aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

45 minutes ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

It was sad hearing @sparkyjoe1 talk about his dad's glioblastoma.  I hate to think about this, but it's possible we may have lost another one from Valhalla to this terrible disease. 

Has anyone talked to @TENINCH or heard from his family?  He was suffering from glioblastoma, too.  We were friends on Facebook and his account there suddenly disappeared a while back and I haven't been able to contact him.  He was a great guy, and a good contributor to the Vikings Forum here for many years.  It has been well past the two years time that his doctor originally gave him.  :( 

If everybody has a chance, maybe remember him in your prayers tonight. 

Rest in peace, TENINCH.  I hope you have great seats up in heaven to watch from above when the Vikings finally win that first Super Bowl.

I think about him, too. I wonder if he’s okay!? Doesn’t look great if he’s off FB as well. Definitely prayers for @TENINCHand his family. Glioblastoma or any cancer for that matter, is no joke. Prayers 🙏

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

Has anyone talked to @TENINCH or heard from his family?  He was suffering from glioblastoma, too. 

yeah, i've been thinking of Eric lately too... and assuming he has passed.

i have another friend here in CA who is decaying rapidly from the same tumor type. in fact, his wife has not answered my texts from yesterday and today, so he might be gone.

incredibly aggressive thing. a week ago we had a burger together, two days ago he couldn't get out of bed.

hug your loved ones, guys, you never know how much time any of us have.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

For Taylor Swift, it pays to take her show on the road -- and into theaters, too -- she could be raking in a whopping $4.1 BILLION from her super popular "Eras" tour.

The eye-popping figure would mean Taylor owns the most lucrative concert tour in U.S. history -- and, in the process, she'd not only be lining her pockets, but also boosting the American economy. Taylor's multi-billion dollar windfall is an estimate from Peter Cohan, who teaches MBA students at Babson College in Massachusetts. He says he crunched the numbers for The Washington Post, and came out with some astounding figures.

Taylor's estimated cut would be larger than the yearly economic output of 42 countries.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/10/13/taylor-swift-eras-tour-money-4-billion-profit/?adid=social-fb&fbclid=IwAR1mJqovFdklVm_rEd4DTcQofYc5-RxFXalCEoPzYSQKXuLH-GGP1CVEZMQ

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Major League Baseball owners voted Thursday to allow the Oakland Athletics to move to Las Vegas, paving the way for the second relocation of a baseball team in the past half-century, sources told ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38911419/mlb-owners-approve-athletics-planned-move-las-vegas-sources-say

The A's...the most vagabond team in MLB history...from Philadelphia to Kansas City to Oakland to Las Vegas.  And once Lake Mead dries up, they'll have to move again.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

Agreed.  The NFL should force the Chargers to move.  🤣

The NFL should have moved the Raiders to LA with the Rams, and moved the Chargers to Las Vegas. 

If they had moved the Raiders to LA, they’d actually have a home team. The turnout for the Chargers in LA is embarrassing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The NFL should have moved the Raiders to LA with the Rams, and moved the Chargers to Las Vegas. 

If they had moved the Raiders to LA, they’d actually have a home team. The turnout for the Chargers in LA is embarrassing. 

Certainly, because they alienated 90% (that may be an inflated number) of the Chargers' fanbase by doing so all over chasing after a buck.  They had tolerated the Spanos', but that was the final straw.  They are one of the handful of ownerships that are amongst the crop of the worst now (with the Bidwills) that got overshadowed by Snyder.

The only hope for the Chargers is for Dean Spanos' children to not want the franchise after he's gone and then get new ownership in.