aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

7 hours ago, vike daddy said:

easy enough question to come up with the best answer, but i need more info..

when you say the "frame" is 73 1/2" wide, do you mean the rough opening from stud to stud? or is the opening for the doors finished out with sheetrock instead?

will the final door jambs be trimmed with wood trim?

The opening is finished. And there will be trim. 

54 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The opening is finished. And there will be trim. 

ok... and the new doors are pre-hung with jambs, or are just two doors themselves without jambs, and measure a total of 72" in width?

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2024 at 8:03 AM, vike daddy said:

ok... and the new doors are pre-hung with jambs, or are just two doors themselves without jambs, and measure a total of 72" in width?

So, I guess I had the terminology wrong. The door jamb is installed with no hardware or tracking for closet doors. It looks like whoever installed it, attached the door jam directly to the 2x4 framing. The opening of the closet is 73 1/2”. 

My thought process is to remove the door jamb, and shim each side to achieve a 72” opening. But shimming 3/4” on each side seems like a sizable gap. 

Edited by SemperFeist

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

So, I guess I had the terminology wrong. The door jamb is installed with no hardware or tracking for closet doors. It looks like whoever installed it, attached the door jam directly to the 2x4 framing. The opening of the closet is 73 1/2”. 

My thought process is to remove the door jamb, and shim each side to achieve a 72” opening. But shimming 3/4” on each side seems like a sizable gap. 

it's not, that happens all the time. you could first attach a full strip of 1/2" material and then only have 1/4" to shim with shims. which is why i asked if the jambs will be trimmed out with wood trim, which would cover and hide all that stuff.

Vikings head coach Kevin O’Connell said he was "absolutely crushed" by news of Jackson's death and was "at a loss for words."

"Khyree brought a contagious energy to our facility and our team," O’Connell said in a statement posted on X. "His confidence and engaging personality immediately drew his teammates to him. In our short time together, it was evident Khyree was going to develop into a tremendous professional football player, but what was more impressive was his desire to become the best person he could be for his family and those around him."

The Vikings said it was "devastated" by his death.

"Our thoughts are with Khyree’s family, friends, teammates and coaches, as well as all the victims of this tragic accident," the team wrote on X.

NBC News.com

Clingman and two other passengers in the Infiniti were not injured, police said. The driver of the Impala was also uninjured and refused medical treatment at the scene.

Investigators said they believe alcohol may have been a contributing circumstance in the crash and that charges are pending.

NBC News.com

Are you ever having a pretty good day and then get upset because you randomly thought about that time that Case Keenum got sacked and tossed the ball on the ground and it happened to hit the player that sacked him so the refs flagged Case for taunting?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Are you ever having a pretty good day and then get upset because you randomly thought about that time that Case Keenum got sacked and tossed the ball on the ground and it happened to hit the player that sacked him so the refs flagged Case for taunting?

This speaks to me.

• Like 2

Whoever ends up playing CF25, let me know if it's worth it to get a PS5 to do so.  I only have the PS4 (which I was able to get free through a rewards program with my previous employer), and I haven't invested my own money in a new system since the PS2 (I even got a Wii for free from my sister in law) about 20 yrs ago.  

Edited by swede700

I almost made it down to Minnesota for work. Instead I had to send my best crew down to a watermain project on Old Rockford Rd in Minnetonka while I'm stuck up in Saskatchewan.

If anyone is in the area and see's watermain work pop by the crew and say you know their boss Mitch from Regina, it would freak them out.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BWG VIKE said:

I almost made it down to Minnesota for work. Instead I had to send my best crew down to a watermain project on Old Rockford Rd in Minnetonka while I'm stuck up in Saskatchewan.

If anyone is in the area and see's watermain work pop by the crew and say you know their boss Mitch from Regina, it would freak them out.

no, they should say, "Mitch is watching, just so you know..."

now THAT would freak them out.

• Like 4

Just picked up tickets to the game against the Texans. A little earlier than I would have preferred but there was a pair of tickets at a decent price right in front of my friends who have season tickets. Couldn't let those go to someone else. 

Should be a fun one with Diggs returning to MN. 

• Like 2