aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

Today when I stepped on the scales at the gym I officially have lost a hair over 100 pounds since March 2022!  I am 63 years old and I feel the best I have felt since I was 35! Down to 164 pounds!!

Congratulations! 

Dp9n.gif

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

Today when I stepped on the scales at the gym I officially have lost a hair over 100 pounds since March 2022!  I am 63 years old and I feel the best I have felt since I was 35! Down to 164 pounds!!

impressive!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

I just got back to the gym, taking over a year off since my son's birth.

Good for you man! 

16 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I just found out at the start of this year I have a 403b and 401a savings plan. 

I don't remember setting up my savings plan like this.

Is it possible to combine these? I think I'd rather just have the 403b.

Any help? 

Do you have a financial advisor?  If so, I would ask them what's best for your long-term financial health. You will also need to figure what, if any, tax consequences might exist is combining the two accounts. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

Do you have a financial advisor?  If so, I would ask them what's best for your long-term financial health. You will also need to figure what, if any, tax consequences might exist is combining the two accounts. 

I don't, but I probably should. So far in 2024 it looks like I'm only contributing to the 403b. I'll double check after Friday, but if I'm not putting anything into the 401a, I don't see a point to it?

Thanks man!

5 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I don't, but I probably should. So far in 2024 it looks like I'm only contributing to the 403b. I'll double check after Friday, but if I'm not putting anything into the 401a, I don't see a point to it?

Thanks man!

Yeah.  A financial advisor really helped me and my wife plan for retirement. A little financial discipline while really pay off for you in the future. Best wishes!

• Like 2