aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

Just now, swede700 said:

These kinds of sci-fi movies are not typically my shtick...I've seen all the Star Wars movies, of course, but I've never really been enthralled by them (although I agree with the fans that the Anakin movies are garbage, especially that first one, I've never hated a kid like that one in the first movie since the kid that played Charlie Bucket in the Gene Wilder Wonka) ...and certainly haven't made a serious effort at seeing the offshoots on Disney Plus...I think I've seen a couple of the episodes of the Mandalorian...haven't watched any of the others that appear on there. 

err... again with the blasphemy. lol

let's PLEASE not compare the Star Wars action flicks with something deeply insightful as the Dune stories. Dune is a great sci fi movie in that genre, very well done, but make profound intellectual and societal statements about the topics we do not discuss on FF, that Star Wars never had the intent of doing.

the best science fiction is not about robots and laser beams, but is instead used to look inward on ourselves. to examine us as humans individually and as a society, to demonstrate our accomplishments as a species and our failures as we evolve through time.

• Like 3

The greatest alternative to the NFL in history (well, at least since the AFL) and ruined by a certain individual we all know still today.  And it's unfortunate, because I was a big New Jersey Generals fan.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, swede700 said:

All-time classic. 😂

What’s crazy is around 61 or so years ago, the Beatles released “Please Please Me” on March 22 of 1963. Young @vike daddy was cruising his stomping grounds as a senior in high school and giving goodnight prayers to Norm Van Brocklin and ole Fran in hopes of a Super Bowl. 

61 years later in his senior years he’s cruising to the same album, but now just praying to the leaders of KOC and Young Sammy D.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

What’s crazy is around 61 or so years ago, the Beatles released “Please Please Me” on March 22 of 1963. Young @vike daddy was cruising his stomping grounds as a senior in high school and giving goodnight prayers to Norm Van Brocklin and ole Fran in hopes of a Super Bowl. 

whut? 1963?

my grandkids were cruising in 1963....

• Like 1

I was actually having a conversation relevant to this with friends last night. We were talking about how Smells Like Teen Spirit was 32 years old, and that a comparable song would have been made in 1959. Biggest song that year was The Battle of New Orleans by Johnny Horton. 

12 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

I was actually having a conversation relevant to this with friends last night. We were talking about how Smells Like Teen Spirit was 32 years old, and that a comparable song would have been made in 1959. Biggest song that year was The Battle of New Orleans by Johnny Horton. 

In 1814 we took a little trip….

• Like 1