaje Perine RB 

- Love my receivers, no idea how Dez was there in the 3rd. Hate my RB depth and think I'm in trouble with Eli as my starter, but i have hopes with what they've added as far as pass catchers go on that team...Was already offered 2 trades for Ajayi...

Jay Ajayi RB for TY Montgomery and Derek Carr
   - While I'm extremely high on montgomery and Carr would imo improve my QB situation, I'm thinking Ajayi should have more value than this. 

Jay Ajayi for CJ Anderson and Randall Cobb
   - this is an absolute no for me. Cobb would never start and Anderson would be a pretty significant downgrade. 

Like I said, i was already offered those 2 trades. Thinking about offering 2 trades myself...1. Just calling the guy who took DeMarco 2 picks after me and asking him if he wants to swap. Would probably throw in John Brown if I have to. Or 2, Offering up Ajayi for Kareem Hunt and Jameis Winston. Also, I'm higher on Tyrell than most (believe you are too) so I was thinking about packaging Ajayi and Garcon together and seeing what I could get...

Or just stick with the guys I drafted and role with it. Cuz I do like my starting lineup. Expecially if I play the QB Stream game right. 

Thinking out loud here...what if I do this...

Trade Derrick Henry to the Murray owner for Jacquizz Rodgers. Then trade Ajayi for Zeke straight up. (He wants Ajayi) 

Quizz would give me RB2 production at least for 3 weeks. And then after that I'd need to piece together my RB spots until Zeke gets back from his suspension, but when he comes back my lineup would be looking really nice...

Any help would be appreciated

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Trade Derrick Henry to the Murray owner for Jacquizz Rodgers. Then trade Ajayi for Zeke straight up. (He wants Ajayi) 

Quizz would give me RB2 production at least for 3 weeks. And then after that I'd need to piece together my RB spots until Zeke gets back from his suspension, but when he comes back my lineup would be looking really nice...

Zeke ain't gonna be suspended lol

19 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Got offered my Jordan Howard for Dez Bryant and Marvin Jones.

full ppr, I have Zeke, Woodhead, Crowell and Jermey Hill as my other backs.

Crabtree, Sammy Watkins, Tyrell Williams, Willie Snead, and jordan Matthews are my receivers.

I'm keeping Howard in this. Jones isn't an improvement on what you have and would be very hard pressed to ever get into the starting lineup for you, so that's nothing. This basically breaks down to Howard v Bryant, and I I'll definitely take Howard in that every time (this year...Dez needs to get my love back) 

2 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

If you could trade Ajayi for Zeke straight up then I'd take that and hold onto Henry. 

Posted in the Rate my Draft thread and haven't gotten any replies yet.

Had my draft on Sunday.
16 team. .5ppr You can keep 2 players, but you had to of drafted them after the 3rd round the year prior and had them on your team the whole season. I kept and traded Crowell. Had pick 3. Traded down to pick 4. Lineup is- QB, RB, WR, WR, FLEX, TE, D, K

QB- Dalton
RB- McCoy, Ajayi, R. Kelley, C. Thompson
WR- D. Adams, C. Davis, Ginn, Maclin, Z. Jones, T. Smith
TE- Z. Miller (just picked him up on waivers)
D- NYG
K- Hopkins

WRs scare me. I think they'll be ok, but I also think I will be starting one that could do nothing while one goes off on my bench.
Ajayi there in rd 2 was surprising. I couldn't pass it up even though I'm not very high on him myself. Kelley and Thompson were both good value at where I drafted them and were pretty clearly the BPA at those picks. Hopefully I can trade a RB later on in the season to make up the lack of WR if none of them start to breakout.

On 9/3/2017 at 6:47 PM, Eric dunn said:

Need advice on this, should i trade Carlos Hyde for Isaiah Crowell?? In PPR.

This is a tough trade. I think the Ceiling is slightly higher on Hyde, but I Think you may get more consistency and are more likely to get an actual full season from Crowell.  I'm probably going to go with Crowell. Much better offensive line for the run game, and he's not completely useless in the pass game (40 receptions last year). They both play for teams that are going to be losing far more than winning, which mean that they are going to be somewhat limited at the end games. But Hyde is always an injury risk, and the preseason did not show any signs that the run blocking would be improved or that he's primed for a big season. He may have more of a role in the passing game this year than he's had in prior seasons. 

I really don't think that there's a wrong decision here, but I do think that this is an instance where schedule could play a role. The 49ers are in a division with Seattle, the Rams, and Arizona. Those teams ranked 3, 7 and 6 in rushing defense dvoa. They were also 1, 3 and 10 in yards per carry against, and the Rams were the only one outside of the top 10 in rushing yards against, and I think a lot of that can likely be attributed to them being a very bad team that other teams ran on to run out the clock. Sea/Arz  did give up quite a few touchdowns on the ground, but I find touchdowns to be highly variable season to season. I would suspect that all three of those defenses would still be decent this year (though the cards did lose some talent, obviously). I think 6 game against the defenses of LAR, Sea and Arz is less appealing than 6 against Balt, Pitt and Cin, where Baltimore was really the only team with a good run defense last year (PITT and Cin ranked 19th and 23rd in YPC, 11th and 20th in dvoa). Other teams on the 49ers schedule include Carolina (9th in dvoa), the Giants (2nd best defense in rush dvoa last year), 

9 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Is Zeke for sure not getting suspended? Because if he's out...my RB situation is yuck. 

Definitely not for sure, but they did file the injunction. This is basically the same thing that happened with Brady - he ended up playing all of that year following the court injunction, but was suspended the following year. We are supposed to find out something today. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm keeping Howard in this. Jones isn't an improvement on what you have and would be very hard pressed to ever get into the starting lineup for you, so that's nothing. This basically breaks down to Howard v Bryant, and I I'll definitely take Howard in that every time (this year...Dez needs to get my love back) 

Ahhh I actually made this trade. I bought into Crowell enough for him to be my RB2, so I think Dez will give me that bonafied WR1, with Crabtree at WR2 and flex options of Woodhead, Williams and Snead. Which I'm perfectly ok with. This is also me furthering my belief that Zeke won't be suspended.

Archived